Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 553851 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
if they didnt have anything to hide.
We walk the players across the road for injections and why have players waver rights ?
Story blew up a week before xmas.
Amazing how its come out 8 weeks later'
Thanks Kyle Riemers :thumbsup

Think it was doing the rounds well before Christmas, Jack.  Media might not have been able to run with it until now but the AFL knew well before that and so did many others.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/weapon-targeted.978571/

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2013, 09:33:20 AM »
I'm loving this. Lapping up the tears on bummer blitz http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66590&st=60

edit: actually, start that thread from the start. It's fun reading their casual jest suddenly turn into meltdown.

:lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »
Just a thought.....
The bombers were up and about early last season then had "injury troubles" and the team lost form.
I think at one stage they had over 10 players sidelined.

I wonder if they were really injured just the same as I wonder if Lance Armstrong really had cancer.

Was it an alleged coverup of something far more serious than soft tissue injuries?

Just asking.....

Whatever it is all I know that this is huge & the AFL will be pooting themselves.
The club that keeps giving.

Rampstar

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2013, 10:05:43 AM »
KB reckons Essendon are a dead club if these allegations are proven to be true.

dwaino

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2013, 10:15:37 AM »
KB reckons Essendon are a dead club if these allegations are proven to be true.

The best part is they aren't allegations  ;D it's them fessing up and admitting they've administered their players a particular substance. It's now up to whatever authorities to determine if what the substances contained were legal or not. Looking back at the rules that MT posted earlier in the thread, it doesn't have to be specifically HGH itself, but just having the same effect is also illegal. Then Roger whatshisface, who is some kind of sports lawyer and former worker of ASADA and the UK anti-doping mob, said last night on 10 news that ignorance is not accepted. Whether the players test positive or not (which they probably won't as HGH drugs can't be detected after 2 hours from administering) is irrelevant as the club has already told ASADA what they have given their players.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride  ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2013, 10:32:13 AM »
so ASADA need to discover the following

1) What was the supplement they were taking and what was in it?
2) Who supplied it?
3) How was it administered – injection, IV etc
4) Which players took it

you would think if Essendon were being legit in putting their hand up that most of that would be quickly revealed – unless they actually know nothing, in which case they are a complete rabble and the Prez, CEO, GM of Football & Coach need to walk

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »
the stench will get stronger as they delve a bit deeper
as for the heirachy not knowing please what do they
take us for..of course they knew. :thumbsup

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »
Agreed roger but honestly imagine if they didnt

That actually makes it worse that such a pathetic organization as they are can be that dumb.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
Why hire someone who dubs themselves "The Weapon"?
Immediate alarm bells should've sounded that this guy was a 24 carot knob jockey.
The Weapon is The Tool
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 12:20:47 PM »
ESSENDON players could be called in front of an independent anti-doping tribunal if the supplements the club admitted they were taking are proved to be performance enhancing, former ASADA chairman Richard Ings says.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-06/dons-players-legal-threat

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013, 12:23:37 PM »
Immediate alarm bells should've sounded that this guy was a 24 carot knob jockey.
The Weapon is The Tool

On the contrary, the weapon is a  legend in my eyes.

gets hired on a million dollar contract
comes in tears every ones hamstring, derailing their whole season
spreads the juice around
then gets the arse but will walk away with a big big payout
thus making Essendon FC the biggest joke in the AFL

weapon=LEGEND
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
Ban the club

Strip the jobe

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »
So a former sports club where Dank worked at previously was investigated before over supplement injections.

It comes as former Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority head Richard Ings said that if he was associated with an AFL club, he would not have hired Steven Dank, the former Essendon sports science head.

"Sport is all about integrity. It's not just the actual integrity but the perception of integrity and these are types of programs which simply push the boundaries; they push the limits and it's really up to clubs to do their own due diligence about the people they're employing," Ings told radio station SEN.

It is believed that the supplements referred to are peptides administered by injection. Peptides are a compound made up of amino-acid molecules.

Ings said on Wednesday that his assessment of Dank was based on a period when Dank worked at the Manly NRL club.

He said of an ASADA investigation into calf blood treatment – where Manly players had a supplement containing calves' blood injected – "it did highlight a tendency by some clubs to push the boundaries and take risks and it would appear that risks have been taken in this particular case [involving Essendon]".

"I do get very nervous when they throw the innocent term 'supplement' out there - you don't call ASADA if you're dealing with a simple supplement," he said.

The club has suspended its former head of conditioning Dean Robinson. Dank worked under Robinson.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essendon-bombers/dons-may-have-been-forced-into-drugs-reveal-20130206-2dxbo.html?skin=text-only

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »
I for one, am loving this.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »
The Weapon is The Tool

I dunno Y&B, the hirer called itself "The War Machine" so hiring "The Weapon" seems a good fit to me.  Of course, turns out The War Machine couldn't fight it's way out of a soggy paper bag of runny custard and The Weapon was a blunt pair of plastic scissors but I'm sure they all meant well.

God I'm loving this.    :dancing :dogdance :highclap :veryhappy  :woohoo :ROTFL