Author Topic: McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)  (Read 6033 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Hello brother comrade
Edited for accuaracy.  ;)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »
Hello brother comrade

:clapping

Is it you?
Petrov? Nyet lol. I'm thinking I should change my username now though to get in with this latest fad  :thumbsup :cheers

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 01:27:53 PM »
Hello brother comrade

:clapping

Is it you?
Petrov? Nyet lol. I'm thinking I should change my username now though to get in with this latest fad  :thumbsup :cheers

You do that :clapping
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

gerkin greg

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »
 :chuck

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 10:42:17 PM »
fwd line consisting of mcguane and edwards woah its a dynasty  :shh

the claw

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 11:04:37 PM »
actually claw, Edwards has one of the highest effective center clearance rate percentages in the league for players present for over 50 centre bounces.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of an opinion.
6 yrs of watching this bloke try and play as a mid tells me your stats arent worth jack poo.
he was as good as gone until around round 8 when we played him primarily as a forward. 
ive done this bloke to death im not going to repeat myself but as far as im concerned hes failed abysmally as a mid for reasons ive repeated ad nauseum.
keep your stats they dont mean much. most stats are like that.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »
HK probably has a stat that says McGuane is a good player.

dwaino

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
Only stat that matters to claw 151/98 is size. Must work for Jenny Craig.

the claw

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
fwd line consisting of mcguane and edwards woah its a dynasty  :shh
hmm forward line of

hf/ s edwards - griffiths - knights.
f/  vickery - riewoldt - a edwards

b/ grimes - chaplin - morris
hb/ batchelor  - rance/post  - conca/rance

c/  deledio - martin - grigg
r/ maric - tuck - cotchin

int/  foley - ellis - helbig - pick 9 im praying its jake stringer.

all of a sudden the likes of jackson houli, nahas, newman, king, nomally first 22 become the depth. its got to become this way if we want to move forward.

if there continues to be a place for such ordinary players like white king nahas mcguane jackson etc as starting 22   then you can bet your bottom dollar we will finish about 12th again.  we actually have to change things to get better.
we all know the 22 from this yr is not good enough.

dwaino

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 11:39:47 PM »
Who sets up play from defense, and who plays defensive forward or takes the opposition quarterback in your team there claw? It's why Newman, Houli, and King will be walk up starts. Stop thinking positional play of the previous era and start thinking American Football line running, set pieces and match ups and you'll start to understand why some things are like they are.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 11:52:05 PM »
Quarter back ;D Is Houli our quarter back? Chris Everett

dwaino

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »
Quarter back ;D Is Houli our quarter back? Chris Everett

:laugh: was waiting for you

Newy for sure. Sets up good passing plays and knows when to play a run instead. Houli is more a wide receiver and QB-relief. And while we're on the analogy, King plays DT... Except about 70-80kegs smaller  :lol

the claw

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 12:01:06 AM »
Who sets up play from defense, and who plays defensive forward or takes the opposition quarterback in your team there claw? It's why Newman, Houli, and King will be walk up starts. Stop thinking positional play of the previous era and start thinking American Football line running, set pieces and match ups and you'll start to understand why some things are like they are.
pppfffttt had a look at how geelong set up or collingwood or wce theres no runts lots of height and lots of big bodies every bloody succesful side structres up this way.

why are you people so lazy why dont you learn from what SUCCESFUL sides have done. sydney had 3 193+ defenders, they had another at 188 they had a gritty medium in smith and shaw at 183 provided rebound.

the yr before geelong had scarlett lonergan taylor all ranging from 192 to 195.  mackie normally plays alongside these blokes at 192. enright and hunt are what 1888 and 185 and bloody big bodied to go with it. they used just wojiinski for run.
collingwood had maxwell brown reid all around 195, obrien at 188 and toovey at 191, shaw the main rebounder.
i can go on and on.

grimes as a third tall quick tall agile and a good user. rance as a kpd or even as a rebounder his best assett is his rebound and run. batchelor at 188 is a good user is not slow and can do a mattner.
chaplin is actually criticised for not being defensive enough and provides too much run and not enough accountability.
morris is quick accountable and has shown he can rebound. conca well i dont have to say a thing do i most want him in the midfield me i reckon hes a top noth flanker.

size height strength and run in the back line we have it in just as much quantities  as most premiership sides its just a matter of gettin good systems in place now thats a coaching thing.
lets learn from those who have done well before us.

dwaino

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 12:09:08 AM »
All of those sides had good back flankers (QBs) able to set up, penetrate and break lines. Batchelor is too slow (not a knock, I like him in a stopping role) and Rance's disposal isn't deadly enough - nor is his pace. Your back line was all negating and zero offense. Just like your forward line is too one directional and contains nobody to pressure opposition play makers. Yarran and co would poke holes in that team like Swiss cheese.

This is a two way game now and you need at least half the team to be able to play reverse.