Author Topic: Richmond makes record $3 million profit !!!  (Read 9147 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers claw in the cash (Age)
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »
Richmond narrowly missed the finals this year meaning they cannot now fulfil the ambitious plan of "3-0-75", the promise of three finals appearances, zero debt and 75,000 members within five years that they set three years ago.

If we play 3 finals in 2013, doesn't that count as 3 finals appearances?   :huh

I would have thought so Wayne, that was always my understanding of the plan.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond makes record $3 million profit !!!
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »
I love what the club did with that campaign and it's paying dividends already.

Membership is flying.
Alot I know have already upgraded to MRSC for next year so I reckon that 3 mill profit will be surpassed next year and the club will be in the black.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 11:30:37 AM »
Have the AFL handouts been included in this?
Go Tigers!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
Don't Worry folks, We are now in very good hands financially  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Have a copy of the full financials

Just reading them now; all 30 odd pages

;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:07:53 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »
Time for a complete de brief wp ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 08:08:26 PM »
Time for a complete de brief wp ::)

Nope

Dont want to bore people  ::) ::)

Gigantor

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »
WP give us the ' accounting for dummies version'..I have been hanging all night for the WP analysis so come on son spit it out..lol

tony_montana

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 10:02:33 PM »
+1. Would love to hear a dumbed down version WP, much obliged

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »
OK I will keep it simple  ;D

Firstly it is a very good result. Anytime you make a profit is a positive. The strengthening of the balance sheet is another positive.

I mentioned last year that some folks would look at the fact that our current liabilities -v- current asset ratios is not great and although I understand the argument I didn't necessarily subscribe to it. What is pleasing with this years numbers is although our current Liabilities ($6.7mil) are still greater than our current assets ($4.0mil) the gap between the 2 has reduced significantly in 12 months thanks to the reduction in debt and the write back of the onerous Contract re the Wantrina Club.

Regarding the new gaming machine licences these are recorded on the BS as an Intangible Assets and it will interesting to see over time what the long term impact of this "investment" has on the operation at Wantrina in regards to its profitablilty

On the P&L side of things pleasing is the fact that our our revenues have increased by over $3 mil  without any Govt grants this year. The impact of the FTF is known at $3mil but considering last years revenue figure included the same amount in FTF contributions I think a case can be mounted for saying the extra $3.3mil has been generated from operations. Unfortunately as it stands the full financials dont shed any light on this

Now for the bit that isn't addressed in the accounts and it has been asked by a few people here and that is what is our operating profit excluding the FTF monies. It is an important question for a number of reasons but more so from point of view because the Club made the effort last year of highlighting this number

From the 2011 Treasurers report 

"In what have been sustained difficult economic conditions, it is pleasing to report that the consolidated entity has recorded a net profit of $2,752,801 (2010: $2,846,065).

The club has also recorded a profit from purely trading operations (before gaming, fundraising, government grants and associated interest income) of $51,000 (2010: $431,000), which reflects the significant increase in investment in football department expenditure in the current year.
"

I just think it is important we are told this number, it is relevant because I would think at some point the monies generated from the FTF are going to decrease and it's important that as a business we are able to perform profitably without this income

As it stands at the moment the 2012 Treasurers report isn't available so it would be unfair to be too critical about this point right now. Hopefully it will be available soon and the question will be answered one way or another

But when it is all said and one the result is a good one and one which the entire Club and it's members should be proud of

Any questions fire away

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 05:13:14 AM »
I'm guessing the Club will argue that while the FTF money is a 'one-off' (at least as far as it being in the millions), what the FTF money is being spent on are also 'one-offs'. We won't be resurfacing and realigning Punt Rd Oval again and beyond 2014 we won't be paying down debt as it'll be all repaid by then. So expenditure should be less to counter in some way any fall in FTF revenue this time next year.

WP, maybe that 'sponsorship revenue' relates to major sponsorships on the jumper and shorts from Jeep, Bingle and Harvery Norman?

Perhaps  :huh
Going by what Benny Gale says in the Fighting Tiger magazine, it appears this 'sponsorship revenue' is related to monies received from our major sponsors and partners.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2012, 05:19:51 AM »
See previous comments!

$3mil profit with $1.5 mil debt reduced and significant contribution to redevelop PRO.

Whichever way you want to look at it and prattle on with diatribe, it's a very good result that even without the FTF money once the debt is wiped and we don't have the one off expenses like PRO, is a sustainable result with continued improvement on field.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2012, 07:40:30 AM »
See previous comments!

$3mil profit with $1.5 mil debt reduced and significant contribution to redevelop PRO.

Whichever way you want to look at it and prattle on with diatribe, it's a very good result that even without the FTF money once the debt is wiped and we don't have the one off expenses like PRO, is a sustainable result with continued improvement on field.

Did you read my last comment?  ::) ::)

I said this:

"But when it is all said and one the result is a good one and one which the entire Club and it's members should be proud of"

I have given them credit.

As for diatribe  :-\

But in 2011 the CLub set the precedent regarding highlighting profit from operations only this year they haven't. If we want to truly compare apples with apples then they should disclose this info because from a purely business perspective it is important that's all I am saying.

And for the final time although it seems you are unwilling to accept or understand it because it doesn't suit your argument but any costs related to the development of PRO is not an expense and has no impact on profit!

I'm guessing the Club will argue that while the FTF money is a 'one-off' (at least as far as it being in the millions), what the FTF money is being spent on are also 'one-offs'. We won't be resurfacing and realigning Punt Rd Oval again and beyond 2014 we won't be paying down debt as it'll be all repaid by then. So expenditure should be less to counter in some way any fall in FTF revenue this time next year.

But I suppse that's part of the issue isn't it? The FTF isn't a one off nor are some of the things it is being used for one offs (eg increased spending in footy, which will also continue).

It isn't accounted for as a one off and it is continuing it seems indefintely which is fine. But at some point the well is gong to dry up hence why I reckon it is important to know how much of this years $3mil is attributable to the FTF.

Offline hammo1976

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »
 :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow GRETA WORK TIGERS THINGS ARE FINALLY REALLY STARTING TO LOOK UP OF FIELD AND ON...

HUGE YEAR FOR US MEMBERSHIPS COULD REACH A HIGH AND WILL MAKE THE 8

GO U TIGERS

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
Carlton made a $683k loss  :rollin.

$650k off it due to sacking and paying out Ratten.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/richmond-posts-3-million-profit-for-2011-12/story-e6frf9jf-1226516442343

2012 AFL CLUB FINANCIAL RESULTS

Richmond: $3,017,742 profit

Hawthorn: $2,023,720 profit

North Melbourne: $1,193,080 operating profit

Carlton:  $683,799 loss