Author Topic: Fitness coach Peter Burge [merged]  (Read 17733 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fitness coach Peter Burge [merged]
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
Makes you question our mind set previously. Has our fitness regime changed that much? Or were all our players lazy sod's before

Well we had

Vickery who couldn't be stuffed
Hampson who could only do so much before needing a knee hunch
Lids who did enough to look flashy

tony_montana

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2017, 05:35:02 PM »
Makes you question our mind set previously. Has our fitness regime changed that much? Or were all our players lazy sod's before

I recall when Rutten first joined richmond as a development coach saying we need to train harder and Lids replied take it easy truck, we just got back, we'll train harder next week. or something along those lines.

Attitude probably wasnt the best

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2019, 02:56:48 AM »
One bloke who should receive special praise this year is our head of fitness coach, Peter Burge.

For us to cop all those injuries (most of which were structural/collision types) and to have many of our stars out for lengthy periods during the first 2/3rds of the season, yet for him and the rest of our fitness and medico staff
to still be able to get our list not only back to almost full health but to be peaking and firing on all cylinders for the finals and to win the flag was an incredible effort.

We're very fortunate as a Club to have such highly skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated people  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2019, 10:01:47 AM »
I marvel at the teams fitness and conditioning these recent years.  They run teams into the ground and then keep running and all without vitamin injections or columbian marching powder.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2019, 10:22:46 AM »
I remember being absolutely bummed we couldn’t land Darren Burgess a while back. Looking back seeing the sudden meteoric rise of port Adelaide in 2014 I remember thinking Geez I wish our team had the fitness and conditioning of Port. Fast forward to 2017 where we got to see our team ruin sides after 3/4 time and also this year being able to peg back leads and grind out wins I’m so proud of our boys but also our medical and fitness crew for a)not rushing players back while still injured ala Richmond of old and b) when someone comes in from the twos they are able to at least run out the match.

Well done to all the support staff for changing the way RFC manages players

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2019, 10:57:41 AM »
This guy is doing an extraordinary job.

You just know if the team is within a sniff at half time they will probably run a team down.

Like Geelong for example! I love how their salty supporters are trying to hang their hats on their half-time lead in the prelim :)

Tigers really are the fittest and best team over a full four quarters.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2019, 11:37:24 AM »
lol yeah that really is too precious.  If's, but's and maybe's are no substitute for a flag but they sure make good tissues.
Lots of people name their swords......