Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 563814 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »
LSD is definitely not a grey area  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2013, 08:12:31 PM »
it's such a grey area. There are substances that we the general public can take, that are found in supplements bought over the counter, that an athlete subject to testing cannot.
Club officials are not competing on the field, so I cant see why they would come under WADAs scrutiny, or even jurisdiction for these substances.

If you talk about recreation drugs, which you would not want a teacher to be on with kids in their care, then that is different. I actually dont see why players would be tested for this, as many hamper performance rather than enhance it, yet club officials and AFL officials are not tested.

It seems that it must be OK for the head honchos of the AFL to snort coke but not a player.

I'm not a great reader of legal mumbo jumbo. Does what MT post say players are testing for recreational drugs but when it comes to performance enhancing drugs they test players, docs, coaches etc?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2013, 08:41:49 PM »
nah, it's just been raised because Dank claimed club officials have taken these substances.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
LSD is definitely not a grey area  ;D
more like a kaleidescope.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
This song has pretty much summed up this off season. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAXPUN2z2CE

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16:19 PM »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
it's such a grey area. There are substances that we the general public can take, that are found in supplements bought over the counter, that an athlete subject to testing cannot.
Club officials are not competing on the field, so I cant see why they would come under WADAs scrutiny, or even jurisdiction for these substances.

If you talk about recreation drugs, which you would not want a teacher to be on with kids in their care, then that is different. I actually dont see why players would be tested for this, as many hamper performance rather than enhance it, yet club officials and AFL officials are not tested.

It seems that it must be OK for the head honchos of the AFL to snort coke but not a player.

I'm not a great reader of legal mumbo jumbo. Does what MT post say players are testing for recreational drugs but when it comes to performance enhancing drugs they test players, docs, coaches etc?
I don't believe they test the coaches nor other club officials. It was Dank who said the coaches especially Hird were well aware of what was going on and Hird was present sometimes when waivers were signed. Dank added that some coaches (no names) were also on supplement programs which in their case could include non-WADA approved substances as they didn't have to worry about that unlike the players.

It's just interesting to find that the AFL anti-doping code applies to club officials also. Where this all fits together regarding Essendon and alleged claims by Dank that the coaches were using non-WADA approved substances I don't know.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2013, 12:32:18 AM »
Oh I see thanks  :thumbsup

I'm with Al on this. Test players for performance enhancers and leave it at that. If they want to snort or inject let them do it, it's their life and career they're throwing away. If anything they should test officials for recreational more than players as the officials have control of much more than the way they play on he field

gerkin greg

« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »
The umps are on drugs, see it every bloody weekend  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2013, 10:25:46 PM »
ESSENDON fitness guru Dean Robinson has done nothing wrong, his lawyer David Galbally QC says.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-13/the-weapon-hires-highpowered-lawyer-

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2013, 09:33:48 AM »
He is an ugly bastard.

gerkin greg

« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2013, 09:39:38 AM »
Has Galbally actually ever got anyone off anything LMAO most overrated QC going around

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »
channel 7 have a special show on now about AFL drugs. I can see a richmond top there behind andrew sitting but I cant see their face yet to name who is representing richmond there.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »
Cameron ling sticking up for AFL. Asking Kate Lundy about her comments and how its tarnished every sports person with the same brush.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »
Dan Jackson is on it.