Author Topic: Post Gone  (Read 10552 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Post Gone
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2012, 07:44:03 PM »
intensity is not about being soft.

Every level of football you go up the level of intensty goes up.

Post is obviously happy to play football where he can play in cruise mode and have an impact still.

Good luck to him.
Insightful comment

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2012, 07:58:36 PM »

Post is obviously happy to play football where he can play in cruise mode and have an impact still.

Good luck to him.

Are you serious, guy? Of course the intensity level is higher at AFL level but that's not even the point. Intensity has a lot to do with how you attack the contest, chase, tackle etc. You're telling me Post is now at his level now because you think the intensity is lower? He is going to have stick his head over it at some stage next year with a 100 kilo bloke waiting to smash him. That doesn't change at any level of football you play at. I doubt Posty would have much trouble going back with the flight if he knew it was only Stephen Hill getting ready to put a knee in his back. Post's problem at AFL level was his intensity so how is suddenly going to look like he is a gun? It has everything to do with the fact he will just be a flat out better player than those he is up against. He can get away with being soft at a lower level but that doesn't mean he's not good enough to continue running around in the VFL. Even if he doesn't play with intensity he is still a very talented bloke that would get a game for just about any club in Australia that isn't in the AFL

How is the intensity different from AFL? Is everyone talented but soft in their league?

Another pre-dimma draft mistake. Couldn't believe it when they called out his name and not McKernan's.

I'm not sure it can be classed as a mistake just yet......Post has played twice as many games and you couldn't say McKernan is exactly setting the world on fire ;D
Just goes to show how good a judge both Wallet and I are..... :-[. There is more that could be said about Post and his selection but I am from Altona and won't dance on his AFL grave....Let's just say he is where he belongs and I am not being sarcastic.

WTF is that supposed to mean? Are you saying that Altona is his level of footy?
For a variety of reasons, yes.

Well you must have NFI then (unless you want to reveal these reasons). Anyone who played 30 games of AFL and is good at VFL level is most definitely above local football. Being from his home town doesn't give you any extra knowledge about him as a footballer.
Where have I referenced his ability in relation to his Football level of choice. Stop putting words into my mouth. And BTW I do more than live in the area when it comes to the Altona Football Club.

You said Altona is where he belongs for a variety of reasons. It ain't his level, it's just where he wants play mate. WGAF what you have to do with Altona?
"won't dance on his AFL grave....Let's just say he is where he belongs and I am not being sarcastic." So what was your point with this comment?? If you come back with "I was only pointing out that it's where he belongs because he wants to be there" then you'd be FOS because that isn't dancing on someones grave. So reveal those reasons, Ruanadih

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2012, 08:09:36 PM »
i have never said he was not talented.

strangely enough, we seem to be saying a similar thing just using different language
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2012, 08:13:38 PM »
I don't know what we're arguing about. I'm saying Altona isn't his level. VFL/SANFL/WAFL is his level of footy IMO. Intensity is what stopped him from becoming more at AFL level but he can still get by in other good leagues despite lacking intensity

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »
All need to chillout, good luck to the kid and his future Endeavours whatever they might be...
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Ruanaidh

« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »

Good luck to him.

Are you serious, guy? Of course the intensity level is higher at AFL level but that's not even the point. Intensity has a lot to do with how you attack the contest, chase, tackle etc. You're telling me Post is now at his level now because you think the intensity is lower? He is going to have stick his head over it at some stage next year with a 100 kilo bloke waiting to smash him. That doesn't change at any level of football you play at. I doubt Posty would have much trouble going back with the flight if he knew it was only Stephen Hill getting ready to put a knee in his back. Post's problem at AFL level was his intensity so how is suddenly going to look like he is a gun? It has everything to do with the fact he will just be a flat out better player than those he is up against. He can get away with being soft at a lower level but that doesn't mean he's not good enough to continue running around in the VFL. Even if he doesn't play with intensity he is still a very talented bloke that would get a game for just about any club in Australia that isn't in the AFL

How is the intensity different from AFL? Is everyone talented but soft in their league?

Another pre-dimma draft mistake. Couldn't believe it when they called out his name and not McKernan's.

I'm not sure it can be classed as a mistake just yet......Post has played twice as many games and you couldn't say McKernan is exactly setting the world on fire ;D
Just goes to show how good a judge both Wallet and I are..... :-[. There is more that could be said about Post and his selection but I am from Altona and won't dance on his AFL grave....Let's just say he is where he belongs and I am not being sarcastic.

WTF is that supposed to mean? Are you saying that Altona is his level of footy?
For a variety of reasons, yes.

Well you must have NFI then (unless you want to reveal these reasons). Anyone who played 30 games of AFL and is good at VFL level is most definitely above local football. Being from his home town doesn't give you any extra knowledge about him as a footballer.
Where have I referenced his ability in relation to his Football level of choice. Stop putting words into my mouth. And BTW I do more than live in the area when it comes to the Altona Football Club.

You said Altona is where he belongs for a variety of reasons. It ain't his level, it's just where he wants play mate. WGAF what you have to do with Altona?
"won't dance on his AFL grave....Let's just say he is where he belongs and I am not being sarcastic." So what was your point with this comment?? If you come back with "I was only pointing out that it's where he belongs because he wants to be there" then you'd be FOS because that isn't dancing on someones grave. So reveal those reasons, Ruanadih
Your histrionics are hilarious.. :lol. You say you don't GAF regarding what I may or may not know and then ask me to reveal something that may or may not be there??? What I have said is fairly straight forward and I'm not going to waste my time arguing an 'Antigonish' scenario with you.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
You're clearly uninterested in revealing these "reasons". Probably because you've been called out on your BS and you wouldn't actually have a clue about Posty. LMAO @ your antics in match day threads this year + big noting yourself as some sort of Altona legend. :lol

Gigantor

« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »
Is this thread about Post or the Posters?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
You're clearly uninterested in revealing these "reasons". Probably because you've been called out on your BS and you wouldn't actually have a clue about Posty. LMAO @ your antics in match day threads this year + big noting yourself as some sort of Altona legend. :lol
Now you are just being a immature, keyboard smart-arse.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
Is this thread about Post or the posters?

Ask the guy that does more than just live near the Altona footy club ;D

I'm a smart arse in person as well. You have to admit, you come across like a typical feral with your antics in the match day threads whenever we are losing. Bagging everyone, especially Dimma :lol It's pretty simple dude, you've said something that you're unwilling to back up. Face it and move on or state those reasons.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
Is this thread about Post or the posters?

Ask the guy that does more than just live near the Altona footy club ;D

I'm a smart arse in person as well. You have to admit, you come across like a typical feral with your antics in the match day threads whenever we are losing. Bagging everyone, especially Dimma :lol It's pretty simple dude, you've said something that you're unwilling to back up. Face it and move on or state those reasons.
No!......its the most powerful word in the English language you know......

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
 :wallywink

Ruanaidh

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
Good thread this. I only hope it stays active next year with updates from Altona's answer to Kev Sheedy. :clapping

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »
Why do posters keep saying he had talent? He was extremely ordinary and lacked ticker at AFL level.
Even his form at Coburg was mediocre.

Move on..