Author Topic: Injury update 2013  (Read 38778 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Injury update 2013
« on: February 09, 2013, 11:26:10 PM »
Richmond

At this stage, the only Tiger likely to be unavailable in round one is Nathan Foley (achilles), although he has progressed to running on the track. With players such as Jack Riewoldt (hip), Troy Chaplin (knee) and Ivan Maric (groin) on the cusp of joining in all of training, and Jake King (knee) and Dylan Grimes (hamstring) progressing well and running unimpeded, the Tigers' NAB Cup squad is likely to be rotated. With up to eight new Tigers to be tried against the Indigenous All Stars, expect them to use a mix of youth and experience across the pre-season competition.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-09/afl-club-injury-update

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Injury update 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:03:48 AM »
I stilll don't think the injured players will have the fitness required to play games out until about roud 5, could hamper us in round 1. Anyway at least they are on their way back.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »
I stilll don't think the injured players will have the fitness required to play games out until about roud 5, could hamper us in round 1. Anyway at least they are on their way back.

They shouldn't be that far behind, you'd hope. They should be doing enough to not lose to much of a fitness base. But I guess it depends when they get into full running. If everyone is in full training before our NAB cup (apart from Foley) they should be good for Round 1

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:50:33 PM »
I was thinking that Lonegan would be elevated to cover Foley while he recovered early in the year but then I heard Lonegan was injured too. Is this correct? Who took the inside mid role in the second part of the year? Was it Conca?

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »
I was thinking that Lonegan would be elevated to cover Foley while he recovered early in the year but then I heard Lonegan was injured too. Is this correct? Who took the inside mid role in the second part of the year? Was it Conca?

Don't think it was Conca.
He played most games from the start till he missed the last 3 with a broken bone in the foot.

Dea came in for round 11 and played most of the rest.
Same with O'Hanlon.
Helbig came in from round 19 to 23.
White came back in late for 19-22.

So Dea and O'Hanlon covered for Foley (or rather Foley's replacement, Jackson?) .
Helbig and White covered for Conca.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »
Richmond

INJURY LIST
Dylan Grimes (hamstring) 2-4 weeks
Nathan Foley (Achilles) 6-8 weeks
David Astbury (foot) 2-3 weeks

THE Tigers have only two first-choice players on the injury list and are talking positively about both playing early in the season. The club says it is delighted by the success of Grimes’ latest hamstring surgery and the injury-cursed defender is back in full training – but well short of match practice. Foley has started sprinting but will be carefully managed. Damien Hardwick says he will be available for selection “about Round 5-7”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/see-which-of-your-clubs-stars-are-on-track-to-play-in-round-1/story-e6frf9jf-1226597137606

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
Injury Update - 21/03/2013

RICHMOND
David Astbury (foot) – 1-2 weeks
Nathan Foley (Achilles) – 4-6 weeks
Dylan Grimes (hamstring) – available

Summary: "[Foley and Grimes] are tracking well, although they definitely won’t play round one. Nathan is back to his previous best sprint work. We've just got to make sure we manage his loads and get him up and going. He'll probably be back about round five to seven, somewhere around there. Dylan is training full-time with the group now, and we've just got to make sure we get some game time into him." – coach Damien Hardwick (from Fox Sports).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-21/injury-list-round-one

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »

RICHMOND

Summary: "[Foley and Grimes] are tracking well, although they definitely won’t play round one. Nathan is back to his previous best sprint work. We've just got to make sure we manage his loads and get him up and going. He'll probably be back about round five to seven, somewhere around there. Dylan is training full-time with the group now, and we've just got to make sure we get some game time into him." – coach Damien Hardwick (from Fox Sports).

Or here http://www.richmondfc.com.au/season/injury-list

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 11:57:44 AM »

RICHMOND

Grimes a smokey for round 2?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 12:50:57 PM »
Is there a game Grimes can play in this week???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »

I hope so WAT as long as its not Twister at Ivan's place. Imagine trying to get to green left foot with that big bugger in play.  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »

Yes Coburg has a practice match

RFC have to get permission for him to play but seeing he hasn't played then NAB cup and only played 1 praccy game from Coburg then he'd get permission
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 02:42:27 AM »
RICHMOND

David Astbury (foot) test

Nathan Foley (Achilles) 2-4 weeks

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-injury-list-ahead-of-round-two-20130402-2h56s.html#ixzz2PJyIIcfL

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »
Foley could be back in a fortnight?  That depth  :o :shh

And yay we can ease him back at Coburg playing a half, 3/4 full game before rushing him back unlike previous times he got injured.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 01:06:08 PM »
Great news. Might have a full list to choose from in a couple of weeks