Author Topic: D-Rod back to Richmond  (Read 9011 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: D-Rod back to Richmond
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »
No surprise Melbourne looking at him. :lol :rollin :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »
while i dont rate  rodan never have, age has nothing to do with it , at 29  if he was up to standard why would you not take him  if he improves our list.
this age thing is utter bull dust. the only consideration is  cost and if he improves us. we are not trading out of the nd to get mature players so there is no harm.

have said often would have taken moloney at age 29 because he significantly improves an area of our side.  depth experience are straight away addressed and the load on inside players tuck and foley is eased.

imo rodan has  never really  been up to standard imo to many poor decisions for one,
would rather give a high performing state leaguer a try instead.

an example of a short term solution with age is maric. we need a  viable back up for him as a short term list managment thing. id do what brisbane did with ben hudson if need be and take a 30 yr old even just to fill the gaping hole for a yr and give some genuine cover while we find a longer term solution.

im hoping we are looking to rookie the likes of kyle martin paul marschall jack hannath  tom sundberg sam dwyer and a fair few others. id take em over 18 yr old rookies any day.
have to  say it,  if we were to take 6 18 yr old rookies id bet we would get more out of rodan than 5 of them. 5 are likely to never play a game.
2 or  3 kids 3  or 4 mature types in the rookie draft for me.

D Rod is a classic example of our garbage from a previous regime(s) who as soon as he went to Port and played in a reasonable side that made the GF albeit losing by 20 goals many starting saying why why why did we give him away.

As far as I am concerned we have worked hard to get our list to where it is and whilst Claw raises some valid points in terms of looking at mature players from state leagues etc, Rodan IMHO will add nothing to our list. In fact I think he'll get in the way of our 2nd and 3rd tier blokes who are starting to show some positive signs.

There is no romance in getting Rodan back to the club. Would be an error of judgement that whilst we may not pay for it greatly in terms of picks, salary etc we may pay for it on the field and the development of the side to this stage and what they have learned is far more imperative than the romance of bring Rodan back to Punt Rd, who clearly after 11 years of footy still makes elementary errors and plays that overuse type of game he has played all his career.

There are other players who have been delisted that can add more value to our list than Rodan.

Let Melbourne "improve" their list with him.

A resounding no from me.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 10:11:46 PM »
No for me. Rodan may take games away from a guy like Helbig/ Conca who should be pushing for best 22 action. Otherwise he'll be taking games away from draftees at Coburg. No thanks close thread.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »
i dont rate  rodan never have

Agree.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »
No for me. Rodan may take games away from a guy like Helbig/ Conca who should be pushing for best 22 action. Otherwise he'll be taking games away from draftees at Coburg. No thanks close thread.

We're trying to play finals here man. If Rodan came here and was in the best 22 then he should play. Simple as that

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »

We're trying to play finals here man. If Rodan came here and was in the best 22 then he should play. Simple as that

Are you in favour of giving Rodan a go too?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2012, 10:45:37 AM »
To be honest IDGAF. Just disagree with the "he'll take games away from [insert player]". If someone is having games taken away from them then they go to Coburg and force their way into the seniors. No more gifting games. I thought that was meant to be happen last season?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »
To be honest IDGAF.

You either are for him or against him ffs.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2012, 08:33:11 PM »

He wouldn't be.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
To be honest IDGAF.

Incorrect.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2012, 08:39:39 PM »
To be honest IDGAF.

Incorrect.

Double incorrect :allears i'm with Davey, if he is on the list rookie or whatever and can force his way into our best 22 then good luck to him. But if we don't bother with him then so be it....

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2012, 08:49:07 PM »
Agree with the sentiments on if he is in the best 22 then he should play.

However if he is in our best 22 Im pretty sure we wont be playing finals.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »
To be honest IDGAF.

Incorrect.

Double incorrect :allears i'm with Davey, if he is on the list rookie or whatever and can force his way into our best 22 then good luck to him. But if we don't bother with him then so be it....

Get your ears pinned flapjack

You are wasting my time  >:(

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »

He wouldn't be.

Yeah but that's not the point. :cheers

Offline Crumden

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »
 Don't see much point in picking up Rodan. Only player he would be competing against is White, and I'm not sure he is even an upgrade on White. Gets a bit more of the ball, but my feeling is that White gains more metres per match. Anyway, we need to bring in players to upgrade on the best 22, not the 23-35 ranked players