Author Topic: High-flyer Rivkin dies  (Read 4346 times)

Ox

High-flyer Rivkin dies
« on: May 02, 2005, 09:38:04 AM »
I remember watching him on late night tv, saying he only slept 3 hours a night
and wondering how he did it.

Now I know.

Rene dug his own grave.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: High-flyer Rivkin dies
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 04:18:51 AM »
Just a sad story. He could afford everything and anything he wanted to give him material happiness but that meant zip in the face of the form of depression he was suffering from. IIRC from Denton when he talked about his life he came across as someone who had become "successful" (well rich) but through his childhood especially and adult life missed out on experiencing many other aspects of life like sharing emotion, love and joy. Just sad. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 06:29:08 AM »
Wish i saw that MT, because not knowing him at all, my judgement of him isn't nice.
And you just reminded me that i missed Denton yet again lol
That's Monday nights isn't it?  :banghead

Ox

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 07:57:58 AM »
Just a sad story. He could afford everything and anything he wanted to give him material happiness but that meant zip in the face of the form of depression he was suffering from. IIRC from Denton when he talked about his life he came across as someone who had become "successful" (well rich) but through his childhood especially and adult life missed out on experiencing many other aspects of life like sharing emotion, love and joy. Just sad. 

Yes mate.
He openly spoke of the cold,orderly relationship he had with his father.
Although this childhood neglect was probably the catalyst for his unstable state, it too would have had a lot to do with the drive that put him on top.

What r u gonna do ??

Living is always a good option.