Author Topic: Richmond vs Indigenous All-Stars in Alice Springs/ Community Camp Feb 6-7  (Read 13820 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Indigenous All-Stars in Alice Springs/ Community Camp Feb 6-7
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »
i wonder if Misfid is mentoring Dale Garlett?.......................

Wouldn't be surprised.  I've got no time for him after his grubby role in the Matt Rendell saga.

Never stuffed up Smokey?

Of course I have, silly comment.  As Al said, Mifsud's role in the Rendall saga wasn't a stuff up, it was a testament to his character and I don't particularly like that character.  And if it was a stuff up then he should have had sufficient strength of character to apologise to Rendell, not hang him out to dry to protect his own arse.  Grubby.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 12:58:04 PM »
Tourism NT has an offer to visit Alice Springs while the Tigers are in town.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Richmond/Files/Tourism%20NT%20offer.pdf

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
Richmond FC ‏@Richmond_FC twitter:

Thinking of heading to The Alice for our game against the All-Stars? @AFLNT have packages available:

http://www.aflnt.com.au/index.php?id=260

Rampstar

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 04:14:34 PM »
Will they show this on Fox Footy?

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 04:30:23 PM »

Still finding that out

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »
i wonder if Misfid is mentoring Dale Garlett?.......................

Wouldn't be surprised.  I've got no time for him after his grubby role in the Matt Rendell saga.

Never stuffed up Smokey?

Of course I have, silly comment.  As Al said, Mifsud's role in the Rendall saga wasn't a stuff up, it was a testament to his character and I don't particularly like that character.  And if it was a stuff up then he should have had sufficient strength of character to apologise to Rendell, not hang him out to dry to protect his own arse.  Grubby.

Personally, unless you have a source to back up any of what has been posted - none of this is anything other than speculation Smokes.
How do you know whether he apologised or not?
He certainly isn't beholden to the public to apologise - just Rendell.

Making a mistake doesn't necessarily constitute a "testimony to ones character" it might be a cock up.
Either way, he's learnt his lesson because we haven't heard boo from him since.

The way the media handled the story was the real testimony to character - 1st they lynch Rendell and them they turn on Midsud!
Cretins.
And to think people fall for any of it!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »
a week after rendall had stood down/been sacked misfud did an interview for the mangarook footy show. early on he said he felt uncomfortable in the meeting ( with rendell) and that he always stood against racial stereotyping.

yet how did he handle it at the time. did he discuss it with rendell, someone he regarded as a friend up that point?
no said nothing to his face but ran off to the media behind his back. He even even said in this interview that he was unsure whether rendell was still a friend of his.

so a week later, after carefull consideration he still had not changed his tune, so why would we think anything changed since then.

even if he has, In such a high profile public shipstorm, if you came to the conclusion you were wrong, then any admission/ apology should also be public, after all he took the original private conversation public.

grubby turd.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 02:21:13 AM »

Still finding that out
I'd be surprised if it isn't as FoxSports twitter were one of the ones who publicly released the details of the game back in December.

‏@FoxSportsAFL - "Indigenous All Stars will play Richmond Football Club on Friday February 8 at Traegar Park in Alice Springs. #AFL #FSFOOTY"

https://twitter.com/FoxSportsAFL/status/279412317941268480
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 05:56:54 AM »
a week after rendall had stood down/been sacked misfud did an interview for the mangarook footy show. early on he said he felt uncomfortable in the meeting ( with rendell) and that he always stood against racial stereotyping.

yet how did he handle it at the time. did he discuss it with rendell, someone he regarded as a friend up that point?
no said nothing to his face but ran off to the media behind his back. He even even said in this interview that he was unsure whether rendell was still a friend of his.

so a week later, after carefull consideration he still had not changed his tune, so why would we think anything changed since then.

even if he has, In such a high profile public shipstorm, if you came to the conclusion you were wrong, then any admission/ apology should also be public, after all he took the original private conversation public.

grubby turd.

Sounds like a bad week for Mifsud. We have all had them Al.
It's sad when people judge one bad week.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 08:19:56 AM »

A bad week ...try a bad month. Original private conversation with Rendall happened in Jan and he went to public about said private conversation more than a month later in newspaper interview no less, that was when the AFL found out about it. If Mifsud was so offended by what was said why didn't he do something straight away?

Matt Rendell was judged & executed by being booted out of his job because he voiced an opinion/concern to a friend - one bad day. Mifsud's punishment was being protected for his stupidity and questionable ethics by the AFL and Andy D (he made an error of judgement said Andy D)

Let's not forget he (Mifsus) had another "bad week" with that the fiasco at Melb and the "alledged" way indigenous players were being treated differently

Sorry but I agree with al 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:00:16 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 08:52:25 AM »

A bad week ...try a bad month. Original private conversation with Rendall happened in Jan and he went to public about said private conversation more than a month later in newspaper interview no less, that was when the AFL found out about it. If Mifsud was so offended by what was said why didn't he do something straight away?

Matt Rendell was judged & executed by being booted out of his job because he voiced an opinion/concern to a friend - one bad day. Mifsud's punishment was being protected for his stupidity and questionable ethics by the AFL and Andy D (he made an error of judgement said Andy D)

Let's not forget he (Mifsus) had another "bad week" with that the fiasco at Melb and the "alledged" way indigenous players were being treated differently

Sorry but I agree with al

You cannot pin the Melbourne fiasco on Mifsud, he reporting what a player told him.
How do you know Mifsud "sat on" Rendells comment for a month.

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:01:12 PM by WilliamPowell »
It's that simple Spud

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 09:24:09 AM »
i get the impression you have some connection to misfud Y&B.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »

Personally, unless you have a source to back up any of what has been posted - none of this is anything other than speculation Smokes.
How do you know whether he apologised or not?
He certainly isn't beholden to the public to apologise - just Rendell.

Making a mistake doesn't necessarily constitute a "testimony to ones character" it might be a cock up.
Either way, he's learnt his lesson because we haven't heard boo from him since.

The way the media handled the story was the real testimony to character - 1st they lynch Rendell and them they turn on Midsud!
Cretins.
And to think people fall for any of it!

Quoting just a couple of the press articles at the time:

Circa 16 Mar - Rendell resigns
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/03/16/crows-recruiter-resigns-over-race-row/

Circa 21 Mar - Rendell does an interview on Footy Classified
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mifsud-deeply-offended-20120320-1vi0y.html

Circa 22 Mar - Mifsud does an interview on Marngrook
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/mifsud-to-take-rendell-racism-furore-to-television-20120321-1vkbu.html
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/mifsud-to-talk-about-rendell-issue/story-e6frexyr-1226307020901

Circa 28 Mar - Independant comments appear casting doubt on Mifsud's actions
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/matt-rendell-was-hung-out-to-dry-in-afl-white-wash/story-e6frfhqf-1226311758450

Circa 4 Apr - Mifsud is in hot water for leaking rumours to the press
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jason-mifsuds-scandal-will-not-open-door-for-former-crows-national-recruiting-manager-matt-rendell/story-e6frf33l-1226318411231#.UPaZXJH8u5I
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/04/05/can-mifsud-be-trusted-anymore/

All of these links are a sample of what Google threw up so even though I don't have my own source and even though I have a very very healthy distrust of the media, there is too much of a common thread throughout this whole issue/period for a fair whack of it not to be accurate.

Mifsud was the one who made it public initially (then repeated this method of 'judgment call' on an unrelated matter a few weeks later), not Rendell, so if he felt an apology was necessary then he had no alternative but to apologise publicly - anything less is grubby.  I'm sure you wouldn't be happy with being publicly 'outed' about something you said in a private meeting, or that was inaccurate or misinterpreted but only being apologised to in private after publicly losing your job and your credibility in the industry that employs you.

IF he made a mistake...then making the mistake was not the testimony to Mifsud's character - his inability to publicly address the public mistake he made was.

Learned his lesson or crapped himself because his well paid job is suddenly on the line and has crawled back under the rock he appeared from?  I don't know the guy but I recognise the signs and the signs say to me "grubby".

But I do agree with you about the media and their role.  FWIW, I reckon they got a sniff, saw a weak member of the herd (Mifsud) and went for the kill.  He was just a weak grub who fed them.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 02:01:41 PM »
i get the impression you have some connection to misfud Y&B.

I don't and in fact felt the same way as yourselves at the time - upon reflection what disturbed me about the whole story was he fact he has basically been clean of trouble pre and post "Rendell-gate" has largely been a positive in his role so I kinda got the feeling he got lynched in the media a little and then just stuffed up on Marngrook in that interview.
I truly believe he has probably apologised in private to Rendell but was told by his employer to get a low profile until the dust settled which is why it wasn't public.
So the words "silly", "ill advised" and perhaps "naive" spring to mind but I reckon grubby is unfair.
The AFL employs him and that wage pays his family bills - he's just done what he has Ben told., Rendell gets "sacked" by Adelaide and then surprise surprise Rendell gets another job a few months later.
If anything is grubby it is the AFL leadership of the whole saga.
They complicated the issue and it snowballed unnecessarily.
It's that simple Spud

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
Fair enough Y&B, I can live with that explanation.   :thumbsup