Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 261053 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #1005 on: October 05, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »
Greg Denham on KB's show said watch this space regarding Nahas. Both Robbie and Gus would be tradeable. KB was surprised as he thought Nahas would be a keeper as a goalkicking small forward. Denham replied if Nahas turned sideways you wouldn't see him and clubs are moving away from those types.

Pick 9, Nahas and Graham to GWS ---> Dom Tyson 😌

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1006 on: October 05, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
Jesse White has requested a trade from Sydney, where the 24-year-old forward played just three games in the Swans' premiership season. White, originally recruited from Queensland after spending most of his junior years playing basketball, put together an impressive 20-game season in 2010 but has fallen down the pecking order since. He is contracted for another year but, given Sam Reid's development, the recruitment of Tommy Walsh and Sydney's potential to snare Kurt Tippett, the Swans are happy to facilitate a trade.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/power-ponders-best-option-for-monfries-20121004-272b2.html#ixzz28NdbkgdH
Jesse White anyone? How's he going, I know a few seasons back he was talked up a little, I haven't seen enough of him to make a comment either way.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1007 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:08 AM »
Greg Denham on KB's show said watch this space regarding Nahas. Both Robbie and Gus would be tradeable. KB was surprised as he thought Nahas would be a keeper as a goalkicking small forward. Denham replied if Nahas turned sideways you wouldn't see him and clubs are moving away from those types.

Pick 9, Nahas and Graham to GWS ---> Dom Tyson 😌
Don't think they would take that, but it would be one of the best trades we ever did IF it ever came to fruition.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1008 on: October 05, 2012, 12:06:44 PM »
Jesse White has requested a trade from Sydney, where the 24-year-old forward played just three games in the Swans' premiership season. White, originally recruited from Queensland after spending most of his junior years playing basketball, put together an impressive 20-game season in 2010 but has fallen down the pecking order since. He is contracted for another year but, given Sam Reid's development, the recruitment of Tommy Walsh and Sydney's potential to snare Kurt Tippett, the Swans are happy to facilitate a trade.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/power-ponders-best-option-for-monfries-20121004-272b2.html#ixzz28NdbkgdH
Jesse White anyone? How's he going, I know a few seasons back he was talked up a little, I haven't seen enough of him to make a comment either way.
I did mention his name ages ago as a ruck forward prospect for us and once again got nothing positive from many expert posters on OER.
I personally think he's a good depth player for us. He's athletic, he's tall, can play forward and pinch hit in ruck. And he's from a great club with very good culture.
If anything were to happen to vickery he'd be the perfect back up.
Who knows he might even be a really good full forward and let jack to roam around with vickery at chf.
Anyway like I've said I put his name up its really up to the club to do the rest.
You never know....Blair reads my posts we'll wait and see.   ;)
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1009 on: October 05, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »
White has no ticker or intensity. Is athletic, but not a natural footballer.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1010 on: October 05, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »

I did mention his name ages ago as a ruck forward prospect for us and once again got nothing positive from many expert posters on OER.
I personally think he's a good depth player for us. He's athletic, he's tall, can play forward and pinch hit in ruck. And he's from a great club with very good culture.
Who knows he might even be a really good full forward and let jack to roam around with vickery at chf.
Anyway like I've said I put his name up its really up to the club to do the rest.

Just because someone comes from a club who is applauded for their culture does not mean he will be valuable to us. There may also be other reasons other than those noted as to why a player may fall out of favour.

Mr Tigra if my memory serves me correctly you were town crier for the Essendon winning culture and system. Given they are getting Goddard and according to you they have a great culture would you pick up any of their seagull scraps available.

In so many words no to Jesse White.

Princess Jacqui gets a no too. Not enough desperations and squibs too much.
Will cost us to much to acquire and may struggle in a competitive landscape where he has to prove himself that he is competitive and to his teammates and to his get your hands dirty culture not I am Jack and my parents are loaded give me what I want culture.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1011 on: October 05, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
White has no ticker or intensity. Is athletic, but not a natural footballer.
He's definately a better kick that Reid that's for sure.
I've got a feeling about this kid and I reckon he's in for a big 2013 season.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1012 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »

Just because someone comes from a club who is applauded for their culture does not mean he will be valuable to us. There may also be other reasons other than those noted as to why a player may fall out of favour.

Mr Tigra if my memory serves me correctly you were town crier for the Essendon winning culture and system. Given they are getting Goddard and according to you they have a great culture would you pick up any of their seagull scraps available.

Will cost us to much to acquire and may struggle in a competitive landscape where he has to prove himself that he is competitive and to his teammates and to his get your hands dirty culture not I am Jack and my parents are loaded give me what I want culture.
One moment of apoplexy and I'm reminded of it every day thanks to Dooks and Owl despite my open apology to all. Fair enough too I suppose but just sick of not playing finals and at the time the bummers were going ok and looked like they were going to make it.

Anyway I think Jesse White will be good for us.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1013 on: October 05, 2012, 01:20:36 PM »
Happy to change my signature if it bothers you that much. All you have to do is ask nicely

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1014 on: October 05, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »
Happy to change my signature if it bothers you that much. All you have to do is ask nicely

I thought you were tough Dooks. :lol

At least Mr Tigra acknowledges his misjudgement but the vehement argument presented by Mr Tigra at the time should ensure that you keep the sig. I thought you were hard Dooks. :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #1015 on: October 05, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »
dooks is made from churros

i like that

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1016 on: October 05, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
Why would any club be interested in Watts?

Same reason they might be interested in Post.  Perfect football build, talent and potential.

Unfortunately let down by the same thing also - a complete lack of application and heart.

Watts is damaged goods. Should have developed by now. Been in the system look enough. Strongly against chasing Watts. As for White he came with very high raps but for some reason has not developed at Sydney. Reid has leap frogged him in pecking order by a mile

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:26:51 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1017 on: October 05, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »
All good Dooks   :thumbsup
I'm prepared to cop whatever when I post, even if it comes back to bite me on the arse. It's all part of the fun of posting opinions on OER.
I'll leave that decision totally up to you mate.  :cheers

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1018 on: October 05, 2012, 03:56:35 PM »
Could we be one of the 5 clubs.

GOLD Coast youngster Maverick Weller could be on the move, with up to five clubs showing interest in him.

Weller, who was one of 12 players signed to Gold Coast as a 17-year-old access selection in 2009, has struggled for a regular game at the Suns.

Weller's future is one of the deals that could take shape after bigger name players such as Kurt Tippett have found new homes.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149213/default.aspx

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1019 on: October 05, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »

One moment of apoplexy and I'm reminded of it every day thanks to Dooks and Owl despite my open apology to all. Fair enough too I suppose but just sick of not playing finals and at the time the bummers were going ok and looked like they were going to make it.

Anyway I think Jesse White will be good for us.
Don't take it to heart mate, I am a lazy bastard and just could'nt be bothered changing it lol  I am sure I will put my acketts on the line one day and trip arse over tit and you can give it back to me ;o)
there u go all fixed lol
Lots of people name their swords......