Author Topic: It's official: Pies are totally deluded  (Read 13510 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: It's official: Pies are totally deluded
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 12:14:30 PM »
 :rollin Jason Cloke  :rollin

:rollin The fruits of their rebuilding phase Fraser, Lonie, Cole, etc etc  :rollin

:rollin At Malthouse and Balme helping to architect this demise - Richmond through and through  :rollin

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 10:11:30 AM »
Saw Balmey after Williamstown GF in 2003 - Had to ask him R U still a tiger or what - Deep down allways a Tiger He said  :thumbsup

Laughed at my mate saw Terry Daniher and siad what are you doing at scum like collingwood - Reply Its a job gotta work mate :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 04:08:47 AM »
LOL CUB

Looks like the Pies and poor Eddie are finally going to lose all those lucrative Friday night games. Enter the Tigers you would think based on current form :thumbsup.

--------------------------------

Friday lights dim for Pies
15 May 2005   
Herald Sun
Jon Ralph

COLLINGWOOD faces the prospect of a dramatic cut in the weekend's most desired fixture slot – Friday night football – if it cannot turn around its lacklustre season.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said Collingwood was like any other team in that if it performed poorly it might be shunned by broadcasters in prime-time spots.

Demetriou told 3AW that Collingwood was likely to have its Friday night fixtures reduced if it continued to struggle as it did in 2004.

"Absolutely. You would definitely see less Friday nights (involving Collingwood) based on form ," he said.

"That has been borne out of the way we have done the Friday night fixture in that teams that have performed poorly don't get to play as much on Friday night as the following years.

"Teams perform well earn the right to play more on Friday night the following year."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,15289839%255E19742,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 10:31:55 AM »
Now, if we can get Demetriou to start to schedule more MCG games as well as Friday night games for us, i'll be a happy girl.
Wondering if they'll stop giving the Pies other benefits too, like reserved seating for their members at "away" games.
Be nice if we got some of those new social sections of the G as well, so our social club members (who get really nothing in return for their membership) somewhere to go to.

A successful Richmond = a successful AFL.  God i hope it comes this year lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 09:14:57 AM »
Now, if we can get Demetriou to start to schedule more MCG games as well as Friday night games for us, i'll be a happy girl.

This isn't going to happen - we will play (as will the other MCG co-tennants) a minimum of 3 home games a year. We have an arrangement with Telstra to play 4 games a year for a guaranteed figure. Under the AFL arrangement of 3 games there is no under written amount.

Wondering if they'll stop giving the Pies other benefits too, like reserved seating for their members at "away" games.
Be nice if we got some of those new social sections of the G as well, so our social club members (who get really nothing in return for their membership) somewhere to go to.

This is not an AFL arrangement - the new Social Club arrangement the Pies have is with the MCC not the AFL. The MCC negoiated with the Pies only. When the Pies are not playing at the MCG the home team have access to the facilities.

As for reserved seats for away games - that is up to each individual club
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 02:29:02 PM »
This isn't going to happen - we will play (as will the other MCG co-tennants) a minimum of 3 home games a year. We have an arrangement with Telstra to play 4 games a year for a guaranteed figure. Under the AFL arrangement of 3 games there is no under written amount.

How do the Hawks only have 1 home game at the Dome  ??? but 8 at the 'G. Do they somehow get out of the 3 game Dome minimum by playing 2 games in Tassie?  ???

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 03:10:25 PM »

How do the Hawks only have 1 home game at the Dome  ??? but 8 at the 'G. Do they somehow get out of the 3 game Dome minimum by playing 2 games in Tassie?  ???

Yes it is partly because of the ir Tassie arrangment and also because of the deal with the AFL when they moved from Waverley. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2006

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2005, 04:03:37 AM »
Good to see the Pies made the tough decisions after their "review" :lol

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire promised a "full reconstruction" of his underperforming football department as recently as six weeks ago. But with the AFL's most eagerly anticipated review now complete, not one Magpies official has lost their job in the post-season examination.

But once the football department was turned inside and out, all staff invited to reapply for their own jobs, a high-profile list of new applicants interviewed and Swann given greater sway over football matters, there was no great revelation as to why Collingwood could not field a competitive team.

"Injuries were a massive factor," Swann said. "The rest is fine-tuning."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16754743%255E36035,00.html

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2005, 05:02:56 PM »
I nearly fell off my chair this morning when I read that the Pies spent $12 million bucks on thier footy department - highest in the league. They also (after this review) have the most assistant coaches - 6. Why

Clearly more money than sense................you can spend a fortune .... but if you have list of over rated duds and young players that never seem to improve - nothing will make you competitive

But good on them for giving us all a good laugh :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 05:36:53 PM »
In fitting with this thread, isn't it hilarious that the Pies and Bombers have fallen to such depths that they're now fighting over a 30-year old like Camporeale. How sad ;D.

I can't see Micky lasting must longer at the Pies at this rate.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 05:34:19 AM »
From the Age:

Malthouse said he would be "bitterly disappointed" if the Magpies did not make the finals next season.

Prepare to be bitterly disappointed Mickey :rollin

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has told Collingwood officials that the Magpies will not be required to wear an alternate strip in 2006, Magpies president Eddie McGuire told Collingwood's annual meeting last night.

McGuire said the AFL had conceded that the Magpies' traditional black-and-white strip and the similar heritage strip could be used in various combinations with black or white shorts to ensure an alternate strip was not required.

Their current jumper isn't traditional  ::). The heritage/mainly white one is!

As long as the Pies wear their old white guernsey with black stripes and white shorts then there won't be any confusion. And when we are the away side the same thing should apply. Why should we be made to wear something different when there never was a jumper clash until the Pies changed their jumper to a mainly black one to appease their sponsors.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2005, 02:24:52 PM »
From the Age:

Malthouse said he would be "bitterly disappointed" if the Magpies did not make the finals next season.

Prepare to be bitterly disappointed Mickey :rollin

Yeah, Malthouse is on some powerful drugs if he reckons Collingwood can make the 8 next year

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2006, 02:11:53 AM »
Poor Bucks reckons the Pies are a serious chance for the flag :rollin

The 33-year-old says the sky is the limit for Collingwood this year, if the entire squad commits itself, and a premiership in his time is achievable.

That will only happen, Buckley says, if the club focuses only on seizing its chance this year and not worrying about what could or has gone wrong.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18041489%255E11088,00.html

Ox

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2006, 02:32:14 AM »
Was trying to tell a colonwood mate tonight that they he should brace himself for a rough 6 years.

He's like,"no mate,we got some really good kids who have built up over the summer"

What a fool - llike all of them.

They just cant believe that they are s h i t.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 03:00:24 AM »
Goodbye TAC sponsorship  :nopity

Now will this get a mention on the Footy Show after all the fuss they made when it happened to us?  :nope