Author Topic: Tigers need new Merchandise Sponsor  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers need new Merchandise Sponsor
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »
the old emblem with the tiger pouncing ... that still wins lol. what a great emblem.

I like the current emblem but the tiger pouncing was far and away the best of the rest.  And I'll add my vote to adding "Est 1885" to it.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »
Richmond does need to do something about the merchandise, I think its a good opportunity going begging at the moment, I was at the den today... I picked up a couple of Fashion Tee shirts with the 1885 on it, they are quite good, but I wasnt overly impressed with whats on offer.

https://console.clubsonline.com.au/shopproducts/images/main/Little%20Al's%20wicked%20tee%20300%20.jpg

Those T-shirts look heaps better than what we have seen previously. I am buying one.
Great use of the retro 1980's Tiger emblem(still the best IMO).
I hope they sell like hotcakes and the club recognises the need to produce more fashionable gear in this vein.
I will buy more & pay more if the quality is there and not cheaply produced rubbish that looks like it was churned out in 5 minutes.

KEEP IT UP MARKETING DEPARTMENT! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 04:02:06 PM »
Dare I mention a better designed official website to sell merchandise over the net  :whistle.

All they have is a small ad for the Tiger Den lost scrolling amongst the Wine club, GSP images, etc and the words "Richmond FC's online merchandise shop" is such small font you need a magnifying glass to read it. Why not have a larger ad the size of the Nissan ones say with the t-shirt pic Magic has put up and really push the merchandise.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 06:39:13 PM »
i really like our current logo, NEVER liked the 80s one...our merchandise could improve some...I wonder whether the clubs would make more if they marketed their own brand...bloody expensive the reebock stuff...Can buy quality stuff ISC or something and probably make much greater margins ...Reebock appear not keen on tooo larger a range

I think you will find they are making with Reebok than have previously..... 2008 (first year with Reebok) was one a super merchandise sales wise  :thumbsup

I understand that kids want jumpers, but for 38yo guys  like me, .....

I remember when i was 38  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »
i really like our current logo, NEVER liked the 80s one...our merchandise could improve some...I wonder whether the clubs would make more if they marketed their own brand...bloody expensive the reebock stuff...Can buy quality stuff ISC or something and probably make much greater margins ...Reebock appear not keen on tooo larger a range

I think you will find they are making with Reebok than have previously..... 2008 (first year with Reebok) was one a super merchandise sales wise  :thumbsup

I can't   ???

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 06:48:16 PM »

I can't   ???

I should have added .... JUST  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 10:33:43 PM »
Merchandising our stuff should be a priority for the club, I reckon its a huge opportunity thats being missed. Having a range of 5 or 6 fashionable tshirts like the one on offer at the moment would see the club sell heaps. I purchases 2 tshirts yesterday, if they had a bigger range of better stuff, I would have purchased more. For example how hard would it have been to have produced a white tshirt with the same design, or even a pale yellow tshirt with the same design. They would have looked great. Anyway thats the end of this rant, dont know if you guys agree but I reckon this is an important issue.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 10:45:42 PM »
Bought one of those t-shirts last week when I bought my membership at the club.
Garment jumped out at me merely b/c I love the tiger on the front from our 80's logo. Pity we still don't have a sponsor as I was looking for a jumper to upgrade from the 1998 one I had and I was told early Feb was the earliest point in time that they would be coming in to the club.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »
Merchandising our stuff should be a priority for the club, I reckon its a huge opportunity thats being missed. Having a range of 5 or 6 fashionable tshirts like the one on offer at the moment would see the club sell heaps. I purchases 2 tshirts yesterday, if they had a bigger range of better stuff, I would have purchased more. For example how hard would it have been to have produced a white tshirt with the same design, or even a pale yellow tshirt with the same design. They would have looked great. Anyway thats the end of this rant, dont know if you guys agree but I reckon this is an important issue.

I agree Ramps it is an important issue as there are massive $$$$ to be made. Just look at the EPL in the UK, MLB & NFL in the USA. I remember reading a few seasons back that Essendon made $1 mil one year from merch sales....  :o they're not doolars that should be ignored

The other thing to remember is I think you will fine that anything the club may want to sell or market would need approval from the honchos from the AFL seeing they own the logo's etc