Author Topic: Richmond's biggest whipping boy  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond's biggest whipping boy
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 08:41:18 AM »
The list is getting smaller. 8)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »
I try not to bag players. Especially not at games. I was a bit worried after Griggs first few games because I liked Collins. But all is good now and grigg has shown plenty of improvement while Collins has played about 1 good game  ;D. Gotta be supportive of every player and see their positives and give them time to work on negatives. Surely the club can give Posty 1 year at least. He does go in. Showed some real hunger and courage against Freo and ess late in the season. He's ahead if astbury no doubt IMO. Needs to work on his composure at training. 1 on 1 he's way ahead of astbury and he has the biggest leap at the club and is very good at spoiling and marking.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:46:42 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »
If we the had the emphasis on character, in particular competitiveness and drive, at the time, I doubt we would have drafted Post.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 10:01:49 AM »
I try not to bag players. Especially not at games. I was a bit worried after Griggs first few games because I liked Collins. But all is good now and grigg has shown plenty of improvement while Collins has played about 1 good game  ;D. Gotta be supportive of every player and see their positives and give them time to work on negatives. Surely the club can give Posty 1 year at least. He does go in. Showed some real hunger and courage against Freo and ess late in the season. He's ahead if astbury no doubt IMO. Needs to work on his composure at training. 1 on 1 he's way ahead of astbury and he has the biggest leap at the club and is very good at spoiling and marking.

Dud delist

Edit: quote edited
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:47:21 PM by one-eyed »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »
Jako b/c he plays the most senior footy plain and simple.

Considering the number of whipping boys has dropped means list wise we are on the right track. :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »
If he was a closet gay he might get a bit more respect for his decent games :lol

Not that there's anything wrong with that.   ;D

Not at all ;D

Edit: quote edited
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:47:55 PM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 04:10:01 PM »
I feel like Post's weaknesses won't be overcome.  He's too slow in the head, too slow in the legs, can't fire off a quick handpass, and lacks intensity.  I'd want to see him as an option up forward, not down back.

Same here. I liked post, thought he had a lot of upside and that he was being dealt a rough hand on the board here at times, but towards the end of the season i saw a few things that screamed at me that said "not enough desire" I just dont think he's got the make up to go all in for lack of a better term. The boy needs to find some passion. Potential with an unwilling mind.

Said it all for me RRJ.  I just jumped off the bandwagon a bit earlier than you I think and once I jumped I turned on him.  Nothing frustrates the crap out of me more than seeing someone waste talent and opportunity at the top level by sheer lack of heart or appetite for the contest.   ;D

These sum up my view.

Don't doubt his ability but struts I certainly question his intensity, want and desire for a contest.

Remember watching him in the NAB cup and actually thought "finally the penny's dropped"

Get to round 1 and ....well ... When he pulled out of a contest (again) he lost me because I realised sadly i might add the penny hadn't dropped at all
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »
Robin Nahas
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »
i dont bag em for the heck of it. its purely based on performance time in system  and weaknesses in their game.

white, nahas, mcguane, king, jackson, edwards, and houli and possibly derickx  are all senior players who i would look to trade out  and attempt to upgrade on them. they are clearly the next group in the gun because of over all performances age and time in system and last but not least  they all have chronic deficiencies.

seems most would include post in there as well. me while concerned i actually think hes tracking okay. for sure he needs to take steps next yr.

Offline Crumden

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »
JR if he doesn't,t win the Coleman.  ::)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 11:33:13 PM »
i dont bag em for the heck of it. its purely based on performance time in system  and weaknesses in their game.

white, nahas, mcguane, king, jackson, edwards, and houli and possibly derickx  are all senior players who i would look to trade out  and attempt to upgrade on them. they are clearly the next group in the gun because of over all performances age and time in system and last but not least  they all have chronic deficiencies.

seems most would include post in there as well. me while concerned i actually think hes tracking okay. for sure he needs to take steps next yr.

Sorry Claw but Houli offers a hell of allot more to the side now than post does, have or will. I'm not Houli's biggest fan but he plays his roll and players it better than allot of others. If we can get a kid in that over takes Houli then so be it but at worst he will finish up as a depth player and the day we have to use Houli as depth is the day were well and truly heading toward the top of the ladder. Until then he is entrenched in or best 22, Post isn't and I doubt he ever will be.....

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 01:50:33 AM »
I don't think Claw said Post was better than Houli. The day Houli is entrenched in our best 22 is the day we know we're still a mile off finals. I guess that day is today and every other day Houli has been at this club. Then again if Batchelor misses out on games then we can't be going too bad in our backline??
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:18:25 AM by one-eyed »

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 02:04:27 AM »
I don't think Claw said Post was better than Houli. The day Houli is entrenched in our best 22 is the day we know we're still a mile off finals. I guess that day is today and every other day Hbouli has been at this club. Then again if Batchelor misses out on games then we can't be going too bad in our backline??

Why post this crap? We will make finals with Houli and batchelor
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:19:10 AM by one-eyed »

TigerTimeII

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »
J.O.N TIVENDALE TAMBLING

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 06:11:12 AM »
I'm a little surprised M Deas name hasn't come up yet.
He has been whooped harder than Dunaden in yesterday's Cup by many posters on this forum.
Dea-sgraceful!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”