Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 192272 times)

the claw

Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
A real smokey this kid, the wc had massive wraps on him , and they dont get too many wrong just quietly, especially locals :shh
yeah wce had him pencilled in at 46. he was to be the obvious replacement for when mitch brown leaves next yr or when glass retires which he has spoken of a few times the last couple yrs.. they obviously see him as a defender.

pardon me for continuing to be a bit cynical about him being a mid. not saying he wont become one or he doesnt have some of the attributes needed to be become one but you need more than just endurance to be a mid. im not saying   he was a bad pick either  on talent.  i like him as a defender and a worthy pick at 31.

imo theres a differnce between saying we took a genuine mid and we took a kid we hope we can turn into a kid  if we were chasing a genuine mid with this pick then we got it wrong imo.

we took griifiths as a ff and hes wasted down back doing very little other than show glimpses of his ability.
we took post as a key defender and hes was played everywhere doing nothing for his development
we took astbury as a hit up chf and now want him to be a defender and that after he showed his best as a forward.
we took vickery as an outstanding ruck prospect and now he plays almost excluively as a forward hes not looking like a ruckman. not a #1 ruckman anyway.

so much for development eh or even judging them properly. we have a history imo of trying to turn players into something they are not.
we now have another tall player in mcintosh who is very much a tall defender and they want to buck the obvious again and try and turn him into a mid.

Then Claw tell my why you said this to me a couple of weeks ago when I suggested that McIntosh was an ideal replacement for the injured Grimes??

Time to fast track Mcintosh.
but hes a mid isnt he. ::)

reckon with this scenario we need to take a mature key defender in the rookie draft or psd. kyle hartigan please.
juat a little tounge in cheek with a dash of sarcasm.
people saying fast track him as a defender and i thought that a bit rich after all the club did say we took him as a mid.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »
Geez, i recall them saying he was a defender who in time may push into the midfield due to his attributes

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
Geez, i recall them saying he was a defender who in time may push into the midfield due to his attributes

Thats what i heard and there was also mention of how he had played up forward as well.  He's a genuine utility in my eyes

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »
46. West Coast

West Coast may lost Brown next year and could stand to add another tall defender to their ranks. McIntosh is a local guy with some potential in him.

Kamdyn McIntosh
DOB: 3/4/94 Ht: 192 Wt: 78

I originally had McIntosh a fair bit higher than this based on potential but when push came to shove I couldn’t do it. The old eyeball test said he belonged in the third round and that’s where I have taken him. He has a name as a shut-down key position but at the next level I see him more as a third tall / running utility. He did not have good games in the televised games at the Champs but in the other game against Qld I thought he did pretty well.

After the Champs, McIntosh started to put together some really nice games and finished the year with four senior games where he averaged 18 possessions per game. He was given greater licence to get up the field in senior company and showed some ability. He had a very nice 23 possession and 8 mark game in week 21 which I am sure a few recruiters noticed. The ability to not only finish the year strongly but to step up to senior level and actually look a better prospect I think will have teams’ attentions.

What teams would also have liked was his performance at the Combine. I am sure most would have been aware of his elite endurance capabilities but it is always good to perform when the pressure was on and McIntosh delivered with 4th in the 3km and 9th in the beep. He also managed 7th in the kicking test which is a nice result for a guy who is nominally a KPD. At 192cm and with a slim build it is probably unlikely that he will be a KPD at AFL level. His running ability though demonstrates some ability play other running roles and if his kicking is good so much the better.

At the Champs I thought his kicking was good and he regularly brought out a nice flat kick. He probably didn’t get it as much as you would like but when he did he showed reasonable decision making and execution. He tended to look to kick most often with the handball only brought out as a last resort. His handballing was usually under pressure and in those situations he looked pretty scrappy. With the ball in hand and under a lot of pressure he tended to panic a bit.

McIntosh is a relative newcomer to higher level AFL coming from a soccer background. He has moved around between positions a fair bit spending time up forward and through the middle of the ground before settling into defense this year. He has shown good development over the last couple of years and there was definite improvement between the beginning and the end of the year. There is no reason to think that there is not considerable development left in him.

He played on bigs and smalls at the Champs and had some problems with both to tell the truth. He was outsmarted a few times by smalls and was outmarked by KPFs with superior size and strength to himself. He is a pretty good mark of the ball himself but against guys who were quite a bit bigger than himself he gave up a few goals from marks. For the AFL he needs to get stronger and needs to learn to use his body better and not get caught out of position on the spoil. With the ball on the ground he is a little hit and miss. Sometimes he can be really clean and look great whilst at others he will fumble a few times in a row. I probably haven’t seen him enough to make a call on which is more indicative of his play usually.

McIntosh is currently working in a bottlo 4 days a week and doing a bit of early morning work as well. You have to think this would give him a fair bit of perspective and motivate him to make the most of any AFL opportunity that comes his way. As I mentioned above I see him as a third tall type possibly moving up onto the wing where his run and height could be a real asset to his team. His skills are neat and he has shown an ability to step up in class. I would have no problem giving him a go if I was picking from about 40 onwards.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/quigleys-2012-mock.980920/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 08:23:40 PM »
RFC twitter:

"Darren_Parkin spoke to young @Richmond_FC star Kamdyn McIntosh. You can hear it on @SENfooty tonight at 9 on Sports Overdrive @AllNightApp #afl"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 09:11:43 PM »
RFC twitter:

"Darren_Parkin spoke to young @Richmond_FC star Kamdyn McIntosh. You can hear it on @SENfooty tonight at 9 on Sports Overdrive @AllNightApp #afl"

On now
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »
Summary

* Loving life in Melbourne. Always wanted to live here so it's a big dream come true. Richmond and the boys have made him feel welcome so it's been good.

* All the boys jell well together and get along well. They go out to dinner together when away from the footy so it's not just footy talk but they also talk about what is going on in their social life.

* Living in Thornbury with a host family with Simon, McDonough & Williams.

* Talked about his upbringing and helping to raise his younger siblings. A nanny was brought in to help with looking after the family so he could focus on footy and the draft. He talked about working two jobs from 4am to 11pm on off-day from footy. When footy was on he worked from 10am-3pm and then trained with Peel Thunder getting home at 7.30pm.

* What type of player are you? Kamdyn described himself as a utility type who can play a variety of roles but mainly a half-back winger as he likes the defensive side of the game. Can play up forward as well. He never really compared himself to AFL players who played a similar role to him until later this year and around draft time. Comparisons that you watched and tried to learn off by watching them? - Bryce Gibbs as far as a footballer playing off half-back & Adam Goodes as far as wing play.

* Peel Thunder gave him the opportunity to play against men. Played against Andrew Embley when he was playing for Swan Districts.

* He had mates over on draft night. Only heard "Kamdyn" read out as his mates then went crazy. Didn't hit him that he was now in the AFL when up in Cairns but now in his 2nd week at training at Richmond it's started to sink in that you're playing with guys you once watched on tv and idolised.

* Didn't think Richmond would pick him up as soon as they did. He did have a couple of meetings with Richmond and he knew we were interested and they really liked the way he played.

* Who has impressed you since you've arrived at Richmond and seen them up close? Brandon Ellis in only his second year is one of the fittest in the team; he won the time trial. Also Cotch with the way he trains and plays. 

the claw

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 09:54:26 PM »
so  we did take a defender then. which is it. you guys are telling me we couldnt take  a mid with pick 31 because there were none .

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »
so  we did take a defender then. which is it. you guys are telling me we couldnt take  a mid with pick 31 because there were none .

Shut up Claw, it's getting sad now

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »

He's versatile
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
you the stuff are you guys?
One bloke said that there no mids and i asked you who the pure mids were we overlooked.
i doubt there would be too many posters on this forum who would be happy about the idea that I speak for them.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2012, 12:36:15 AM »

Shut up Claw, it's getting sad now
:lol

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »
Will be the pick of our picks IMO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2012, 06:30:03 PM »
Kamdyn den delight
By richmondfc.com.au 
Monday, December 17, 2012

It’s a long way from Pinjarra to Punt Road, so you could excuse Richmond’s second selection in the recent AFL National Draft, Kamdyn McIntosh, for being a little homesick in the initial stages of his AFL journey, so far from his WA home town.

McIntosh, however, is thriving at Tigerland . . .

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2012-12-17/kamdyn-den-delight

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 09:20:31 AM »
Bachelor mk2