Author Topic: McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)  (Read 6038 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:35:07 PM »
McGuane to pounce on deal
By Paul Daffey
3:51 PM Tue 23 Oct, 2012

RICHMOND utility Luke McGuane is confident of continuing his career at Punt Rd despite the fact that he remains unsigned, according to his management.

McGuane's manager, Robbie D'Orazio of RCM Sports Management, told AFL.com.au he was confident his client would remain at Tigerland next season.

"He is a required player at Richmond and he will be there next year," he said.

The 25-year-old's future has been in limbo while Richmond sorts through its list requirements.

Ruckman Tom Derickx and key position player Jayden Post are also coming out of contract.

McGuane's future at Punt Rd looked grim when he was unable to break into the Tigers' line-up in the first half of 2012 despite consistent form with Coburg in the VFL.

He finally broke into the team in round 15 against Melbourne, after which his stocks improved.

He played every match for the rest of the season, mostly as a third marking option in attack, with the occasional move back to defence.

He managed a respectable 15 goals during the final nine games, shoring up his value as a depth player.

D'Orazio last month told AFL.com.au that McGuane was close to signing with the Tigers.

"We're expecting to reach an agreement," he said. 

Richmond was unavailable for comment on Tuesday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150125/default.aspx

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »
McGun

Thanks for agreeing Lukey!
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 04:54:08 PM »
"Richmond was unavailable for comment on Tuesday" Have we fled interstate.

the claw

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:44:23 PM »
i have to ask is matt white contracted or uncontracted.
i ask because surely with just 13 talls including chaplin darrou a rookie and mcguane we just cant afford to chop a tall.

we also cant afford to carry 4 limited sml forwards in white, king, nahas, and edwards.  and now with knights on board that makes 5. common sense says we have absolutely no need for at least 2 of them maybe three. talk about the lack of list management at the club. king edwards and knights should be it no need for any more. thats depth enough.

there are gaping holes in the list a total lack of depth with talls ruckmen mids and medium sized flankers.   you can bet your bottom dollar again if just a few injuries happen to the wrong players the season will derailed.
unfortunately luke mcguane is a required player for no other reason than list management  cant say that about white he has to go and we need to address one of the holes with his exit.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
i ask because surely with just 13 talls including chaplin darrou a rookie and mcguane we just cant afford to chop a tall.

we also cant afford to carry 4 limited sml forwards in white, king, nahas, and edwards.  and now with knights on board that makes 5. common sense says we have absolutely no need for at least 2 of them maybe three. talk about the lack of list management at the club. king edwards and knights should be it no need for any more. thats depth enough.

there are gaping holes in the list a total lack of depth with talls ruckmen mids and medium sized flankers.   you can bet your bottom dollar again if just a few injuries happen to the wrong players the season will derailed.
unfortunately luke mcguane is a required player for no other reason than list management  cant say that about white he has to go and we need to address one of the holes with his exit.

Is Knights a limited small forward?

the claw

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »

i hope not. we obviously got him to play as a forward who can rotate thru the midfield.  obviously hes going to spend significant time in our forward line. didnt mean to lump him in with the lmited ones but he will spend significant time forward and as such he makes one of the other 4 redundant.
if he can repeat his 07 08 or 09 he will easily leap frog the other 4 mentioned.
i still believe a kid like max duffy would give us more than the others in a short period of time.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »
Again thanks for choosing us Luke.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 09:28:55 PM »

i hope not. we obviously got him to play as a forward who can rotate thru the midfield.  obviously hes going to spend significant time in our forward line. didnt mean to lump him in with the lmited ones but he will spend significant time forward and as such he makes one of the other 4 redundant.
if he can repeat his 07 08 or 09 he will easily leap frog the other 4 mentioned.
i still believe a kid like max duffy would give us more than the others in a short period of time.
Edwards isn't a limited small forward.

the claw

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »

Edwards isn't a limited small forward.
he certainly isnt a mid. total liability in there. that makes him limited imo.
nahas provides run but nothing else as a mid very ordinary. king well hes been tried as a defender and a mid and failed abysmally at both. imo hes ordinary as a forward as well.
white well he does none of them well hack in the midfielsd  cant play back and does sweet f/a as a forward.
ya know what give me duffy every day of the week even if he didnt play a game. he at least has the tools to work with.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 02:22:51 AM »
I bet he is. Lucky Luke.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:32:17 AM »
actually claw, Edwards has one of the highest effective center clearance rate percentages in the league for players present for over 50 centre bounces.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of an opinion.

Offline Petrov

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland and Mother Russia
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 07:46:34 AM »
I have feeling that this guy will bring much power and success to great richmond
Also many lady here in Russia are impress with his virility
I look foward to see him take field in bright glory next year  :bow

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »
I have feeling that this guy will bring much power and success to great richmond

Petrov, I have to congratulate you on your grasp of the English language. Your extensive vocabulary mixed with broken sentence construction I have not seen since "Viktor the very unattractive man."

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »
How many accounts does Dookie want?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 10:17:09 AM »

Hello brother