Author Topic: Where Will Hardwick Play Griffiths???  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Where Will Hardwick Play Griffiths???
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »
ff for me.
one thing for sure at least one of astbury or griffiths has to be developed as a key forward. we cant rely on vickery to play chf if hes to be a second ruck he has to play out of a pocket.
we have jack who is proven and we have a fill in in mcguane that is it.

That's BS Jack isn't proven until he wins a Coleman kicking 150

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »
Makes 100% sense to me. Griffiths should go forward and lead up the wings to provide a transitional target from HB. He could easily spin around and launch it quickly and deeply into our F50 then and give Jack and Vickery every chance in the world to compete one out with their opponents. He is also quick on the lead and agile enough to turn his opponent inside out so he could double back and double lead giving him every chance to roost goals himself. The only downside to him going forward is that his super boot was great to kick over the zones from kickins and his height and speed made him a tough opponent on leading forwards.

I still think we needs more firepower up forward rather than down back currently.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
Looks a gun CHB in the making. Leave him in the backline.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 09:02:32 PM »
Looks a gun CHB in the making. Leave him in the backline.

His disposal alone is just what we need out of the back half  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »
Hard decision would love two for each end! But unless he can improve his spoiling I believe the forward line is for him

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »
I think he'll play as the third man up in defence now that Grimes seems stuffed.
Not sure he gets involved enough to be a KPF.

the claw

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
I think he'll play as the third man up in defence now that Grimes seems stuffed.
gotta ask do you think he gets involved enough as a kpd. mate hes been in the main underwhelming.
he may move well and he may be able to roost a ball but theres more to being an afl player than that. i reckon people get sucked in by these two things and expect him to be something he aint.
has always been a ff and should be played there.
ffs jayden post was infinately more involved in games down back than griffiths and we cut him.

im not having a go at him either i understand the injuries etc  he has heaps of potential and that is about all hes getting by on atm potential.
 we have a 200cm power forward whos quick is a great kick and you want him to play third tall down back.
if he plays back imo its kp or nothing. he wants to start consistently taking marks managing to spoil in the air consistently applying pressure without the ball laying a few tackles  and he sure as hell wants find a heap more ball if hes to utilise his footskills.

play him at ff his 8 possesions a game may equate to 2 or 3 goals a game. plonk him deep forward and at the least he has to have a tall defender on him  and what a long target if we have no option but go long. imo if he can start taking some big marks its ideal.
plonk him deep and let him lead at the ball and most tall defenders will struggle to go with him.  he can go out past 50 and still be dangerous with his kick.
he  is definately being wasted in the back line. besides we have dire need of tall forwards the list is screaming out for him and possibly another to develop forward.

Gigantor

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 08:24:47 PM »
Claw I rarely agree with you ,but on this i do 100%

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »
The risk of re-injuring his shoulders is too great to warrant throwing Griffo in the forward line at this point in time. The club knows what theyre doing, and is very aware of his attributes as well as his shortcomings. It's not just what a player brings to the table, it's also about how he fits into the team's structure.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 08:49:02 PM »
gotta ask do you think he gets involved enough as a kpd. mate hes been in the main underwhelming.
he may move well and he may be able to roost a ball but theres more to being an afl player than that. i reckon people get sucked in by these two things and expect him to be something he aint.
ffs jayden post was infinately more involved in games down back than griffiths and we cut him.

im not having a go at him either i understand the injuries etc  he has heaps of potential and that is about all hes getting by on atm potential.
 we have a 200cm power forward whos quick is a great kick and you want him to play third tall down back.
if he plays back imo its kp or nothing. he wants to start consistently taking marks managing to spoil in the air consistently applying pressure without the ball laying a few tackles  and he sure as hell wants find a heap more ball if hes to utilise his footskills.

play him at ff his 8 possesions a game may equate to 2 or 3 goals a game. plonk him deep forward and at the least he has to have a tall defender on him  and what a long target if we have no option but go long. imo if he can start taking some big marks its ideal.
plonk him deep and let him lead at the ball and most tall defenders will struggle to go with him.  he can go out past 50 and still be dangerous with his kick.
he  is definately being wasted in the back line. besides we have dire need of tall forwards the list is screaming out for him and possibly another to develop forward.

I honestly have a feeling he's more chance of becoming a gun CHB or FB than forward.
Seems to me a player who benefits from being led to the ball and who can spoil/mark from behind than having his shoulders punched.
He's got a very cool head and makes good decision with the footy. Quite like him in the backline to be honest.

gerkin greg

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »
Doesn't take enough marks

Gigantor

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
doesnt take enough marks???????????he aint on the park long enough

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 10:08:54 PM »
Dont agree with people saying less knocks in the backline than forward line. It aint forward's knocking fowards...

tony_montana

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »

I honestly have a feeling he's more chance of becoming a gun CHB or FB than forward.
Seems to me a player who benefits from being led to the ball and who can spoil/mark from behind than having his shoulders punched.
He's got a very cool head and makes good decision with the footy. Quite like him in the backline to be honest.

Same and I recall in a few games him getting a fair bit of the ball. Hes barely strung together 40 games of footy over the past 4-5 years, he needs games and "the feel of ball slap on hand" to borrow a saying from one of oer's finest  ;D Playing back allows him to get more involved in the play and as his confidence grows he can become more of a release man rather than Rance.
Definitely has the makings of a true KPP swingman

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »
Dont agree with people saying less knocks in the backline than forward line. It aint forward's knocking fowards...

Exactly. There's not a position on the ground where you have a small risk of getting injured. You can get injured in any position and Griffo normally hurts himself when he's putting his socks on anyway. Doesn't get anywhere near enough footy and that needs to change next year. Riewoldt is incapable of sharing the square so Full Forward is out of the question as well. CHF is up for grabs