Author Topic: Why Richmond should not make Trent Cotchin captain in 2013 (Herald-Sun)  (Read 5016 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Why Richmond should not make Trent Cotchin captain in 2013 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 07:06:40 PM »
"you act like potato, you get fried, ****face"

I hope the **** is replacing "scar" and not something else Mr Gerks

choose your own adventure  :shh

Agent Melanie to ride the giant serpent in the basement 

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 08:22:17 PM »
Cant see how it could be anyone but Cotch;

- he is a natural leader
- he doesnt go missing
- he stands up when it is required

No one else is even close to him in credentials

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »
Cotchin is an apex predator.

Let him Eat 'em alive.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 12:59:23 PM »
Lids is the games 9th best player - according to AFL coach s

Wouldn't be the end of the world if he gets it

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »

Doesnt mean his a good leader

Good leader > good player

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »

What?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »

What?

That little '>' means more than, better than, bigger than.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »
Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup makes sence now how Maxwell gets he gig :lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »
Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup makes sence now how Maxwell gets he gig :lol

Thought that had been clear for a while

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »

Thought that had been clear for a while

Only to non Tasmanians...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »

The port game is a good example of why he shouldnt get the captaincy gig

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 01:41:29 PM »
Cotchin is the heir apparent. Should be given first crack. Needs to have good support around him. Deledio, Maric, Tuck should be in leadership group

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 04:14:16 AM »
I'm sure most of you were hoping, as I was, that Newman would do it for one more year. Pity, but I can't help but think Newman probably thought this through before stepping down. He did say he wouldn't have if he wasn't confident somebody else could do better.

Initially I was worried for Cotchin, after seeing what Melb did to poor Trengove. I thought maybe Deledio should do it, but as mentioned Lids sometimes goes missing and despite being an A-class player he honestly doesn't have the instinctive toughness of guys like Cotch, Tuck and Morris. As for Lids' pride, well he's grown up a lot over the last 2-3 years.

After thinkin it over I'd pick Cotch. The guy is a different breed to Trengove and will excel in the role. Tough guys like Tuck, Jackson and Martin will always have his back, and the rest of the leadership group (Newman especially) will support him mentally you can be assured. Ready to lead? Born ready MF'er!

Oh and btw I don't think many of you must have met Jackson or at least im sure you dont know the inner workings of the club 100%. Damned good bloke, smart and has his head screwed on very well. He has a role at the club (not just on field) and if he doesn't fulfill it then you can be sure he wouldn't be in the leadership group or at RFC at all. most of your harsh opinions are illinformed and presumptuous. Let up a bit.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2012, 04:44:09 AM »
I'm sure most of you were hoping, as I was, that Newman would do it for one more year. Pity, but I can't help but think Newman probably thought this through before stepping down. He did say he wouldn't have if he wasn't confident somebody else could do better.

Oh and btw I don't think many of you must have met Jackson or at least im sure you dont know the inner workings of the club 100%. Damned good bloke, smart and has his head screwed on very well. He has a role at the club (not just on field) and if he doesn't fulfill it then you can be sure he wouldn't be in the leadership group or at RFC at all. most of your harsh opinions are illinformed and presumptuous. Let up a bit.

I get the feeling this isn't the only website you post on. Give you a quick tip, people on here aren't into the whole "you don't know how the club works" attitude. I've quoted the bits I disagree with.....

No, I don't think "most" of us were hoping Newman would do the job. Actually, I reckon 80% of the regulars here were hoping he'd hand it over to Chimp. Personally I reckon Chris did ok but we're moving forward now and Chimp is clearly a guy that can captain for 10 years. One of the best players in the comp is Trent and he's got leadership written all over him

Never met Jackson although I'm sure he's a nice bloke and intelligent as well. Again, I reckon a good 80% (at least) of this website would prefer it if Jacko was not in the leadership group. How many times has this guy been suspended in the last 3 years? How many times has he given away stupid free kicks like the one against Westhoff? Too many times. You could forgive him if he played like Steve Johnson but Daniel is an average player. He had a good patch this year but most of 2012 was the same old same old. Why not drop him from the leadership group and bring in Maric or Foley? What does Jackson provide that these blokes can't?
And what is your role within the club since you know the inner workings? Are you a coterie member? Does an assistant coach tell you that Daniel Jackson does an important role every week whether that be tagging Watson or Swan or maybe even playing as a defensive half forward? There is a coterie member on this website but I don't think he buys into everything that the coaches/players tell him because I know he doesn't rate Jacko at all  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »

I get the feeling this isn't the only website you post on. Give you a quick tip, people on here aren't into the whole "you don't know how the club works" attitude. I've quoted the bits I disagree with.....

No, I don't think "most" of us were hoping Newman would do the job. Actually, I reckon 80% of the regulars here were hoping he'd hand it over to Chimp. Personally I reckon Chris did ok but we're moving forward now and Chimp is clearly a guy that can captain for 10 years. One of the best players in the comp is Trent and he's got leadership written all over him

Never met Jackson although I'm sure he's a nice bloke and intelligent as well. Again, I reckon a good 80% (at least) of this website would prefer it if Jacko was not in the leadership group. How many times has this guy been suspended in the last 3 years? How many times has he given away stupid free kicks like the one against Westhoff? Too many times. You could forgive him if he played like Steve Johnson but Daniel is an average player. He had a good patch this year but most of 2012 was the same old same old. Why not drop him from the leadership group and bring in Maric or Foley? What does Jackson provide that these blokes can't?
And what is your role within the club since you know the inner workings? Are you a coterie member? Does an assistant coach tell you that Daniel Jackson does an important role every week whether that be tagging Watson or Swan or maybe even playing as a defensive half forward? There is a coterie member on this website but I don't think he buys into everything that the coaches/players tell him because I know he doesn't rate Jacko at all  ;D

Thanks Coach, saved me some typing!   :thumbsup