Author Topic: Francis Jackson interviews post-draft [merged]  (Read 3501 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Francis Jackson interviews post-draft [merged]
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »
Francis Jackson was just interviewed on SEN:

Vlastuin - Tough competitor. Kicks the ball well. Displays leadership skills and he was captain of Vic Metro. Physically ready to go.

McIntosh - 192cm player. Key defender in carnival but we thought he had good endurance to play midfield as well. That was shown to be true by hisdraft combine results. We want him to be a tall mid who can play back.

McBean - 203cm developing ruckman. Talented by foot and good skills. Needs just time to put weight on in the gym.

They didn't ask him about McDonough.

dwaino

Re: Francis Jackson interviews post-draft [merged]
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »
One does not simply ask about McDonough.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:35:52 PM »
 :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »
RICHMOND - What the recruiter said

"We generally go in with the idea of picking the best available and then later in the draft we look to build for structural needs in the future. Things fell our way tonight and we were very pleased to get a development ruckman [Liam McBean] as our third pick, who at 202cm really gives us something that was missing on our list after Angus Graham's departure to Adelaide. We were very happy with that. Our first pick, Nick Vlastuin, has the leadership traits our coach is looking for. We're delighted he'll join us." - Recruiting manager Francis Jackson.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151599/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 04:05:45 AM »
How the Tigers fared
richmondfc..com.au
Thu 22 Nov, 2012

What the recruiter said
"We generally go in with the idea of picking the best available and then later in the draft we look to build for structural needs in the future. Things fell our way tonight and we were very pleased to get a development ruckman [Liam McBean] as our third pick, who at 202cm really gives us something that was missing on our list after Angus Graham's departure to Adelaide. We were very happy with that. Our first pick, Nick Vlastuin, has the leadership traits our coach is looking for. We're delighted he'll join us." - Recruiting manager Francis Jackson.

Pick 9: Nick Vlastuin, Northern Knights
Jackson says: Nick is really competitive, a strong kick and has the traits our coach is looking for. He also displays leadership skills. I see him starting in defence initially, but he's very versatile because he's a really strong overhead mark and an outstanding tackler. He'll look to build his endurance, which was still in the top 35 per cent at the Draft Combine, so he can eventually play a midfield role. But he could also push forward at times as well.

Pick 31: Camdyn McIntosh, Peel Thunder
Jackson says: He's a 192cm player who played a key defensive role during the national carnival, but he has the ability to play a midfield role because he has elite endurance. He was in the top three per cent at the Draft Combine for the beep test and 3km time trial. After the carnival, he came back and played senior WAFL footy for Peel Thunder as an outside midfielder.

Pick 33: Liam McBean, Calder Cannons
Jackson says: He's unusual for a ruckman because he's an outstanding kick, so you actually want the footy in his hands. He's a terrific goalkicker with a high conversion rate inside 50 and makes really good decisions. Like most young ruckmen, he's going to take a while. He's 86kg and put 6kg on this year but obviously needs to be up near the 100kg mark. His mobility for his size was underlined when he played centre half-back for WA at the national championships.

Pick 42: Mark McDonough, Woodville-West Torrens
Jackson says: Mark had an outstanding national carnival and kicked 15 goals against the other three division one teams, including a bag of six. He's a strong mark and has a great conversion rate, but also hopefully down the track will be able to play a midfield role. He had a few high-possession games at under-18 level and again has work to do to build up his endurance. His leg speed is OK but he's very strong overhead for his size and reads the play very well.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/151491/default.aspx

Rampstar

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 08:11:16 AM »
How the Tigers fared
richmondfc..com.au
Thu 22 Nov, 2012

What the recruiter said

Pick 9: Nick Vlastuin, Northern Knights
Jackson says: Nick is really competitive, a strong kick and has the traits our coach is looking for. He also displays leadership skills. I see him starting in defence initially, but he's very versatile because he's a really strong overhead mark and an outstanding tackler. He'll look to build his endurance, which was still in the top 35 per cent at the Draft Combine, so he can eventually play a midfield role. But he could also push forward at times as well.

Pick 31: Camdyn McIntosh, Peel Thunder
Jackson says: He's a 192cm player who played a key defensive role during the national carnival, but he has the ability to play a midfield role because he has elite endurance. He was in the top three per cent at the Draft Combine for the beep test and 3km time trial. After the carnival, he came back and played senior WAFL footy for Peel Thunder as an outside midfielder.

Pick 33: Liam McBean, Calder Cannons
Jackson says: He's unusual for a ruckman because he's an outstanding kick, so you actually want the footy in his hands. He's a terrific goalkicker with a high conversion rate inside 50 and makes really good decisions. Like most young ruckmen, he's going to take a while. He's 86kg and put 6kg on this year but obviously needs to be up near the 100kg mark. His mobility for his size was underlined when he played centre half-back for WA at the national championships.

Pick 42: Mark McDonough, Woodville-West Torrens
Jackson says: Mark had an outstanding national carnival and kicked 15 goals against the other three division one teams, including a bag of six. He's a strong mark and has a great conversion rate, but also hopefully down the track will be able to play a midfield role. He had a few high-possession games at under-18 level and again has work to do to build up his endurance. His leg speed is OK but he's very strong overhead for his size and reads the play very well.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/151491/default.aspx

Lets hope Mark McDonough can play better than Matty McDonough lol. ;D Good to see our recruiting boys really on fire at the draft. 10 out of 10 performance every day of the week  :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 10:28:58 AM »
FJ on SEN now

What they loved about Vlastuin:
Been watching him for 2 and half year. Very competitive, strong body, wins a lot of contested ball, should progress rapidly and play next year.

Getting more inside mids to help out Cotch etc. Numbers around the ball are very high so need to rotate a lot through the middle.

Strong chance to play round 1, performed well in big games.

3 big macs.

Liam highly skilled, needs body development
Kamdyn big boy, play defender but also as a mid.
McDonut 15 goals in a div 1 team, can see him rotating through the middle as well.

Drafting rucks?
Ruckmen take a long time to develop, that's why they slip in the draft.

Garlett?
Loud and clear, talent alone won't get you there. Need a high work ethic. AFL footy has progressed far beyond that.
No doubt he's top 10 on talent.

Joe Daniher?
Certainly in the top 2, a lot of recruiters would have taken him at 1.

Menzel?
Very talented.

Toy, Stephenson?
We'll take 4 rookies. A few AFL players on our radar.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:38:36 AM »
heh gold
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »
Interesting that we won't fill our main list this year. Saving some spots for next year which is a better draft plus some more free agents to replace McGoof and Greg. Though you can see why McGoof stayed to welcome all the other Mc's to the club.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
FJ on SEN now

What they loved about Vlastuin:
Been watching him for 2 and half year. Very competitive, strong body, wins a lot of contested ball, should progress rapidly and play next year.

Getting more inside mids to help out Cotch etc. Numbers around the ball are very high so need to rotate a lot through the middle.

Strong chance to play round 1, performed well in big games.

3 big macs.

Liam highly skilled, needs body development
Kamdyn big boy, play defender but also as a mid.
McDonut 15 goals in a div 1 team, can see him rotating through the middle as well.

Drafting rucks?
Ruckmen take a long time to develop, that's why they slip in the draft.

Garlett?
Loud and clear, talent alone won't get you there. Need a high work ethic. AFL footy has progressed far beyond that.
No doubt he's top 10 on talent.

Joe Daniher?
Certainly in the top 2, a lot of recruiters would have taken him at 1.

Menzel?
Very talented.

Toy, Stephenson?
We'll take 4 rookies. A few AFL players on our radar.

How about the sms's they read out :D
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 11:03:44 AM »
Well good luck to all the new recruits, lets hope they make it... :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
Well good luck to all the new recruits, lets hope they make it... :gotigers

Do you really think all the Mc's will make it?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »

:lol :shh

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »

Isn't he the dude from the first Big Brother?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 02:54:22 PM »
 VIDEO: Francis Jackson gives his opinion on all four of our 2012 picks, great insight ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/505557/default.aspx