Author Topic: 2013 Draw ..... we don't have the season opener again  (Read 19212 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2013 Draw ..... we don't have the season opener again
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 11:07:06 AM »
I just dont want to play Carlton in round 1 period. Stuffing sick of it. They have such a mental edge over us, we poo ourselves every time. had a gut-full of starting the season with a loss. Would prefer to play stuffing Brisbane or something.
Play Carlton in round 7 or so and beat the pricks. Then we can play them in the opener next year when we have gotten over our hoodoo.

That is what I was talking about regarding not having the opener!!!

Wouldn't appear to sit too well with the "No Excuses" policy?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
I just dont want to play Carlton in round 1 period. Stuffing sick of it. They have such a mental edge over us, we poo ourselves every time. had a gut-full of starting the season with a loss. Would prefer to play stuffing Brisbane or something.
Play Carlton in round 7 or so and beat the pricks. Then we can play them in the opener next year when we have gotten over our hoodoo.

Still no excuses mate, doesn't mean I have to like playing them round one as the opener..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »

Still no excuses mate, doesn't mean I have to like playing them round one as the opener..

I look at it as another challenge we have to overcome and until we learn how to overcome these challenges we will never be as good as we need to be.  Bring 'em on I say!  :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »

I look at it as another challenge we have to overcome and until we learn how to overcome these challenges we will never be as good as we need to be.  Bring 'em on I say!  :gotigers

Bring them on no doubt, I agree, but we build ourselves up for the opener year after year...to no avail. I just think having a couple of games the week before may turn the eye on those games more and take some pressure off us, who knows. This is our best shot to date though for mine.. :pray

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »

Bring them on no doubt, I agree, but we build ourselves up for the opener year after year...to no avail. I just think having a couple of games the week before may turn the eye on those games more and take some pressure off us, who knows. This is our best shot to date though for mine.. :pray

I hear what you're saying WAT but the cop-out is written in your words.  Until we can let the pressure build and handle it we will never ever win a flag.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 05:02:04 PM »
We play the Eagles away at Subi in round 10 on a Monday night. It's a public holiday in Perth that day.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149806/default.aspx

Bugger  :banghead

I suppose what it does guarantee is that we will have a bye in round 11

The AFL web-site said each club will have a bye between rounds 11-13
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

I hear what you're saying WAT but the cop-out is written in your words.  Until we can let the pressure build and handle it we will never ever win a flag.

It's not intended as a cop out smoke, but if that's how you read it, so be it. Further to your comments though, until we beat GC and win the winable games, I agree with you, but thats no excuse either is it!!

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »
heaven forbid we learn to win pressure games.

thank god finals don't have a heap of pressure involved
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 07:38:52 PM »

It's not intended as a cop out smoke, but if that's how you read it, so be it. Further to your comments though, until we beat GC and win the winable games, I agree with you, but thats no excuse either is it!!

Don't take it personally WAT, I was referring to the club 'copping out'.   ;D  Which I think they would be doing by trying to hide from their demons and taking the heat out of any particular game of football.  The Collingwoods, Sydneys, Geelongs etc don't fear any side, any time, any where and we have to get into that space if we are to hold any hope of being genuine contenders.  And the ONLY way we are going to do that is to face it head on, prove the fear is a myth of days gone by.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:06:02 PM by smokey_58au »

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 08:10:47 PM »

Don't take it personally WAT, I was referring to the club 'copping out'.   ;D  Which I think they would be doing by trying to hide from their demons and taking the heat out of any particular game of football.  The Collingwoods, Sydneys, Geelongs etc don't fear any side, any time, any where and we have to get into that space if we are to hold any hope of being genuine contenders.  And the ONLY way we are going to do that is to face it head on, prove the fear to by a myth of days gone by.

Didn't know there was 2 teams in Collingwood and 2 teams in Geelong.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 08:13:27 PM »
I thought WAT was leaving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »
I don't care who we play and when.

I would rather make finals on the back of a harder draw it has more credibility if you make it.
We were 5-5 after 10 games this year. How hard was our draw. Yet despite some narrow losses in that time that hurt there was a lot to admire.
At least on the back of a hard draw if you make it and lose in the first week you know where you stand and what you need to do. Sure we lost to GC and Carlton and Nought in unloseable games but we hopefully learn from our mistakes and prepare diligently to ensure success next time.

Would you rather be Nought 16 points playing the two new frnachises twice. Two times against the Dogs including 1 loss  a loss to Port after being 5 goals plus up with ten minutes to go and a thumping 115 point loss to the pee and poos in Tassie. To paint over the cracks they beat a few sides on their way down in the run home with 8 out of 11 ganes at Etihad and to show how worthy they were they went to Perth and lost by 16 goals which I so proudly predicted at the time pre game and close to what the scores would be too. ;D

Skataboner Spirit on the back of that or a side on the way up who will eventually learn how to cope with the pressure of a big game how to deal with the fact they are favourites and how to bury sides they should bury and beat sides consistently above them and below on the ladder.

Bring on the Cheats in Round 1. :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »

Didn't know there was 2 teams in Collingwood and 2 teams in Geelong.

Yep, AFL and VFL.

:P

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012, 12:03:47 AM »
Sounds like the biggest losers out of the fixture could be kangaroos.
They had such an easy draw this year yet still only made the top 8 because of other teams bad luck with injuries and us losing to many close games.

the claw

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »
for me id like us to play collingwood, sydney, hawthorn, essendon, and wce twice. geelong at the g. port at aami. adelaide at the g. gws in syd. gcs at etihad. freo at etihad and brisbane at the gabba.

we go to
perth 1
adelaide 1
brisbane 1
syd 2

play geelong for once in melb.

get big games against coll ess haw  twice.

we challenge ourselves mainly against the better sides. none of this easy draw crap. if we get there we will have earnt it. if we dont we will have a more realistic idea of where we are at.