Author Topic: Where Will Hardwick Play Griffiths???  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Bird Man

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Where Will Hardwick Play Griffiths???
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
If Griffiths can stay fit - then he will easily overtake TV as the preferred CHF. The Backline should not need him as the have the key posts covered i.e. Chaplain & Rance - with others to support - Grimes (once fit), Batchelor, Dea, Houli etc

dont think so mate Vickers had a killer season last year and is back up ruck were as Grff isnt.

Griff will stay a Hfb   

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »
Must have missed that season

Offline Bird Man

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »
nah you must of seen last year as you have shown you clearly know what your talking about  :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
nah you must of seen last year as you have shown you clearly know what your talking about  :clapping

As resident guru I have to say that Vickery was quite good in 2011 but that's as far as I would go. 2012 was a year to forget but he has an injury to hide behind for a year or so now. Gold pass ;D Does offer a lovely lead up the corridor but often gets ignored because Jack in the pocket with 3 opponents is somehow considered a better option

gerkin greg

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »
(Riewoldt) He's a very good kick for goal but not a great field kick.

Disagree. Very good field kick.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2012, 02:01:02 AM »
(Riewoldt) He's a very good kick for goal but not a great field kick.

Disagree. Very good field kick.

Agree

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2012, 08:09:15 AM »
If Grimes, Chaplin and Rance are all on the park then it gives Dimma the flexibility to push Griffs forward. However, if one or more go down then Big Benny will stay in defence.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Gigantor

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2012, 10:23:47 AM »
Ben has a lot of trouble just seeing games out.I dont really care where he plays at the moment ,just happy to see him get some game time,because only with time on the park are we going to see wheres his footballing is at ,and how good he can be

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »
If Grimes, Chaplin and Rance are all on the park then it gives Dimma the flexibility to push Griffs forward. However, if one or more go down then Big Benny will stay in defence.

Unless Astbury come good sooner rather than later.

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2012, 09:03:56 AM »
Ben has a lot of trouble just seeing games out.I dont really care where he plays at the moment ,just happy to see him get some game time,because only with time on the park are we going to see wheres his footballing is at ,and how good he can be
^ agree mate...as long as he stays fit & healthy I'm just happy to see him on the park...think he gives us good flexibility and it's nice to be talking about having a multitude of blokes capable of playing similar spots as opposed to years gone by where we were begging/praying for CHF/CHB's
...the fighting fury...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
lose not love -.-
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
My good fellow I was a chb and not too shabby. I have lots of love for the defender.

If you do a poll on AFL coaches who can u most not afford to love.

Pavlich v mcpharlin
S Reid v Richards
Reiwoldt v France
Franklin v gibson  whoever is chb
Hawkins v mackie

The key forward is higher demand.

Ca4ey > jackovic

any chf worth their salt can play chb, and visa versa.

Not true.

Its more easy for a chf to move back, than vice versa.

This is why Wayne Carey.  Joni.brown etc. Are payed the big bucks.

I'm not sure how to word it, buts its easier to play with ones back to the goal. As opposed to facing the play and led etc. As a chf. Chb u will will be led to the ball. And don't have to make the play.
I take it you've never played in the backline?

as a backman if you are constantly led to the ball you will get a bath from a good forward.

as for not having to make the play. what about when the ball is coming out of the last line of defense. It is the CHB you should be making the play.

To play both CHB and CHF you need to be a smart footballer with a big tank and the most important thing is to be able to take a contested mark.

The players you mentioned could all have played CHB, but they were so good that they more value to their clubs at CHF.

The only thing "easier" about playing in the backline is you can hit the losse ball running and not bother having to stop and turn around, but considering a KPP strength should be in the air and particularly contested marking, that s not that relevant.