Author Topic: Sam Lonergan [merged]  (Read 14513 times)

the claw

Re: Sam Lonergan [merged]
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »
lol hes another dud.
as i said when we rookied him why take an inside mid with no skills is as slow as a wet wick and cant find the ball. geez sammy dwyer is looking good right now.
geez im lamenting the loss of the no more poor kicks mantra.

:lol
Changed your tune since you said he was a lock to be upgraded from the rookie list without playing a game?
wtf bring it up if you can find it. derogatory is the right word for my opinion on lonergan on this site and others. have been nothing but critical for us taking him.
while i agree he was a type we needed and still do he was never ever one i wanted us to take. i dont get where you come up with this nonsense at times. your either trolling or just dont read what people write or only read parts of what people write thus getting a warped perspective.
sorry al your looking at the wrong bloke.
moloney dwyer and martin was three i did advocate and there were plenty who now have egg on their faces.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2013, 08:59:30 PM »
Genuine list blocker

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »
 :lol at dredging up an such an old post.

anyways,
with the way foleys pre season has gone i would have thought lonergan was a lock to be promoted.  inside grunt and midfield depth anyone.

up forward we have a edwards possibly knights  and ohanlon as medium forward options. down back the medium options are endless. so where does it leave petterd atm..

thought it was a strange thing to say at the time and when questioned about it you went on some obscure diatribe about pettard.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2013, 09:26:47 PM »

anyways,
with the way foleys pre season has gone i would have thought lonergan was a lock to be promoted.  inside grunt and midfield depth anyone.

up forward we have a edwards possibly knights  and ohanlon as medium forward options. down back the medium options are endless. so where does it leave petterd atm..

thought it was a strange thing to say at the time and when questioned about it you went on some obscure diatribe about pettard.
fair enough but you only need go back to the first few pages of this thread  to see how vehemently i was against lonergan. context is a wonderful thing.

that quote is in no way an endorsement of sam lonergan.i reckon you know this and your being extremely selective.

mate im not here here to get into a bitch fight but i reckon ive been damn consistent on lonergan. slow cant kick cant find the ball im not sure how that endorses him. have a look at the start of this thread first 2 or 3 pages  thats all im saying. thats all ive ever said.

oh im the first to admit my poor grammar  and english or even education gets me into strife.   so its not neccesarily your problem or fault. theres been absolutewly nothing as far as im concerned that has endorsed lonergan in any way. if i can be harsh ive hated the bastard and the club for taking him right from the get go.

the claw

« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »

anyways,

it was a  thread  about petterd stephenson and lonergan  why wouldnt i go on about petterd. another i didnt want us to take.
geez my comments were not an endorsement of lonergan but more about what the club would do now that we had lonergan. it was replying to a comment that suggested if we promote one of the mature rookies it should be petterd. i said ibasically it should be lonergan because  it was febuary foley struggling a genuine inside player with injury and we had gone  and got lonergan in december.  a mature inside mid and the only inside player at the time mature enough to take foleys place. the club went and got a 25yo mature bloke i thought it logical that they would be playing him.why else do you take mature players to develop give me a break.

as i said it may just be me and the poor english.  but for a bloke who clearly reads my posts goes to the trouble to look up and bring up old posts not just on this thread  to ignore all the posts ive put up about lonergan and focus in on that may or may not help you make a point  is poor form.  trolling at its worst imo.

im scratching my head trying to figure out what point your trying to prove here.

the claw

Re: Rookie pick 22 - Sam Lonergan
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2013, 11:22:57 AM »
so looking at him actually play what have we got here.
hmm slow as a wet wick. kicking bordering on terrible. mid who just doesnt find enough ball.  will say again we just spent 4 yrs delisting hacks with the same sort of weaknesses in their games and we have jackson and white just like him what are they thinking.
lol kyle martin anyone even if he doesnt make it he has to be a beeter chance of becoming a decent long term prospect.

i know blair hartley is paid to look at and take apart other afl lists but i have to ask who is looking at state leagues. who ever it is is failing abysmally.

why do we break our own mantras, ffs   kicking anyone.
hmm when we got him there was this.

the claw

« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2013, 11:23:39 AM »
His a genuine mid though
oh i see. your okay with hacks as long as they are the right type.  what part of slow as a wet wick and poor skills dont you understand.

me well im all for taking the right type as long as they have some decent form and attributes.
who knows he may prove a decent get hes gotta be better than jackson and white surely.
then there was this.

the claw

« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2013, 11:26:33 AM »
Some interesting info regarding Lonergan from a poster named bipolarbear on BF. Also went on to say that apparently Sydney were keen but he told them he wanted to work with Dimma.

To be honest, I think he'll get a quick upgrade.
He's been given a very specific role to do from Dimma, get the ball and pass it out, he's there to take the pressure off Cotchin and Co on the inside, he'll be resting forward when he needs a break. He's been asked to step his cardio up a level in the off-season.
Richmond have wanted him for quite a while apparently, even enquired about him the last time his contract was up.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/welcome-to-richmond-sam-lonergan.983228/page-6#post-26660321
francis jackson was very keen on hislop and thompson for a long while as well.  we ended up with them but they failed for a few  basic reasons.  pace  skills and an inability to find enough ball.
like francis i like tough nuts but they have to have the basics in place.
ah well lets hope he gets one out of three right.

as for upgrades cant we automatically play two rookies from the get go.at age 24 and us with a dearth of mids you would hope hes a quick upgrade.
then there was this. sort of sums up whats going on here. a player i cant stand highly critical of him and the club but hey we have him hes mature and as such we will promote him. no point taking em if you dont play em.

the claw

« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2013, 11:29:12 AM »
so looking at him actually play what have we got here.
hmm slow as a wet wick. kicking bordering on terrible. mid who just doesnt find enough ball.  will say again we just spent 4 yrs delisting hacks with the same sort of weaknesses in their games and we have jackson and white just like him what are they thinking.
lol kyle martin anyone even if he doesnt make it he has to be a beeter chance of becoming a decent long term prospect.

i know blair hartley is paid to look at and take apart other afl lists but i have to ask who is looking at state leagues. who ever it is is failing abysmally.

why do we break our own mantras, ffs   kicking anyone.
He is a rookie. He is not on the senior list. He is only a back up. The club picked four youngsters in the ND. Ok?
how many youngsters was that again 4 you say oh ok.

rookies get to play a lot of the yr nowadays back up you say at age 24. id say hes no backup coming directly off another teams list. its funny apparently aaron edwards is just backup but players we like like knights isnt.
me i hope every single one of them is picked on merits not on what they have done where did we finish again.
there was this which further explains my thinking. hes a dud but we have him and we will promote him. 24 yr olds if you take em are not back up.

the claw

« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2013, 11:33:05 AM »
Kyle Martin is a mate of a mate. Collingwood were the only club interested. Also heard that they were into Cockie originally too. I think as another option to replace Wellingham. But St Kilda sent him away for surgery even after they said they wouldn't take him this year, as they want him to have one more good year at Sandy then they'll pick him up next year to walk into Hayes' position. Timing of the surgery seems convenient to throw off other clubs as they were all looking, had a ripping year. So Collingwood looked at Martin instead I believe.

As for Lonergan, any bummer fan I've spoken to who are not involved arm chair generals on internet forums accept that the biggest reason he was delisted was because they had to clean out senior players to make room in their salary cap for Goddard. I've looked out for him a little closer than previously in a couple of the replays on Fox Footy at the moment, and all be it a little slow, he can win his own footy and take a contested grab. Feel a little more assured with this sort of bloke who can come in if we have injuries to Foley and/or Tuck rather than some snot nose. Will be a cult hero if he can ride Carrazzo into the dirt again.
hmm so you listen to other posters. me i judge where possible all players on pretty simple criteria like performance strengths and weaknesses. at age 24 i sure as hell hope he can come in and out perfrom some snot nose thats the whole idea in taking mature players.
then there was this. i dont need to go on.
common theme with all is. i greatly dislike him as a player. but think we will play him.  i dont think i have anywhere endorsed lonergan as a player. the opposite in fact ive been highly critical.
based purely on his strengths or lack there of and his weaknesses ive always been dismayed at us getting him.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2013, 12:31:04 PM »
Hey Claw, did you stay up all night re-reading your old posts?   ;D

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »
Hey Claw, did you stay up all night re-reading your old posts?   ;D

That's what I do most friday nights, Smokey. Makes for a highly informative and fun-filled evening.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »
 :lol   :clapping

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »
REALLY! How did this get to 14 pages :huh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
lmfao

the big clawski  :bow

so effing funny.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI