Author Topic: Tigers and Pies request to play each other twice a year / Ramp up rivalry (Age)  (Read 1867 times)

dwaino

Mrakov hiding in a dumpster looking for stories again  ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Mrakov hiding in a dumpster looking for stories again  ;D

:clapping
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hope Clokey stays at the Pies now. Get it done Pies.  :clapping

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
with richmond perennial pooness also affecting crowds, the traditional rival tag lost its lustre. hence enter the geelong & hawthorn twice as strong crowd pulling games.

I grew up when Richmond were strong and have no love for them but I am against us fixing the 2 game senario with too many clubs. Richmond are not big enough or important enough to worry about. They burnt us in the past, stuff em

It's good for 8 points though.  :)

the bloke is a crackhead.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Don't want to play the scumbags twice just sitting near their supporters makes me want to get up and leave ... They are Inbred and lack Imagination , Intelligence and Deserve to stay at the bottom for 30 years , a role reversal  is well and truly due

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
with richmond perennial pooness also affecting crowds, the traditional rival tag lost its lustre. hence enter the geelong & hawthorn twice as strong crowd pulling games.

I grew up when Richmond were strong and have no love for them but I am against us fixing the 2 game senario with too many clubs. Richmond are not big enough or important enough to worry about. They burnt us in the past, stuff em

It's good for 8 points though.  :)

Mrakov, again if you have taken these quotes from another site/forum then you need to post the appropriate link or we may have to remove them because without the links it is technically plagiarism

Thanks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
If someone quoted me and posted the quote on Big Footy, does that mean it is plagiarism despite Coach not giving a crap?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
If someone quoted me and posted the quote on Big Footy, does that mean it is plagiarism despite Coach not giving a crap?

Yes if no recognition is given to you as the author  ;D

You could sue  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy

gerkin greg

Sue Coach, what a nice poster she is

Some know her as Susie

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy

Some know her as Susie

:lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

Some know her as Susie

Now the dots are getting joined!

;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Another purely money generating decision. The Pies cracked the wobblies years a go that we wouldn't share the gate for our traditionally season opener against them. They were the dominant AFL club at the stage and Eddie was demanded what he liked from the AFL. Every club was meant to bow to the greatness that was Collingwood and beg for the honour to play them.  :chuck

Now we are becoming a powerhouse club again and closing in on them with off field success (still a little way off with memberships but we have the supporter base to do it unlike the other pretender clubs ie Hawks). They see how big a crowd we pull against the Dons and Blues and now are keen to come and share in the spoils too.

I think we should tell them where to go.  >:(  We can draw huge crowds without them and it would be a great message to show the competition that we don't need Collingwood to be profitable at the gate. Stuff em  :boxer

but we will...just like our Cairns decision.....it's all about the money  :'(

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Another purely money generating decision. The Pies cracked the wobblies years a go that we wouldn't share the gate for our traditionally season opener against them. They were the dominant AFL club at the stage and Eddie was demanded what he liked from the AFL. Every club was meant to bow to the greatness that was Collingwood and beg for the honour to play them.  :chuck

Now we are becoming a powerhouse club again and closing in on them with off field success (still a little way off with memberships but we have the supporter base to do it unlike the other pretender clubs ie Hawks). They see how big a crowd we pull against the Dons and Blues and now are keen to come and share in the spoils too.

I think we should tell them where to go.  >:(  We can draw huge crowds without them and it would be a great message to show the competition that we don't need Collingwood to be profitable at the gate. Stuff em  :boxer

but we will...just like our Cairns decision.....it's all about the money  :'(
Maybe it's about putting a smile on our faces when we smash them twice in a season  :thumbsup