Author Topic: 2012 RFC 128th Annual General Meeting  (Read 4648 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 2012 RFC 128th Annual General Meeting
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »
A pretty non eventful meeting to be honest

Went through the financials. Regarding the operating profit outside of the FTF monies; what Mr RFC_O posted the other day is what was repeated tonight. The club views fundraising as significant part of business operations.

Life membership were awarded to:

Shane Tuck - 150 games
John Kelly - former head trainer (richly deserved for a terrific bloke  :thumbsup)
Gary March.

Dimma gave his view of the year ahead. Introduced the new players except those drafted yesterday who weren't there. The top 5 B&F winners were also there

Questions taken from the floor.

The same bloke from last year asked the same question he asked last year. When will the debt be paid off and how much of it is current and non-current. Answer was if it isn't paid off by the end of 2013 it will definitely be paid off by 2014 and it is current debt.

Someone then asked about VFL games at Punt Road in 2014 what sort of crowds they were hoping for etc . We were told that before being able to play games there the ground needs more work done to bring it up to standard to host games eg opposition change rooms, toilets. They reckon this will cost about another million.

That was about it really
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 11:10:34 PM »
I'd just like to add that I found the informality of the new player introductions a bit irritating. It's really the main reason I attend, and in the past they've always lined up on the podium so you can get a good look at the size of them, and try to memorize their mugs. Tonight they all just turned around sheepishly in their seats for about half a second.
Oh and Mighty Tigers, our mutual friend never ceases to amaze me. As we left the building we were standing at the Punt Road lights when she said she forgot her sunnies and was going back for them. I told her she'd have to go back tomorrow as we were the last out and they'd locked up, and she calmly waggled a set of keys. Forget Gary March, I reckon she really runs the place.  :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 11:35:14 PM »
Rosy?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 11:42:07 PM »
Went through the financials. Regarding the operating profit outside of the FTF monies; what Mr RFC_O posted the other day is what was repeated tonight. The club views fundraising as significant part of business operations.

Hope that they're not relying on TFTF for future profits. Club has to find ways of generating their own money rather than putting their hand out to supporters constantly.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »
Who brought the weed?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2012, 07:22:16 AM »
I'd just like to add that I found the informality of the new player introductions a bit irritating. It's really the main reason I attend, and in the past they've always lined up on the podium so you can get a good look at the size of them, and try to memorize their mugs. Tonight they all just turned around sheepishly in their seats for about half a second.

Well at least we got a sheepish wave of sorts of from a couple of them  ;D

Thought the video was average as well

Actually thought it was a great opportunity to hear from the new Captain as well but no. On stage as the JD medallist for less than a couple of minutes, a round of applause and he and the others were back in their seats

Hope that they're not relying on TFTF for future profits. Club has to find ways of generating their own money rather than putting their hand out to supporters constantly.

Well they will be receiving money from the FTF for a while yet as although there has been $6mil "pledged" the actually money is coming in over time. I also think that when they talk of fundraising they are looking at other things on top of the FTF, what those things are I don't know. Would think the FTF is the base but then other things on top of that

The other thing I found interesting is they said the Wantrina Club turned a good profit this year which is very good news seeing the thing's been a white elephant financially for years

tony_montana

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2012, 08:33:02 AM »
What's changed re the Wantirna club for it to start turning a nice profit?

gerkin greg

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »

gourmet burgers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2012, 09:43:19 AM »
 :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 10:01:42 AM »

gourmet burgers

pay that  :clapping

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2012, 11:01:56 AM »

gourmet burgers

AGM would have been better had you brought the burgers.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »

gourmet burgers

AGM would have been better had you brought the burgers.

You'll learn about WP in time Stig - he's always promising this special chutney but never reveals the recipe.  We're all thinking that the gourmet burgers will be even more mysterious than you yourself!   ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »
As WP revealed ...

Life for Tiger trio
By Tony Greenberg 
richmondfc.com.au
Thu 13 Dec, 2012

Richmond president Gary March, long-serving trainer John Kelly and prolific ball-winner Shane Tuck received life membership of the Club at the 2012 Annual General Meeting held last night (December 12).

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/152408/default.aspx

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »
In further good news from the AGM, Dimma said that Vickery was flying on the training track, and that Dylan Grimes had come up well from his operation. He also said that Vlastuin and Steve Morris had a bit of a punch-up on the training track. I like to see that kind of ferocity, but I hope they've put all that behind them..... 

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »

He also said that Vlastuin and Steve Morris had a bit of a punch-up on the training track. I like to see that kind of ferocity, but I hope they've put all that behind them.....

Excellent!  If Vlastuin in his first few weeks is not scared or overawed to go at it with our hardest nut then that can only be a good thing.  One thing our side can do with with collectively is a bit more mongrel.