Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013  (Read 145598 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - round 1, 2013
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »
Malthouse always seems to get the best out of his players regardless of where he coaches. I can see Carlton making the top 4 sadly. I just hope it takes them the first few rounds to get used to his game plan which put them off their game for the Opening Round.

What I can see is us matching them in the middle. For years they have had bigger bodied ball winners in the center which have dominated us and given their forwards every opportunity to score quickly. Players like Morris is crucial to keeping Betts in check but we need another small backman to shut down the likes of Garlett. I'm no convinced players like Houli, Newman, Conca or Ellis can do it  :-\

The new ruck rule will help the taller rucks around the ground but Big Ivan should be able to compete well in the middle. If he can block the run of Hampson to the contest it will negate his extra reach now that wrestling is ruled out. Maric seemed to compete well in the preseason games when the rule was being trialled so I have high hopes.

Vickery needs to play well for us to have an opportunity to win. We just can't rely on Jack to kick a bag even game. I'm also hopeful that A.Edwards can kick a couple and get the defenders guessing. I'm not sure how Knights will contribute but we really just need to split the defenders and we have every opportunity at winning.

They just seem to have the wood over us presently  :'(

dwaino

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »
Looking forward to this one, managed to get 16 tickets to the MCC Members section.. :thumbsup. There is a bunch of us going!!!

:gotigers :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »
Looking forward to this one, managed to get 16 tickets to the MCC Members section.. :thumbsup. There is a bunch of us going!!!

:gotigers :gotigers

:lol :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »
More importantly, which one are you WAT?   ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 02:29:01 PM »
Our list is now better than theirs :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »

The one wearing Yellow and Black of course!!  :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »

NO, the two up the front are Gerks and Coach, I am driving....

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »

But how can you drive a bus and us insane at the same time?  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 03:42:19 PM »

But how can you drive a bus and us insane at the same time?  ;D

It's called multi skilled!!

Love to chat but must go, 4 hour meeting next then gone tomorrow, love you all, bye.. ;D ;)

"Rucks:

Ox

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
Mick v Damien.

dwaino

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/pre-season-2013.976263/page-16

reading through that crock makes me want to smash those pompous pricks even more. They're even worse than bummer fans this year. No upgrades to their list and they expect to coast the season.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 06:07:59 PM »

reading through that crock makes me want to smash those pompous pricks even more. They're even worse than bummer fans this year. No upgrades to their list and they expect to coast the season.

They're morons. We'll belt em :D Their list sucks after the strong midfield.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »

They're morons. We'll belt em :D Their list sucks after the strong midfield.

We match them pound for pound in the midfield anyway. Stuff em. Hope we give them a hiding. Sick of their smug crap.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 07:53:53 PM »

It's an abomination that they are using AC/DC to promote themselves. Angus, Malcolm, Phil, Mark then Cliff .... And most of all Bon would be disgusted. 
..... Not Happy!  :banghead

They should be using Buck's Fizz or Bay city rollers in any promotional video they do.

We better smash em round 1.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 08:15:21 PM »
Malthouse always seems to get the best out of his players regardless of where he coaches. I can see Carlton making the top 4 sadly. I just hope it takes them the first few rounds to get used to his game plan which put them off their game for the Opening Round.

What I can see is us matching them in the middle. For years they have had bigger bodied ball winners in the center which have dominated us and given their forwards every opportunity to score quickly. Players like Morris is crucial to keeping Betts in check but we need another small backman to shut down the likes of Garlett. I'm no convinced players like Houli, Newman, Conca or Ellis can do it  :-\

The new ruck rule will help the taller rucks around the ground but Big Ivan should be able to compete well in the middle. If he can block the run of Hampson to the contest it will negate his extra reach now that wrestling is ruled out. Maric seemed to compete well in the preseason games when the rule was being trialled so I have high hopes.

Vickery needs to play well for us to have an opportunity to win. We just can't rely on Jack to kick a bag even game. I'm also hopeful that A.Edwards can kick a couple and get the defenders guessing. I'm not sure how Knights will contribute but we really just need to split the defenders and we have every opportunity at winning.

They just seem to have the wood over us presently  :'(
Stop Eddie Betts? It's very very very easy......Run straight through him & make sure he doesn't get up. Legally ofcoarse.  :whistle
Scotty Turner style 1995 semi vs bombers and Johnny Howat style in 1996 vs Barnes.  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.