Author Topic: Matthew McDonough [merged]  (Read 33597 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Matthew McDonough [merged]
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »
chapman was awful

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »
chapman was awful
Still kicked a goal and gave Daniher another. Not too bad for an awful game!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2014, 07:58:38 PM »
Jackson said he has very good pace when he was commentating

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2014, 08:02:02 PM »
He isn't going to win any grand final sprints but has enough pace to evade would be tacklers.  That is probably more important.
For years we have screamed out for natural footballers and not athletes and when we find one people start criticising his athletic prowess!!
Gee whizz! :whistle

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »
so many dick heads on this site.

:bow

Claw speaks the truth.

:bow
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
mcdonough can play but he is a tad slow IMHO
Slow like Luke hodge, , can play a bit this kid don't worry about that,  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »
I really want this kid to succeed just to prove Ramps wrong! ;D

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2014, 08:48:07 PM »
Ironically, he played a shorter mans version of CHaplins game
chapman is actually a shorter player ox.

still not sure about this kid i certainly am yet to see why he gets all the love he does.
Were you there today claw?
I was and I can tell you the kid can play. Probably needs one more year of development but is ok to play seniors if today was any indication.
nope not there. havent even seen a clip from the game.
not wanting to knock him but theres something that bugs me about mcdonough. without seeing him i cant put a finger on it.  i did have some concerns when we took him but wont go there. as you say he deserves some time to iron out any deficiency he may have and it may be he just needs more time to develop.

You havent seen him play?? and yet something worries you. Yep from watching his only game via tv you can garner a lot..   :banghead :banghead 

tony_montana

« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2014, 08:53:06 PM »

still not sure about this kid i certainly am yet to see why he gets all the love he does.
I was and I can tell you the kid can play. Probably needs one more year of development but is ok to play seniors if today was any indication.
not wanting to knock him but theres something that bugs me about mcdonough. without seeing him i cant put a finger on it.  i did have some concerns when we took him but wont go there. as you say he deserves some time to iron out any deficiency he may have and it may be he just needs more time to develop.

Maybe watch a player before making a call?
was you there tony. have i made a call seems i must have somewhere.  :o. maybe you shouldnt be such a literal smart arse.or  maybe i should have said without seeing more of him i cant put a finger on it. didnt think one would have to be so literal, and others had some modicum of intelligence. i keep on forgeting there are some who just arent that smart and need everything spelled out for em.

just to spell it out  tony as it seems  you need the help. ive seen mcdonough play i just didnt see the ess practice game. i was asked if id seen the game and  said as much. i cant be more up front than that. 
what i have seen of him theres something  not right but i cant put my finger on it yet.  you can bet your bottom dollar i will though. 

but hey!!!  all things are right with our players right?people cant see things that may bug em right?

so many dick heads on this site.

wow

I wasn't being a 'literal smartarse' dh maybe  read your comment again?
but theres something that bugs me about mcdonough. without seeing him i cant put a finger on it.
  To me that implies you are making a call on him without seeing what he's dished up no? My point was simply watch him then make a call (good or bad I really don't give a poo) so not sure why you had to throw in the  but hey!!!  all things are right with our players right?people cant see things that may bug em right?
Tell you what, you and 65 are right regarding your last comment! Really spelt it out for me - stuffing jokers on here  ::)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:40:57 PM by tony_montana »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:50 PM »
Id rather read straight up bullplop from so called idiots than so called opinion pieces from self annointed experts making faux calls on players they havent even seen.

What an effing joke

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

gerkin greg

« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2014, 11:05:01 PM »
Thanks Dookie

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2014, 11:11:36 PM »

What major area of deficiency would you highlight?

Hair too beautiful?
 Game of junior s when he got 40 touches for south Australia was too many?

Rampstar

« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »
Cameron Ling was fat and slow but made himself a player. Too early to jettison the Donut just yet. Needs to keep working hard and he may make it.  :gotigers

Y&b -
I dont think I have been harsh on the donut. Hope he makes it. Always had doubts about his pace for the game but good luck to the kid. The donut making it would be a great bonus for the club.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2014, 12:02:46 AM »
mcdonough can play but he is a tad slow IMHO

He got his well earned possessions through running the lines, hard work, getting there first and putting his head over it, not sure how you can say that after his game yesterday!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2014, 07:42:15 AM »
If he was recruited as a small forward and to be half decent to have been drafted you have to have some pace, and for one of his team mates to call him quick, I'm tipping he is fairly speedy. Some players just don't look like they are moving that fast but in this case he covers the ground pretty well by the sounds of it. Just because he haven't got the most athletic body going around or if some poster on here calls him slow, it doesn't make it true.
I'm not sure from his one AFL game last year that most can make a call on him, especially from only watching that one game on TV from the other side of the country.
You think being a Tigers fan you would at least give a young player a chance before making a call on him either way. I'm not saying I think he will make it but I'll make that judgement after more than one game.
Good luck to the kid.