Author Topic: Richmond 2013 preview (from the red and dark side)  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond 2013 preview (from the red and dark side)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »
"We are aware that there are suggestions that Jobe Watson has been seen limping into Epworth hospital with Essendon officials earlier today.

There is nothing official yet, and until there is it is purely a rumor."

http://www.facebook.com/theafloffseason?ref=stream

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »
Not at all. As usual gerks offers nothing to the thread. Vickery was complete arse last season but he is capable of better. Not sure how that's back peddling

Don't worry gerks, Coach has just been approved for a multiple personality disability pension. Next thing you know he'll be saying Jackson is an out and out star.  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »
If Jove does a knee

Dons ---> gone ski

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:44 PM »
If Jove does a knee

Dons ---> gone ski

Wooden spooners? Essenspoon.  :whistle

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
Not at all. As usual gerks offers nothing to the thread. Vickery was complete arse last season but he is capable of better. Not sure how that's back peddling

Don't worry gerks, Coach has just been approved for a multiple personality disability pension. Next thing you know he'll be saying Jackson is an out and out star.  ;D

Who are you, mate? Is this a threat? Jackson is a quality player and I have said that many times

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 12:31:58 PM »
If Jove does a knee

Dons ---> gone ski

Rooted I say

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 12:15:02 AM »
If Jove does a knee

Dons ---> gone ski

he needs a pep me up. :thumbsup

Offline Azmo82

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 05:52:52 AM »
Realistic Essendon supporter here. I think both teams are a fair way off challenging. Not enough consistency and too many young/inexperienced guys in the best 22.
How many good players do you have that are ready to go in 2013? Players that don't have question marks/injury concerns?

For the bombers it would be Watson, Goddard, Fletcher, Ryder, Crameri, Hurley, Heppell, Howlett, Stanton, Dempsey, Carlisle, Bellchambers, Zaharakis.

For Richmond I'd have Cotchin, Deledio, Reiwoldt, Maric, Martin, Grigg, Conca, Houli, Ellis, Tuck, Rance, Chaplin, Morris, Nahas, Newman and Shane Edwards.

Both lists are fairly even IMO but Reiwoldt puts it in Richmonds favour. None of our forwards are close to him at the moment.
Of course there are plenty of other talented players on both lists but a lot of them have question marks due to lack of games or injuries. Players like Daniher, Kavanagh, Pears, Myers, Hibberd or for the Tigers guys like Foley, Grimes, Vickery, Griffiths, Vlaustin etc. If you can get those guys playing good footy consistently you will be hard to beat.

Both teams have weakish depth so injuries are going to be a factor.
Good luck but I hope you finish 9th.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 06:38:33 AM »
I would agree that both teams my be a fair way off challenging but where I see richmond's reasons due to lack of experience and depth to cover injuries, I see Essendons as a case of too many battlers on field. What I liked about the bombers last year was that after your top 5-6 players the rest of your list is pretty even and they were able to produce consistently as opposed to our bottom 6 last year that when push came to shove under injury duress were more than awful.

It showed in the first half of the season ith a fitter list you were able to win more games become the bottom tier and even mid tier players in your team put in more than what we did. It could also come down to the draws we both played but that's a different discussion.

I don't know too much about essendon tbh but I think players like pears and hibberd fit are a good addition to your squad.

As for this year I would expect our younger players to provide more while the flogs we have to be kept out of the team with the depth we aquired thru recruiting and availability and not sidelined for most of the year ala: Astbury, Arnott, Helbig etc

Don't worry won't finish 9th, with essendon out and a bye round this year I'm sure we'll move up a spot into 8th this year.  :lol
Just not sure what were going to do for the dreamtime game without an opponent??
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 07:29:28 AM »
Essendon to recruit Lance Armstrong as an international rookie.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 08:03:42 AM »
 ;D
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
Stopped reading at Howlett in the list of good players. Anyone fill me in on who our good ones were?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »
Stopped reading at Howlett in the list of good players. Anyone fill me in on who our good ones were?

Should've kept reading cause he said Dempsey too hahahah

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 01:25:10 PM »
some dodgy names on that bombers best of list.

Offline Azmo82

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 01:55:04 PM »
Tough crowd  ;D It's not like I said they were A Graders. You would of thought after I listed honest plodders like Conca, Morris, Houli, Nahas and Chaplin that you wouldn't be laughing at the likes of Howlett. He is a better player than any of those hacks.

Essendon to recruit Lance Armstrong as an international rookie.

Maybe we have been consulting with Ben Cousins. Turns out he had a close relationship with Mr Charter aka Dr Ageless well before he was associated with the bombers.  :thumbsup