Author Topic: Richmond makes record $3 million profit !!!  (Read 10263 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond makes record $3 million profit !!!
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »
North Melbourne: $1,193,080 operating profit

Kangas made a profit???
How can this be?

Same way as us I think, fundraising from members.

Plus a million plus handout from the AFL  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »

Kangas made a profit???
How can this be?

Same way as us I think, fundraising from members.

Plus a million plus handout from the AFL  ;D

that mob are always cooking the books. :lol

Gigantor

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 07:01:25 PM »
WP i wanted to ask you since you have read the financial reports of the club whether theres anything in it which focuses on the long term financial viability of the club.By that i mean other income streams other than pokies or maybe more pokies,It sort of concerns me that the club maybe rely too much on things like membership,the fighting tiger fund,and sponsorship,which can really fluctuate up and down from year to year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 07:08:19 PM »
Bulldogs no surprise made a loss ...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/essendon-profit-set-to-vanish-into-25-million-melbourne-airport-training-base/story-e6frf9jf-1226516442343

2012 AFL CLUB FINANCIAL RESULTS

Richmond: $3,017,742 profit

Hawthorn: $2,023,720 profit

Essendon:  $401,429 profit

Bulldogs:   $136,679 operating loss

Carlton:     $683,799 loss

Brisbane:  $2,513,262 net operating loss

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
Bulldogs no surprise made a loss ...

Despite receiving a $1mil make that $2.9mil handout from the AFL  :-\

ED: Have just had a quick look at the Bulldogs annual accounts. Kudos to them they are very open with their info. Wish the RFC took this approach, I appreciate they don't have too but gee it would be nice if they did. Would enable answers to a lot more questions

Anyway the $2.9mil was the Doggies contribution from the AFL "Futures Fund", which is a fund we are supposed to getting funding from over IIRC a 3 year period. I didn't think it started until 2013 but it appears distributions from it started this season. I wonder if the RFC rec'd anything this year?

If we've rec'd funding from it this year it would be good to know how much it was but at the same time it automatically raises even more questions about our result  :-\ ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:22:56 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2012, 07:37:44 PM »
WP i wanted to ask you since you have read the financial reports of the club whether theres anything in it which focuses on the long term financial viability of the club.By that i mean other income streams other than pokies or maybe more pokies,It sort of concerns me that the club maybe rely too much on things like membership,the fighting tiger fund,and sponsorship,which can really fluctuate up and down from year to year

Answer to your question Gigantor is No. The full financials are just detailed numbers. There isn't any commentary on financila plans for the future. That sort of stuff should be in the Treasurer's, President's & CEO reports.

But seeing no one seems willing to answer the question about our operating profit excluding the FTF monies I am not holding my breath that the above mentioned reports will tell us that much either. Maybe questions for the AGM in a couple of weeks  ;D  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 03:30:59 AM »
President's Report
Gary March
November 2012

In 2012, the Club again made significant improvement, both off and on the field.

Off‐field, the Club recorded a net surplus of $3,017,742 for the financial year ending October 31, 2012. The Club has now recorded profits for the past eight consecutive years and this year’s result reflects the strength in core trading activities.

In reporting the operating surplus, the Club confirmed it had also reduced its debt by in excess of $1.5 million, to $1.97 million. The Club has now reduced its debt by more than $2.5 million over the past two years. The Club’s net asset position also improved from $16.05 million to $19.07 million.

Some of the key highlights, which have contributed to strong revenue and profit growth, include the following:
∙ Record membership revenue of $5.305m, representing 53,072 members
∙ Record sponsorship income of $3.452m
∙ Significant improvement in our operations at the Wantirna Club
∙ Finalised pledges of $6 million to the Fighting Tiger Fund (FTF)

It is important to note that of the $6 million pledged to the FTF, $4.25 million has flowed through to the Club’s operating results over the past two years. The balance of $1.75 million pledged will be received by the Club in coming years, in line with payment arrangements made with some major contributors. As noted in previous correspondence, FTF contributions are being split between debt reduction and investment in football.

Although the overall result is very pleasing, a lot of hard work is still ahead of the Club.

We have recorded a significant surplus, which has been built on the wonderful support of our loyal members and supporters, business partners, and a committed board and administration.

We knew it would require a united effort to build the foundations for success, and never more evident has that been, than in the past two years. I should particularly thank those who provided
such outstanding support to the Fighting Tiger Fund.

As we reflect on a very positive 12 months, nobody is under any illusion that there is still much more to do. We still have debt to clear and we need to continue to build the Club’s financial resources, so we can support our football requirements into the future. I can assure you that we will be relentless in the pursuit of this goal.

While we didn’t play finals’ football, the improvement in our young side was there for all to see. We won two more games than we did in 2011 and improved our percentage by 25%. Over the past two seasons, we have become a significantly more competitive team.

This improvement has been the result of a clear plan and significantly increased investment in football. We expect that to deliver further improvement next season and beyond.

We have been strategic in our approach to list management through the draft, trade period and free agency. At the same time, our football department is now better resourced than it has ever been.

Our players will shortly have a state‐of‐the art surface on which to train, new cutting‐edge equipment and technology has been purchased, we have enhanced coaching and recruiting
structures, and we will have a stand‐ alone team in the VFL competition in 2014.

The challenge now is for the Club to grab the opportunity that has been created.

Appreciation

In closing, I would again like to sincerely thank the following organisations, groups and individuals for their wonderful support of the Club throughout 2012.
* Our joint major partners, Jeep Australia and Bingle, and the naming‐rights partner of our Punt Road Oval administration and training facility, ME Bank.
* Our Gold and Platinum partners ‐ Harvey Norman, KooGa, Lite n’ Easy, HOSTPLUS, Signet, Australian Power & Gas, Kuhmo Tyres, Coca‐Cola, Luxbet.com, James Richardson Group and
the Herald and Weekly Times.
*  Our official providers ‐ Caydon, Peter Lehmann Wines, Club Warehouse, Musashi, XBlades, Brooks, Skins.
* Our community sponsor Dick Smith, who work with the Club to deliver the Technology in the Territory program in Central Australia.
* The members of Jack’s Club, Legends Club, Richmond Executive and our player sponsors.
* The Tommy Hafey Club, Tiger Lilies, the Former Players and Officials Association, the RFC History and Tradition Group, our many country supporter groups and Club 80.
* Our passionate, loud and proud Cheer Squad.
* My fellow Board members, along with the Club’s managers, coaches, players and staff.
* All our volunteers and helpers behind the scenes.
* Finally, but most importantly, to each Richmond member, thanks for your outstanding commitment to the Club.

I wish you, and all your families, a very happy Christmas and New Year, and look forward to seeing you – and hearing that mighty Tiger roar – at our games throughout the 2013 season.

Gary March
RFC President

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 03:35:33 AM »
Finance Report
Rob Dalton
November 2012

On behalf of the Board I have great pleasure in presenting the financial report of the club for the year ended 31 October 2012.

FINANCIAL RESULTS

The club has reported an operating profit of $3,017,742 for the year ended 31 October 2012 (2011: $2,752,801). After adjusting for non cash depreciation and amortisation charges of $918,249, the clubs cash earnings for the year were $3,935,991. In what has been a sustained difficult economic environment, this financial result is outstanding, and a result that all stakeholders should be proud of.

The club has now recorded profits for the past eight consecutive years and this year’s result reflects the strength in our core trading activities.

Despite a lack of on field success, the results over the last eight years reflect a strong vision, excellent management execution, and the strength and loyalty of our supporter base, which is the envy of the AFL competition.

Some of the key highlights which have contributed to our strong revenue and profit growth include the following:
· Record membership revenue of $5.305m (2011: $4.473m) representing 53,072 members (2011: 47,902)
· Record sponsorship income of $3.452m (2011: $2.768m)
· Significant improvement in our operations at the Wantirna Club
· Merchandise Income of $610,000 (2011: $417,000)
· Fundraising Income of $1.675m (2011: $1.516m)

The club now boasts a sustainable, profitable operating model with an outstanding team of executives and staff and we are very optimistic about the future possibilities given the strong base which has been built over the last few years.

FINANCIAL POSITION

The board has continued to communicate to members a clear direction to create a sustainable financial position for the club. This has meant a responsible financial program of debt repayment whilst at the same time continuing to invest in football operations. The Board and Management are clear that the strategy is enabling us to bridge the gap with other clubs and provide the best opportunity for on field success. In 2012 we have taken a huge step forward in achieving our objective of eliminating our core debt and improving our net asset position.

As at 31 October 2012:
· The club has a Net Asset Position of $19,065,807 (2011: $16,048,065). In 2005 our financial statements reflected the Club had a Net Asset Deficiency of $704,000. This has been an amazing effort by so many people to secure the financial future of the Richmond Football Club.
· 2012 also saw the Clubs debt reduce from $3.5m in 2011 to $1.97m Debt reduction has been a significant focus for the Board, and we have now seen external debt reduce from over $5m in 2006 to $1.97m in 2012. With a strong on field performance in 2013, the Board and Management are confident we will again make strong in roads into further debt reduction.
· It is also important to note that our short term payables and creditors are covered by our liquid assets such as cash and receivables, demonstrating that our working capital management is strong.

In 2010 the Club launched a Strategic Plan covering a five year period (2010 to 2014). Significantly we are achieving the financial goals stated within this plan as they related to the 2010 to 2012 financial years.

This year, the collective efforts of many Richmond people have also enabled the Club to reconstruct our Punt Road Oval playing surface. This project once completed will be a significant advantage in the preparation of players.

This year’s net profit result again reaffirms the Board and management’s commitment to our financial plans, and the governance principles that were established to support our operations.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this result through membership, donations, purchasing merchandise and through the Fighting Tiger Fund. There is still a long way to go, and I look forward to all Richmond people continuing to join together in 2013 and ensuring our financial future and success.

Rob Dalton
Finance Director

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
PORT Adelaide has blamed a staggering $4.12m operating loss largely on continued on-field underperformance.

The loss, which was eased by a $2m payment from the SANFL, was "feared" by CEO Keith Thomas after a disastrous 2011 season in which the side finished second last and $3.16m in the red. Thomas said that poor results on the field for a second consecutive season heavily impacted the club's financial situation.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151896/default.aspx

2012 AFL CLUB FINANCIAL RESULTS

Richmond: $3,017,742 profit

Hawthorn: $2,023,720 profit

Essendon:  $401,429 profit

Bulldogs:   $136,679 operating loss

Carlton:     $683,799 loss

Brisbane:  $2,513,262 net operating loss

Port Adelaide: $4,120,000 operating loss

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
trend in that interstate clubs like Port and Lions
and the 2 new ones will be struggle street clubs
unless successful, even then its guarantee look
at the Lions.

i expect them to go hand in cap soon.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 09:29:24 AM »
Kochie has his work cut out for him at Poort  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »
Kochie has already significantly increased the size of ports supporter base, adding Amanda vandstone to the board

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
Kochie has already significantly increased the size of ports supporter base, adding Amanda vandstone to the board

Is she still around ? :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »
oh yeah, she is still a round person, a very round person
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
oh yeah, she is still a round person, a very round person

Well played bruz
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH