Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561127 times)

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3510 on: May 12, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »
While the appeal isn't an absolute surprise, essendon sound completely rattled. Before they had the luxury of keeping so much in house within the AFL. Now it is beyond all of them and all they can do is hold on for dear life. Eddie said on MMM that one of the WADA lawyers involved is the main one who went after Armstrong?

Hird is also mistaken on the difference between 'innocent' and 'not guilty.'

;D

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3511 on: May 12, 2015, 01:46:38 PM »
They dont know what they injected, but it definitely wasnt an illegal substance........

There's two legal versions and an illegal version. We don't know what we took but it was definitely wasn't the illegal one.

beta is the drug cheating one

alpha is for aids patients

which was is it

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3512 on: May 12, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
While the appeal isn't an absolute surprise, essendon sound completely rattled. Before they had the luxury of keeping so much in house within the AFL. Now it is beyond all of them and all they can do is hold on for dear life. Eddie said on MMM that one of the WADA lawyers involved is the main one who went after Armstrong?

Agree dwaino, media saying bombers were blindsided. Little was on SEN this morni and admitted that they had not gone through any "what if" scenarios because they didn't think WADA would appeal. What the....?

I mean how stupid was that? Then some equally delusional bomber supporter rang on and asked if the players are found guilty by WADA do the AFL have to enforce the penalties (suspensions)

Well yeah moron they do because the AFL is signatory to the WADA code..

;D

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3514 on: May 12, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »
Well if nothing else it will distract the pricks for another twelve months....after thinking it was finally all over not sure they'll be as "galvanised" and "brave" this time around.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #3515 on: May 12, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »

yep, Tird said more today on 360 then he's said throughout the whole saga.

They are shetting themselves and know they're stuffed

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3516 on: May 13, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »
The AFL tribunal set the bar too high when it came to comfortable satisfaction. Gerard Whateley said they would have found Lance Armstrong innocent with their interpretation.

I now think that the players are stuffed.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3517 on: May 13, 2015, 06:46:53 AM »
CAS listed the 34 players on its website, which is a breach of the WADA code so they removed it very quickly  ;D

AND BTW on this site, the list stays removed  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3518 on: May 13, 2015, 07:09:19 AM »
CAS listed the 34 players on its website, which is a breach of the WADA code so they removed it very quickly  ;D

Nothing surprising in it anyway WP.......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3519 on: May 13, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »

Nothing surprising in it anyway WP.......

I know

25 of them at the presser they did after the not guilty announcement gave it all away

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3520 on: May 13, 2015, 12:34:43 PM »
Then some equally delusional bomber supporter rang up and asked if the players are found guilty by WADA do the AFL have to enforce the penalties (suspensions)

Well yeah moron they do because the AFL is signatory to the WADA code..

I thought that was the case as well but I also read that the AFL doesn't have to follow the bans because they can say that they found them innocent. Not sure if that's true but interesting to hear it's been said a few times

dwaino

« Reply #3521 on: May 13, 2015, 12:37:32 PM »
It's correct that the AFL don't have to enforce any sanctions by WADA but they would sacrifice a lot of integrity (whatever there is left) in doing so.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3522 on: May 13, 2015, 01:13:59 PM »
It's correct that the AFL don't have to enforce any sanctions by WADA but they would sacrifice a lot of integrity (whatever there is left) in doing so.

I've always been of the understanding that because the AFL are a signatory to the WADA code they must follow the rules and as such any penalties imposed by WADA

But will stand corrected if that is not the case

dwaino

« Reply #3523 on: May 13, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »
That's only as long as they are a signatory. I just meant literally speaking. I can't see the AFL removing itself and drawing up its own code. That just wouldn't be a good look, and image how bad it would look if this happened again and they dealt with it in house, again. There would be no path of appeal for the plaintiff then either.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #3524 on: May 13, 2015, 09:13:16 PM »
That's only as long as they are a signatory. I just meant literally speaking. I can't see the AFL removing itself and drawing up its own code. That just wouldn't be a good look, and image how bad it would look if this happened again and they dealt with it in house, again. There would be no path of appeal for the plaintiff then either.

The AFL actually resisted signing with WADA until the very last moment and only the threat of a loss of any government funding forced its hand.

I'd say it was for this very reason, they don't want other agencies having the power to make game changing decisions.

The AFL tribunal set the bar too high when it came to comfortable satisfaction. Gerard Whateley said they would have found Lance Armstrong innocent with their interpretation.

I now think that the players are stuffed.

Lance Armstrong confessed and even before that they had witnesses who were confessing to being involved in the same doping program and naming Armstrong as a participant.

Think about this.

You go to a pub and order light beers so you can safely drive home. It turns out that the bartender you are trusting to serve your drinks likes to lace them with vodka, but he claims it is non-alcoholic vodka. The orders for it aren't clear either way.

You weren't breathalysed on the night and there is no evidence to say that you ever consumed any vodka at all.

If the cops came around 3 years later and suspended your licence for 2 years I reckon you would be dirty.

I have hated Essendon all my life but if these players are suspended it is a disgrace.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...