Author Topic: 2012 Richmond Delistings [merged]  (Read 31906 times)

the claw

Re: 2012 Richmond Delistings [merged]
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:59 PM »
1/  age hes only 22.
2/ the lack of genuine tall defenders on the list even if chaplin comes.
3/ i reckon theres is some decent signs that post will be a decent player. one more yr is warranted but no improvement next yr would see him get the chop.

He's worse than McGuane at the same age and you're defending him?! You've changed.
whos defended anyone. and no i havent changed. i think it prudent to give him one more yr. i usually give 195cm plus players plenty of time. there have been plenty of good glimpses from this bloke mixed in with the crap.
like most i have grave concerns unlike most i think or hope he can go up a gear or two and improve.
would certainly keep a 30 game  4 yr player over a 90 odd game 8 yr player. at least with post there is scope for improvement.

again why would we keep him
1/ hes only 22 a lot of times it takes really tall players till age 24 before they click.
2/ the lack of genuine tall defenders on the list we have just 4 including the rookie darrou of which   post is one of them.
3/  as i have said i reckon there is an upside to him and there have been good glimpses mixed in with the real ordinary one more yr when all is considered is not unreasonable.  if he cant sort out his weaknesses next yr well and good give him the flick.

Yet you lay into Vickery who is younger and taller? And want to trade Rance when he is only 2 months older and light years ahead of Post?
so what are you saying vickery unlike post should be exempt from criticism, or rance is untouchable as far as trades go. well i disagree.
have i asked for vickery to be cut  no is the answer.  i lay into vickery because hes been lousy in many areas injury or no injury i also lay into post and his weaknesses.there are parts of vickerys game far worse than posts and vice versa.

have i ever asked for rance to be cut delisted.  the simple answer is no.
yes i would trade rance for tyson it would take a player of rances worth to get  that deal done theres nothing more to it.
why offer up a trade if its got no chance of getting off the ground.
would trading rance hurt us structurally my oath.but to get outright quality like tyson which is about the only reason why you would trade rance i would do it.
 do i point out rances weaknesses and criticise  him for them you bet and will continue to do so. theres a big difference between delisting a player and trading  them.
we want to cut post right or wrong me i would rather give him one more yr for the reasons i stated.

would i trade post for the right offer yes would i do the same with rance and vickery yes. for the right price they are all fair game apart from a few.
post is on thin ice i would not be surprised if he was delisted and i certainly could not blame them if they did. cant see us getting anything for him atm but i see some good signs along with the bad.i reckon hes one of of those types where it will quickly  fall into place and it will have to next yr or he will and should go.
for me the real question here is a choice between mcguane and post and i would  keep post every day of the week for one more yr.  it has nothing to do with deserved  criticism of vickery or trading rance for potentially a super player.  its a choice between a player who has upside and a player whos had 8 yrs of mediocrity with no real upside.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 10:45:39 AM »
1/  age hes only 22.
2/ the lack of genuine tall defenders on the list even if chaplin comes.
3/ i reckon theres is some decent signs that post will be a decent player. one more yr is warranted but no improvement next yr would see him get the chop.

He's worse than McGuane at the same age and you're defending him?! You've changed.
whos defended anyone. and no i havent changed. i think it prudent to give him one more yr. i usually give 195cm plus players plenty of time. there have been plenty of good glimpses from this bloke mixed in with the crap.
like most i have grave concerns unlike most i think or hope he can go up a gear or two and improve.
would certainly keep a 30 game  4 yr player over a 90 odd game 8 yr player. at least with post there is scope for improvement.

again why would we keep him
1/ hes only 22 a lot of times it takes really tall players till age 24 before they click.
2/ the lack of genuine tall defenders on the list we have just 4 including the rookie darrou of which   post is one of them.
3/  as i have said i reckon there is an upside to him and there have been good glimpses mixed in with the real ordinary one more yr when all is considered is not unreasonable.  if he cant sort out his weaknesses next yr well and good give him the flick.

Yet you lay into Vickery who is younger and taller? And want to trade Rance when he is only 2 months older and light years ahead of Post?
so what are you saying vickery unlike post should be exempt from criticism, or rance is untouchable as far as trades go. well i disagree.
have i asked for vickery to be cut  no is the answer.  i lay into vickery because hes been lousy in many areas injury or no injury i also lay into post and his weaknesses.there are parts of vickerys game far worse than posts and vice versa.

have i ever asked for rance to be cut delisted.  the simple answer is no.
yes i would trade rance for tyson it would take a player of rances worth to get  that deal done theres nothing more to it.
why offer up a trade if its got no chance of getting off the ground.
would trading rance hurt us structurally my oath.but to get outright quality like tyson which is about the only reason why you would trade rance i would do it.
 do i point out rances weaknesses and criticise  him for them you bet and will continue to do so. theres a big difference between delisting a player and trading  them.
we want to cut post right or wrong me i would rather give him one more yr for the reasons i stated.

would i trade post for the right offer yes would i do the same with rance and vickery yes. for the right price they are all fair game apart from a few.
post is on thin ice i would not be surprised if he was delisted and i certainly could not blame them if they did. cant see us getting anything for him atm but i see some good signs along with the bad.i reckon hes one of of those types where it will quickly  fall into place and it will have to next yr or he will and should go.
for me the real question here is a choice between mcguane and post and i would  keep post every day of the week for one more yr.  it has nothing to do with deserved  criticism of vickery or trading rance for potentially a super player.  its a choice between a player who has upside and a player whos had 8 yrs of mediocrity with no real upside.

Not saying that at all. Simply stating that in your original post you seemed to be sticking up for Post because of age and height but were willing to criticise Rance and Vickery very openly. But it doesnt matter as you cleared all that up  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »
Blair Hartley said we'll be using 4 draft picks.

At the moment we have 3 senior list spots free ...

5 Out: Moore, Connors, Webberley, Browne, MacDonald

2 In: Knights, Chaplin

So another current Tiger on our senior list has to be moved on to free up a spot for a 4th pick.

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »

So another current Tiger on our senior list has to be moved on to free up a spot for a 4th pick.

Or Newman to the Vets list?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »

Already on it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »

Newy is already on the vets list although at the moment he's inside the senior list so you're right TT he could be moved to outside the senior list if need be to free up another senior list spot.

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »

Newy is already on the vets list although at the moment he's inside the senior list so you're right TT he could be moved to outside the senior list if need be to free up another senior list spot.

Yep, that's what I thought.  So I think that means we can take an extra player on to the senior list and reduce our rookie list by one from memory?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »

Yep, that's what I thought.  So I think that means we can take an extra player on to the senior list and reduce our rookie list by one from memory?
Yep that's correct TT. The final decision on which way to go often comes down to how much we want to spend on our list as senior listed players earn more than rookies.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2012, 08:36:03 PM »
Derrickx should surely be first to go then. He's 25 with 2 games to his name. Either him or Graham.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2012, 09:04:51 PM »
Derrickx should surely be first to go then. He's 25 with 2 games to his name. Either him or Graham.

Or Post

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2012, 09:08:16 PM »

Or Post

Shown alot more than Derrickx and is 3 years younger. Pretty obvious choice

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
Delist them both

gerkin greg

« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
both three of them

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »

Or Post

I'd keep the rucks over comPost.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2012, 07:20:25 AM »
Get rid of Graham amd Derrickx.