Author Topic: 2012 Richmond Delistings [merged]  (Read 28855 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Delist
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 12:07:34 AM »
burn the house down.
fairdinkum its like meerkats
in here sometimes. :gotigers

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »

Again if people are truly honest how many really thought we were going to make finals this year?

I did. I rated us about 7th to 12th.  Looks like we're going to come in the bottom of that range which is disappointing.  I still don't see a whole lot of above average AFL players in defense or up forward.  We could do with another couple of quality mid fielders too.  We have a smattering of above average AFL all over the ground but there are still quite a few positions filled with average AFL standard or below players.

I hope next year Conca, Ellis, Vickery, Batchelor, Helbig, Dea, Grimes really improve next year or it will be an indictment on our development coaches and system.  They will be 40-50+ game players by then and starting to influence games.  This is where our noticeable improvement and depth will come from next year if we get any.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 12:31:35 PM »
Graham, mcguane, maric, webberley is all that will probably go. Moore, miller, macdonald, Connors and heslin have gone. That's 9 players.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »
McGuane
Jackson
Nahas
White
Derickx
Graham

Enough is enough.

McGuane - 50/50. He's not going to cost much and if he does a reasonable job at filling a gap forward or backline I'd keep him. You can't blame him for our recent losses except maybe a crap game last night.
Jackson - You're joking. Every side needs tough players to go under the pack and protect the likes of young Cotchins etc. Same thing. Cheap player, tries hard, fit, tough - definitely worth keeping despite his lack of speed/skill IMO.
Nahas - Has kicked 32 goals this year. Hasn't been great the last few weeks but what more could you want? Seriously...

White - yeah I'd probably delist
Derickx - two years at RFC, one ruined by injury. Would consider another year/last chance but otherwise wouldn't be disappointed if he was delisted
Gus - As a backup ruchman for Maric I'd keep him simply for his mature body. Would rather lose Derickx or Brown.

I'd delist Post unless he pulls a miracle in the last two rounds. Would have said Miller and Moore but it looks like RFC has already acted there.

the claw

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 01:55:21 PM »
Craig Cameron must be replaced by Neil Balme. I also think Francis Jackson and his team have had a fair go and its time to move them on. We thank them for their efforts as supporters, but missing the eight year in year out is unacceptable and we cannot and should not allow that to continue.

Yep 3 years is long enough to build a list. FFS  :banghead
craig cameron has been there since 07, francis jackson since 05. list management has not been good in the time hes been there. recruiting is very questionable up to 09 isay 09 because its a bit early to judge later drafts.

at the very least in all areas we should be asking ourselves do we need to do better should we do better can we do better. nothing against these two blokes but we have to review all areas of the club regularly.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »
Craig Cameron must be replaced by Neil Balme. I also think Francis Jackson and his team have had a fair go and its time to move them on. We thank them for their efforts as supporters, but missing the eight year in year out is unacceptable and we cannot and should not allow that to continue.

Yep 3 years is long enough to build a list. FFS  :banghead
craig cameron has been there since 07, francis jackson since 05. list management has not been good in the time hes been there. recruiting is very questionable up to 09 isay 09 because its a bit early to judge later drafts.

at the very least in all areas we should be asking ourselves do we need to do better should we do better can we do better. nothing against these two blokes but we have to review all areas of the club regularly.

We had 1 guy covering 8 states/territories for the first few years and Wallace wanting to recruit a certain type. The  post I replied to said sack his TEAM they have had long enough which is 3 years which as you said is too early to tell. At least Jackson didn't butcher any first rounders while he was by himself. Cameron I'd agree with you though. Though in his defence we can't get rid of everyone at once and we had a hell of a lot of spuds. He just had to keep the most useful duds if that makes any sense.

the claw

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
heres a list of uncontracted/ retired or cut  players.
browne, derickx, webberley,mcguane, white, foley, newman, tuck, and post all uncontracted. this is the group of players where delistings will come from.

retired moore.
delisted/walked macdonald, moore.

rookies retired
miller, heslin.

im damn sure we wont be cutting contracted players so people should forget about the likes of nahas jackson king graham etc going this yr.

for me 7 or 8 should be cut from the list proper so that means 4 or 5 of the named uncontracted players above  will join moore, macdonald, and connors. to me they should be browne, derickx, webberley, mcguane, and white.
i cant see any of tuck, foley the captain newman or post getting the flick.

so with just a little common sense and a little deduction the delistings/retirements will come from.

moore, macdonald, connors, webberley, browne, derickx, mcguane, white list proper.

miller heslin and one other rookies giving us 4 selections here.

Offline tigercub2012

• Future Richmond star
  • I never worry about action, but only inaction
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »
so newman goes yipeee :cheers
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »
McGuane
Jackson
Nahas
White
Derickx
Graham

Enough is enough.

McGuane - 50/50. He's not going to cost much and if he does a reasonable job at filling a gap forward or backline I'd keep him. You can't blame him for our recent losses except maybe a crap game last night.
Jackson - You're joking. Every side needs tough players to go under the pack and protect the likes of young Cotchins etc. Same thing. Cheap player, tries hard, fit, tough - definitely worth keeping despite his lack of speed/skill IMO.
Nahas - Has kicked 32 goals this year. Hasn't been great the last few weeks but what more could you want? Seriously...

White - yeah I'd probably delist
Derickx - two years at RFC, one ruined by injury. Would consider another year/last chance but otherwise wouldn't be disappointed if he was delisted
Gus - As a backup ruchman for Maric I'd keep him simply for his mature body. Would rather lose Derickx or Brown.

I'd delist Post unless he pulls a miracle in the last two rounds. Would have said Miller and Moore but it looks like RFC has already acted there.

U delist a young promising tall in post but keep mcguane instead. No idea

gerkin greg

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »

agree, delist them both  8)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 04:52:24 PM »

agree, delist them both  8)

Yeah and grimes does a hammy, griffiths does a quad next year and batchelor is our chb for 7 weeks at 187cm. Good idea

gerkin greg

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »
Better idea than playing post  8)

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »
Reckon Gerks is a moral to get delisted from OER
 :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame