Author Topic: Griffiths off to hospital  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Griffiths off to hospital
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »
He is not a backman - need him at CHF or may as well pee him off.

Does not get the ball enough to be damaging by foot

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »
I can't believe the BS being spouted in here.

Griffiths is 20 years old. He's 200cm tall or thereabouts.

A body that size won't mature fully until he's had a solid 5+ years in the AFL system. He doesn't have the physical maturity yet to match it against opposition key/power forwards.

He shows he is prepared to compete. He runs quite fast for his size. Excellent long kicking ability. Personally I would keep him and I think Damien is clearly trying to start him in the backline with a mind to move him to the forward line in future (which is the traditional way of developing some forwards). At least I hope so anyway.

Jayden Post on the other hand has been in the system for 5 years and IMO hasn't quite shown enough, although he played reasonably well against Freo with some good marks. I'd have liked to see him in the forward line more this year but I'd certainly de-list/trade him before Griffiths at this stage.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »
Richmond defender Ben Griffiths was taken to hospital for precautionary scans after suffering concussion, but returned to Melbourne with the team and will be monitored through the week.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/145013/default.aspx

Offline tigercub2012

• Future Richmond star
  • I never worry about action, but only inaction
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 02:00:32 PM »
careful getting rid of big young men
jay shultz has bitten us on the tail
get rid of old tried and seen players first
newman first
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 02:08:55 PM »
Jay Schultz himself clearly stated that he wanted to go home to SA. His heart wasn't in it at RFC. May have been different if Dimma was here when Jay was.

Notice how Deledio thought long and hard about re-signing when Wallace was sacked? He wanted to see who would replace him. Now that Dimma is here he happily signs a 5-year deal. You don't have to wonder too hard at how much a coach influences the attitude of a player. But several players want to play at home near their families and Jay was self-admittedly one of those people.

Newman probably has one more year in him. A bad month on the ground for the skipper but I certainly wouldn't blame him for our losses. He is universally admired as a captain, ESPECIALLY within the AFL by other players. Notice Pendlebury rated him as the best skipper in the league?

Offline tigercub2012

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »
dont believe collingwood pooh
get real hes had a bad season
holding up a development spot
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
He's not soft.

He's a fwd playing out of position

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »
dont believe collingwood pooh
get real hes had a bad season
holding up a development spot

Get real? He IS a developing player. He's 20 years old and 200cm tall. Holding up a development spot? What planet are you on? lol

Right, so if a tall player hasn't made it by 20 then yeah, let's drop them. I guess that means every single decent ruckman and forward in the AFL?

So lets just delist Maric and Riewoldt? Riewoldt didn't hit form until 2010 when he was closer to 22 y/o than 21 y/o. Maric is looking great, at the tender age of 26.

You get the picture...

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »
Keep Griffiths. Got plenty of upside to him. Only very young. Will develop. Good kick and have seen him take a good mark. Will learn to get more of the ball when gains more experience

Offline Frustrated

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
Keep Griffiths. Got plenty of upside to him. Only very young. Will develop. Good kick and have seen him take a good mark. Will learn to get more of the ball when gains more experience

I agree give him another year but let's not do  St Kilda and let this guy become another Kosi, taking up a spot on our list for 7 or 8 years longer than he should have. He has Kosi written all over him from my opinion but hope he proves me wrong next year on the field :thumbsup

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 01:38:16 AM »

I agree give him another year but let's not do  St Kilda and let this guy become another Kosi, taking up a spot on our list for 7 or 8 years longer than he should have. He has Kosi written all over him from my opinion but hope he proves me wrong next year on the field :thumbsup

Given the current state of our forward line I would welcome a Kozi. Just somebody to be there, look tall, kick a goal per week etc. Kozi's clearly a hack but our forward line talls consist of Riewoldt and McGuane. McGuane VS Kozi...hard call as neither is a good player but I'd probably take Kozi for his size.

Dearly missing an in-form Vickery...

Offline tigercub2012

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 01:42:58 AM »
I said Newman is holding up a development spot
I clearly stated to keep griffo
Uneducated people frustrate me :banghead
Winston Churchill

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:13 AM »
I have a bachelor's degree you fool. I simply misunderstood your post is all.

As for Newman...well he's had an average month or two sure. Started the year well. Pity he's ending the season in bad form because it makes the decision harder. And I don't think I would want Cotchin to take the captaincy just yet, would prefer it in a year or two, and I'm not convinced anybody else could do the job although Deledio has looked more mature the last 1-2 years.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 06:31:13 AM »
And that's why we don't play Finals
Keep playing Duds!!!
How's your boy McGuane going?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »
And that's why we don't play Finals
Keep playing Duds!!!
How's your boy McGuane going?

Jack is off the bandwagon now. If McGuane plays well next week then Jack will be back on it calling him the next Carey again