Author Topic: No Doz  (Read 4802 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
No Doz
« on: May 05, 2005, 11:55:44 PM »
According to Browny a number of our blokes take "no doz" caffeine tablets with permission of our medical staff. Only the young guys are not allowed to use it. Browny takes 2 before a game and 1 at half time. He said he feels he has more energy and give him more zip (the side didn't have much zip at the start of the game on the weekend :-\ ).

Spider Everitt said he takes 6 (equivalent to 10 cups of coffee  :o. Talk about hypo  ;D ).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: No Doz
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 12:27:27 AM »
Nick Daffy was having grande latte enemas a decade ago.

Moi

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 06:03:43 AM »
Might explain my lack of vim and energy - i'm down to one cup a day whcih i'm just about to have now!
Anyone have a problem with these tablets?
Are they performance enhancing or just make your eyes pop out of your head lol

Ox

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 06:48:18 AM »
They're wack.

Sometimes they cause nausea and like any "upper" run out before time.

Should be banned.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 08:58:18 AM »
It may explain why Browny runs around half the time like he is lost......

If you cant get a buzz playing at the elite level on your own, stay home and give someone else a crack.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline tassie tiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 10:14:24 AM »
I for one, couldnt believe that statement last night by Browny and Everitt as well as how matter of fact it was accepted!  If a bit of cafeine is the diference between playing well or poorly...I'd have to think you got problems.

Sounds a bit like "I didnt inhale" and "I did not have sex with woman" kinda sitauation to me.

Ox

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 10:25:27 AM »
Dont drug dealers use caffiene to cut coke and speed. ?

Offline tassie tiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 10:32:14 AM »
Dunno...you might do better to ask Cousins and Gardiner!  lmao

Ox

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 10:33:35 AM »
or Eddie...

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 11:26:37 AM »
No Doz was standard fare during my final year in high school. (13 yrs ago now) No biggie. Its been around a long time and side effects were bugger all really.

They shoulda had Tweek from Southpark on the show.
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 12:49:14 PM »
Agree with the sentiments of om21 and tassie tiger.  If you need artificial stimulants to get the adrenalin going at this level, then I’d have lots of questions about those players.

To me, it’s a reflection on those players that they take them in the first place and then probably come to rely on them to get them firing.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 12:59:45 PM »
Anyone have a problem with these tablets?

Yeah I do - for all the reason om21, tassie tiger and TS have mentioned.

Also because back in the 1980's at one of the Olympic games an Aussie fellow (Alex Watson was his name IIRC) failed a drug test because of high levels of caffiene. He claimed it was because he had drunk alot of Coke before one of his events. He appealed and won (I think) but he was tainted none the less.

What message is it sending to kids when blokes have to take a caffiene tablet to get themselves fired up  :-\ :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tassie tiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 01:02:53 PM »
Sorry Plough...I know I played like crap and let the team down but hey I forgot my caffeine tabs....."yeah right!"

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 01:26:33 PM »
Must admit, having been around a lot of sport for a lot of years this issue doesn't really concern me. Cain's right No Doz have been around since I was at school...and that's a tad longer than 13 years :lol Basically you could get the same effect by drinking the equivalent in coffees..it's just a lot more convenient to pop a tablet.

Richo has also admitted taking caffeine tablets....as well as being a heavy coffe drinker. In fact many players have admitted taking them. As Everitt and Brown said they suit some players and don't suit others.

Players also take amino acids and various other products (legal) to aid in recovery and to help give a lift. Players drink sports drinks with various additives, eat lollies, take glucose tablets...the list is endless. All are legal and all are taken in the belief they'll help in some way.

I'll bet we've all drunk a heap of coffee at some stage to stay awake and to help focus...I know when I was at Uni, and completing assigments at the last minute, coffee was my drug of choice (along with nicotine).

If it's legal, has no detrimental side effects and it helps I don't see that it's a problem.

Offline tassie tiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 02:40:19 PM »
Yeah BG I been around a lotta sport a long time also.  Maybe I'm jsut old fashioned but I cant recall any of my teammates eevr needed anything to get em pumped other than team , club and personal motivation.  I understand its "just caffeine" but my issue is why do we "need" anything.  What can be harmless can easily become a necessary for my continued good performance also.  Just easier without it.