Author Topic: 2012 RFC 128th Annual General Meeting  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: 2012 RFC 128th Annual General Meeting
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »

He also said that Vlastuin and Steve Morris had a bit of a punch-up on the training track. I like to see that kind of ferocity, but I hope they've put all that behind them.....

Excellent!  If Vlastuin in his first few weeks is not scared or overawed to go at it with our hardest nut then that can only be a good thing.  One thing our side can do with with collectively is a bit more mongrel.

Vlastuin went head to head with Jacky Riewoldt?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »
 :lol

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 06:34:04 PM »
A pretty non eventful meeting to be honest

Went through the financials. Regarding the operating profit outside of the FTF monies; what Mr RFC_O posted the other day is what was repeated tonight. The club views fundraising as significant part of business operations.

Life membership were awarded to:

Shane Tuck - 150 games
John Kelly - former head trainer (richly deserved for a terrific bloke  :thumbsup)
Gary March.

Dimma gave his view of the year ahead. Introduced the new players except those drafted yesterday who weren't there. The top 5 B&F winners were also there

Questions taken from the floor.

The same bloke from last year asked the same question he asked last year. When will the debt be paid off and how much of it is current and non-current. Answer was if it isn't paid off by the end of 2013 it will definitely be paid off by 2014 and it is current debt.

Someone then asked about VFL games at Punt Road in 2014 what sort of crowds they were hoping for etc . We were told that before being able to play games there the ground needs more work done to bring it up to standard to host games eg opposition change rooms, toilets. They reckon this will cost about another million.

That was about it really

Cheers, so are they planning to do the work required to be able to play VFL games @ PRO ?

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »
im sure the club has other ideas to complement
the FTF.

there is only one Jeanie Pratt in CFC's case.

2014 looks interesting.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »

Cheers, so are they planning to do the work required to be able to play VFL games @ PRO ?

They are but it may not be completed in time for 2014. Gary March said if its not finished by 2014 it will by 2015

And before anyone ask they gave no indication as to where games would played if PRO is not ready
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 10:13:39 AM »
Craigieburn, if Weeble apologises for that poo

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 02:05:25 PM »

They are but it may not be completed in time for 2014. Gary March said if its not finished by 2014 it will by 2015

And before anyone ask they gave no indication as to where games would played if PRO is not ready

yeh is suppose the ground part is only one part of the equation, in this age
OH/S all the facilities will have to be upgraded.
which we entail more costs, i would be surprised if they didnt realise this.

i think 2015 might be a more realistic target unless we have a huge year
on the field which would generate some seroius dollars for the club.

big IF, i know. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 02:28:40 PM »
Someone then asked about VFL games at Punt Road in 2014 what sort of crowds they were hoping for etc . We were told that before being able to play games there the ground needs more work done to bring it up to standard to host games eg opposition change rooms, toilets. They reckon this will cost about another million.
Thanks for that WP. I'm presuming at that cost it'll mean we'll be constructing a new building for the opposition changerooms etc?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »
Thanks for that WP. I'm presuming at that cost it'll mean we'll be constructing a new building for the opposition changerooms etc?

What are we using the Jack Dyer stand for?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2012, 03:47:46 PM »

New Museum

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »
Is Bruce Monteath present?

Good , the stay away campaign obviously worked :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2012, 09:13:18 AM »

New Museum

That's going to be one big museum. We can't get Heritage Victoria to stump up some money to get the stand structurally sound enough to be a fully restored building to house patrons?
And while we are at it, lobby the AFL and Football Victoria to stump up the cash to put some change rooms?
IIRC we had change rooms there many moons ago along with offices, a gym and a boardroom - do we need all of that space for a mueseum.
Make it a football stadium Tigers, have 3rd parties fund or part fund the venture and use it to raise income and improve facilities. Win, Win get it done -  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2012, 09:33:19 AM »
That's going to be one big museum. We can't get Heritage Victoria to stump up some money to get the stand structurally sound enough to be a fully restored building to house patrons?
And while we are at it, lobby the AFL and Football Victoria to stump up the cash to put some change rooms?
IIRC we had change rooms there many moons ago along with offices, a gym and a boardroom - do we need all of that space for a mueseum.
Make it a football stadium Tigers, have 3rd parties fund or part fund the venture and use it to raise income and improve facilities. Win, Win get it done -  ;D

The AFL/Footy Vic (same beast really) have already put in money as part of the original $22 mil upgrade cannot see them putting anymore $$ in and quite frankly (IMO) they shouldn't.

Ditto "other 3rd parties" been there and done that. Unless you are talking about a private company throwing up the funding. All the of funding for the $22mil upgrade bascially camed from 3rd parties = AFL, Fed & State Govts, Melb City Council

RFC have decided to stand alone in the VFL (which I agree with BTW) so it is up to the RFC to get their home ground up to scratch

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
Why don't the opposition get changed and show across the. Road at the cricketers arms ffs??  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2012, 09:50:14 PM »
Why don't the opposition get changed and show across the. Road at the cricketers arms ffs??  :shh

Or the Royal.  Couple of pre-match distractions never hurt anyone.