Author Topic: It's official: Pies are totally deluded  (Read 13497 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
It's official: Pies are totally deluded
« on: May 03, 2005, 04:49:47 AM »
3 million bucks over 3 years for Jonathon Brown!

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/05/02/1114886312591.html

Ever heard of the salary cap Eddie  ::). I guess Bucks can tell Brown about what a great career move it was to leave Brisbane and come to Collingwood and show him all the premierships he's wo... oh that's right he hasn't  :rollin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

Re: It's official: Pies are totally deluded
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 06:41:57 AM »
He won't leave Brissie I wouldn't think.  They'd get rid of others before they'd let him go to fit him in their salary cap.  poo for brains if they didn't. 

I don't like one man teams, although i wouldn't knock him back if he wanted to come to us.  He gets injured, he's a very expensive casualty.  Don't blame the Pies for having a go - type of stuff we used to do in the old days when we had money and GR in charge of recruiting.  But that was pre salary cap.  Not much chop if you've got one big King Kong and the rest are monkeys because that's all you can afford.  I like the way we're doing it at the moment - just recruit the best drafts and build a well-balanced team. 

I actually hope Collingwood do something stupid like that - always backfires in the long run IMO.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 07:51:24 AM »

LMAO@ Wanting a set of clokes - good one  :thumbsup

Brown is the new Plugger and would be welcome at Tigerland

2JD

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:58:12 AM »
Would a set of clokes, barely used, complete with mother and father, be a fair swap for a Brown??? lol matbe throw in a setof steak knives :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 02:44:20 AM »
Another failed attempt by the Pies to attract a high profile player - Gehrig, Nick Stevens, Nathan Brown  :thumbsup and now Jonothan Brown. What a shame  :lol

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 04:00:45 AM »
Ah well, at least they got Woewodin and Caracella  :rollin

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 09:29:29 AM »

And we thought our recruiting was bad :lol :lol :lol

Ox

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 11:05:37 AM »
Geees I love how poo they are.

MAkes me feel UNREEEEAAAALLLLLL !! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 01:23:55 PM »
They must reckon everyone has a price, but obviously money doesn’t buy everyone, or everything.  And it’s good to see Brown knock any speculation on the head right away, without it turning into another ‘will he, won’t he’ saga.

Fair enough that Clubs try these things, but how much pressure do they put players under if they accept these mega deals?  It's totally irresponsible by Clubs, because they couldn't possibly have the interests of the player at heart.  How much added pressure and flak did Gaspar have to deal with after his last contract?

Who knows whether Collingwood knew they weren’t going to get Brown, and just tried to get Brisbane to pay more than they had to for him, but it makes it look as though people are trying to cover their own backsides when they’re under pressure and not winning games.  Get real.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 05:06:10 PM »
So true TS.

Eddie is the best thing for Collingwood off-field in terms of generating money for the Pies and sponsors but he is the worst thing for them on-field as he has the same mentality as the average Pie supporter who thinks it's 1930 and they are still the greatest club ever and the world revolves around them ::). It doesn't matter which club it is but while Club administrators and staff think their club is far better than it actually is they have got buckley's chance lol of winning a flag. So keep up the good work Eddie and Mick so you're remain one less side we have to worry about in the future. 1 flag in 45 years says it all :thumbsup

:lol

Not forgetting former Eagles Andrew Williams and Chad Morrison. Malthouse playing favourites again.

And although he wasn't recruited from another club Rhyce Shaw is always good for a laugh when he gets the footy :rollin.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 05:38:31 PM »
People people people. I think we might be overestimating the moral fabric of Eddie and co. and underestimating their cunning. Do you not think that they were trying to push Brisbane's offer into a position that would squeeze the room in their cap? I think they full realise they havent a hope in hell of getting Dal Santo either and are doing the same thing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 10:46:38 PM by the_boy_jake »

Moi

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 09:17:07 PM »
Eddie is the best thing for Collingwood off-field in terms of generating money for the Pies and sponsors but he is the worst thing for them on-field as he has the same mentality as the average Pie supporter who thinks it's 1930 and they are still the greatest club ever and the world revolves around them . It doesn't matter which club it is but while Club administrators and staff think their club is far better than it actually is they have got buckley's chance lol of winning a flag.

It also goes against them in these big players they chase - clubs don't want to deal with them for this very reason.  Probably the reason we got Brown instead of them.  I wouldn't deal with them with the perception Eddie creates that Collingwood is the greatest club and the rest are scum.  The way they deal is actually doing them harm on the trading scene.  Maybe they should change tack and start building their list like most other clubs seem to be doing with young kids.  But i'm more than happy for them to go this way and they achieve mediocrity forever  ;D

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 09:28:06 PM »
People people people. I think we might be underestimating the moral fabric of Eddie and co. and underestimating their cunning. Do you not think that they were trying to push Brisbane's offer into a position that would squeeze the room in their cap? I think they full realise they havent a hope in hell of getting Dal Santo either and are doing the same thing.

Never let reason get in the way of an opportunity to bash Collingwood.

lmfaooo@Rhyce Shaw MT.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 07:24:49 PM »
Pies got pumped by 18 goals!  :rollin

Eddie skip dreaming of paying $$$ for only one star player. You need to buy a whole new football team lol.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 05:34:45 AM »
Saw this posted on BF. Mr "game over" is jumping off the bandwagon because the Pies are crap :rollin.

http://www.collingwood365.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1846