Author Topic: St Kilda Sack Jason Gram  (Read 3398 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
St Kilda Sack Jason Gram
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:27:48 PM »
From Twitter

3AW, AFL, Matt thompson amongst others

3AW Melbourne ‏@3AW693

BREAKING: St Kilda Football Club has terminated the playing contract of Jason Gram.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: St Kilda Sack Jason Gram
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »
Gram contract terminated

St Kilda media release

8:21 PM Tue 30 Oct, 2012

Breaking news

ST KILDA has terminated the contract of midfielder Jason Gram.

The club said the decision follows Gram's arrest on Monday night and follows charges laid against him on September 6.

St Kilda said Gram has failed to honour repeated undertakings to the club about his behaviour after the breakdown of a personal relationship.

The club stressed Gram's conduct had been of a non-violent nature.

Gram had a year to run on his contract.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150513/default.aspx

Gigantor

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:47:27 PM »
WP not knowing saints too well..is he one of their guns?

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »

His one of their main play makers who set up off the back line. Got a decent 50m kick.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »

Always played well against the Tigers

This season kicked 2 goals in about 3 minutes to give the Saints the lead

I would've thought with the loss of Goddard he was going to become a more important player for them

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:18:49 PM »
By reports today, i think he has other things to worry about.

Was lucky to get bail from the info i heard.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »
We should grab him.  We badly need a half back, he'd be perfect.  Especially if someone goes down with injury.  Better do a psych test just in case.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »
We should grab him.  We badly need a half back, he'd be perfect.  Especially if someone goes down with injury.  Better do a psych test just in case.

I know after the "incident" with Edwards we probably look like a shelter for the AFL's "misfits" but seriously we are not and shouldn't be

So with that in mind we shouldn't grab him at all.  Not worth it

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
Losing Gram and Goddard would give them salary cap space.
Whether they have any up coming talent they need to pay to keep from leaving is another matter though.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »

Badly need a half back??? Half our team can play half back :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 07:40:27 AM »
Gram given marching orders

October 31, 2012

Michael Gleeson Sports Writer for The Age

NO ONE at St Kilda knew when or if Jason Gram would play for the club again after he was quietly exiled from the club last month after running foul of police.

On Tuesday night, that picture became clearer - Jason Gram will never play for St Kilda again after being sacked by the club.

Coincidentally, the club had already decided 12 hours before his police arrest that it would terminate his contract after a series of lapses in his behaviour.

When police knocked on Gram's door on Monday night, as he sat at home with his housemate, and took him away to the Moorabbin police station and put him in the cells for the night, Gram would have suspected his days as a St Kilda player were over.

He had been warned by coach Scott Watters when he was suspended indefinitely in September that he was on his last chance and that, unless certain standards were met and certain behaviours stopped, he would be sacked.

On Tuesday, when he emerged from the cells and after appearing in Moorabbin Magistrates Court, he attended a meeting with club officials, accompanied by his manager Tom Petroro and AFL Players Association representatives Ian Prendergast and Brett Murphy, where he was told his fate.

Gram was understood to be contracted for about $350,000 to play next year. He is likely to nominate for the national and pre-season drafts in an attempt to find a new club.

Watters had already adopted a tough-love approach with Gram when, last pre-season, he sent him back to the VFL for about a month to improve his fitness.

The decision to sack Gram has reinforced the message emanating from St Kilda that certain standards would not be compromised. It is understood that was the essence of the message Watters gave to all players contacted after Gram's sacking.

"Following the breakdown of a personal relationship, Gram failed to honour repeated undertakings to the club concerning his behaviour," a statement from St Kilda said.

''[The club] has been working with Gram for a number of months on this issue in an attempt to ensure his behaviour appropriately reflected the values shared across the club and to assist with the management of his personal welfare.

"The club recognises that Jason's conduct has been of a non-violent nature."

It is understood St Kilda had been offering Gram and his former partner support and counselling over many months and had vowed to continue to do so.

The club said the AFL had been informed of the situation and supported St Kilda's position.

Gram, 28, played 156 games after making his debut in 2003. He played in all three of the Saints' recent grand finals.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gram-given-marching-orders-20121030-28gun.html#ixzz2Aoi4w2nd

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 08:27:19 AM »

um which ones would those be?  Post?  gone Griffiths?  young Astbury?  young injury prone.  We have recruited specifically for this purpose but no one has been raving about Chaplin, he may turn out good and I hope he does but Gram is pretty damn good insurance if he doesn't.

Personal issues or not he is a pretty good grab.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 08:38:37 AM »

um which ones would those be?  Post?  gone Griffiths?  young Astbury?  young injury prone.  We have recruited specifically for this purpose but no one has been raving about Chaplin, he may turn out good and I hope he does but Gram is pretty damn good insurance if he doesn't.

Every player you've listed is a KP back. Abnd since when has Griffiths been "gone"

Gram is not a KP back he is a flanker which we don't need because we have Houli, Newman, Ellis, Batchelor, Morris and in the past we've also used Deledio, Helbig & Conca

We don't need and hopefully don't want Gram

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »

Every player you've listed is a KP back. Abnd since when has Griffiths been "gone"

Gram is not a KP back he is a flanker which we don't need because we have Houli, Newman, Ellis, Batchelor, Morris and in the past we've also used Deledio, Helbig & Conca

He meant for you to read it like (Post? gone) (Griffiths? young) (Astbury? young)

dwaino

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »

He meant for you to read it like (Post? gone) (Griffiths? young) (Astbury? young)

"Let's eat Grandma!"
"Let's eat, Grandma!"

Remember kids, correct grammar saves lives.