Author Topic: Medical room update [merged]  (Read 2653 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Medical room update [merged]
« on: October 16, 2012, 02:18:48 AM »
RICHMOND

Jake King has had work on foot, wrist and posterior cruciate ligament ailments. Had a slight set-back with his foot last week, but should join training in December.

Tyrone Vickery is already working out in the gym after having a "tighten-up" on both shoulders.

Brett Deledio has had a tidy-up on one knee, while Brad Helbig is expected to be running by December after a clean-up on his foot.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/afl-post-season-medical-report-for-your-club/story-e6frf9jf-1226496635551
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:18:06 PM by one-eyed »

tony_montana

Re: Post-Season medical report ....... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »
Brad helbig wtf? He is one player that should be having a massive preseason, missing half of the core running sessions isn't ideal for someone who needs to make their mark in 2013.  Why wasn't the 'cleanup' done earlier?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »
Brad helbig wtf? He is one player that should be having a massive preseason, missing half of the core running sessions isn't ideal for someone who needs to make their mark in 2013.  Why wasn't the 'cleanup' done earlier?

Didn't he get injured in the last game? Bit harsh to blame that on the club I would have thought.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »

Didn't he get injured in the last game? Bit harsh to blame that on the club I would have thought.

Broke a bone in his foot in the last couple of games IIRC.  Had a plate inserted which has been removed in the the last week.  Now for his rehab before running full pelt in December. 

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »

Broke a bone in his foot in the last couple of games IIRC.  Had a plate inserted which has been removed in the the last week.  Now for his rehab before running full pelt in December.

Was the Port game on the Southern Stand Wing that he hurt himself. Last game of the year. Going to be hard to get the surgery done any earlier.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 12:36:59 PM »
Plus wasn't he injured earlier in the season with a foot?

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »

My bad had no idea he got injured again. Thought it was a clean up on the ankle from last preseason op

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »
Think Helbig should play the rest of his career in Asics Kayano's.

hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 01:39:49 PM »

Nice shoes the Kayanos  :clapping

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Medical room update (afl site)
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »
RICHMOND

Start of pre-season: Thursday, November 1

Injury list: Jake King (foot, knee), Tyrone Vickery (shoulders), Brad Helbig (foot), Brett Deledio (knee)

The third-oldest player on the Tigers' list, King's body needed quite a bit of post-season attention and he is likely to have a restricted pre-Christmas training program. Vickery, who was mothballed midway through the season due to issues with his shoulders, will also be eased into training. Helbig suffered a serious foot injury while playing for the Tigers' VFL affiliate, Coburg, early this year. He returned to play in Richmond's last five games, but he needed further treatment on his foot at the end of the season, so he will continue to manage the issue over the summer. Deledio needed a cleanout on one of his knees, but it should not have a negative impact on his training program.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149955/default.aspx#tigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Medical room update [merged]
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 12:24:54 PM »
Gee, really thought Vicks would be into it straight up. His shoulders must of been crap.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »

Nice shoes the Kayanos  :clapping

Yeah just got a pair of the 18s

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 07:54:28 PM »
What about foley?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »
What about foley?

He should play out the rest of his career in Kayano's too.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »
Gee, really thought Vicks would be into it straight up. His shoulders must of been crap.

Agree.....it's a worrie if Vickery can't get in a full pre season. Technically he has already had 5 months off. Surley if all went well he'd be right from the get go?