Author Topic: Activism  (Read 1822 times)

Ruanaidh

Activism
« on: February 24, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »
I thought I'd start a thread with this topic as a header due to the fact conspiracies issues are often interwoven......and activism implies an intention to explore and mobilise against root causes. Anyway, I'll start with this offering:

http://www.theglobalistreport.com/top-ten-documentaries-every-activist-must-watch/

dwaino

Re: Activism
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »
I've seen most of those. The entire Zeigeist series (3 movies isn't it? With the latest being a recap) is essential viewing. Another I can't recommend enough is Loose Change. It might have been produced by Alex Jones, and while some of the predictions didn't (or haven't yet) come to fruition, it's very important to understand why authority must be questioned and there are those at the top with their own sinister intentions.

It's a topic you can't really summarise in a few paragraphs, but it's a subject I've long been interested in.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:31:08 PM »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:09:54 PM »
I've seen most of those. The entire Zeigeist series (3 movies isn't it? With the latest being a recap) is essential viewing. Another I can't recommend enough is Loose Change. It might have been produced by Alex Jones, and while some of the predictions didn't (or haven't yet) come to fruition, it's very important to understand why authority must be questioned and there are those at the top with their own sinister intentions.

It's a topic you can't really summarise in a few paragraphs, but it's a subject I've long been interested in.

dwaino, I too am a huge fan of the zeitgeist trilogy. Religion to finance to 911, all very thought provoking. Loose change and false flag are also interesting viewing.
I'm sick of being called a 'Truther" just because I challenge some of the drivel that gets spat out by governments as so called fact. But I am selective about what i choose to challenge.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:48 PM »
Looks like I have some fellow travellers on this forum. That's a relief. I am in the habit of making data DVD's for any interested parties containing: The Zeitgeist movies, Money as Debt, Caesar's Messiah and Loose Change. There are a variety of what I call 'mind snares' permeating our consciousness that need to be overcome before you can see reality as it really is..........and not the product of 'fairy tales' we have been told from birth that form the cage within which we are enslaved............as in Plato's allegory, The Cave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-DRdTsnbr0

By the way anything by the Great Joseph Campbell (mythologist) is fascinating reading/viewing. I have a view of the unknown/unknowable facets of reality that he sums up beautifully in the following quote:

"God is a metaphor for a mystery that absolutely transcends all human categories of thought, even the categories of being and non-being. Those are categories of thought. I mean it's as simple as that. So it depends on how much you want to think about it. Whether it's doing you any good. Whether it is putting you in touch with the mystery that's the ground of your own being. If it isn't, well, it's a lie. So half the people in the world are religious people who think that their metaphors are facts. Those are what we call theists. The other half are people who know that the metaphors are not facts. And so, they're lies. Those are the atheists."

If you take the time to tear down the paradigms that sustain a person's psychological/spiritual equilibrium you should be honest regarding your position.....and if
that position sustains you it is only fair to impart that information to others. Therefore I always follow up the DVD's with information that helped me after I 'woke up'. The works of Psychiatrists Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud and Psychologist Michael Newton. I found that this information helped me to understand the way my mind operates, it's sub-conscious predilections and it's infinite potential.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:11:46 PM by Ruanaidh »

Ruanaidh

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:17:38 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIUf2hD6Io

;D
Brilliant :thumbsup.....The Great Bill Hicks once said: "All Marketers should kill themselves...no really". I'd add bankers to that list - at least those that are usurious.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:30:10 PM »
Did you see the Derryn Brown series on telly just recently.

The way he made someone have a religious experience was amazing!

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 08:32:42 PM »

Ruanaidh

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
I have been watching Derryn Brown for many years now. I personally believe that he is working covertly and overtly to inform us collectively of the tricks used to skew our perceptions. He definitely has a political 'edge'. He is a fantastic entertainer and teacher. Oh.....and yes I have seen his latest Specials. Al, if you get a chance check-out: "The Experiments". 

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »
Looks like I have some fellow travellers on this forum. That's a relief. I am in the habit of making data DVD's for any interested parties containing: The Zeitgeist movies, Money as Debt, Caesar's Messiah and Loose Change. There are a variety of what I call 'mind snares' permeating our consciousness that need to be overcome before you can see reality as it really is..........and not the product of 'fairy tales' we have been told from birth that form the cage within which we are enslaved............as in Plato's allegory, The Cave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-DRdTsnbr0

By the way anything by the Great Joseph Campbell (mythologist) is fascinating reading/viewing. I have a view of the unknown/unknowable facets of reality that he sums up beautifully in the following quote:

"God is a metaphor for a mystery that absolutely transcends all human categories of thought, even the categories of being and non-being. Those are categories of thought. I mean it's as simple as that. So it depends on how much you want to think about it. Whether it's doing you any good. Whether it is putting you in touch with the mystery that's the ground of your own being. If it isn't, well, it's a lie. So half the people in the world are religious people who think that their metaphors are facts. Those are what we call theists. The other half are people who know that the metaphors are not facts. And so, they're lies. Those are the atheists."

If you take the time to tear down the paradigms that sustain a person's psychological/spiritual equilibrium you should be honest regarding your position.....and if
that position sustains you it is only fair to impart that information to others. Therefore I always follow up the DVD's with information that helped me after I 'woke up'. The works of Psychiatrists Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud and Psychologist Michael Newton. I found that this information helped me to understand the way my mind operates, it's sub-conscious predilections and it's infinite potential.

Very interesting thoughts R. I personally believe that Religions of all forms are collectives brought together in an effort to maintain some form of social order. They create an entity that is invincible and untouchable and this entity supposedly creates a book of rules by which all god fearing people must abide by. You can't kill, overthrow or depose an entity who is unseen or untouchable can you??
 Now I find it very odd that someone who has been at the top of the best seller list for centuries is yet to appear for at least one book signing. The old testament was supposed to be rules laid out directly from God, yet it has been mankind who over time has contorted these rules to suit our own worldly desires. People have also been killing in the name of God for Centuries?? Yet the first commandment was Thou shalt not kill???  Anyone with a direct line to God were probably hearing "ummm hello?? Hello??? People I created??? you are killing when I said not to...I didn't ask you to kill for me.....Hello...Your not listening....Oh stuff it! St Peter lets go get a crepe."

I found the movie "The Book of Eli" to be a very interesting film as he who had the book, also had the power over the people and the ability to maintain a form of social order that transcends any mortal or mad made weapon.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:34:09 PM »
You should have a look at Acharya S publications and essays  Tiga. I'm sure you would appreciate them:
Truthbeknown.com

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »
Thanks Ruanaidh, I'll check them out. Just finished reading "Batavia" so I'm up for some good reading.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »
It's all well and good being a polemicist but you also need  to build a vision of a future if/when the toxic crap we live in is torn down.......So, to that end I supply some interesting alternatives:

http://www.squarefootgardening.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcVrVA4bSQ

http://tinyhouseblog.com/tag/australia/

Ruanaidh

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
Project Censored peeling back some of the veil:

http://www.projectcensored.org/category/top-25-of-2013/

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 09:01:08 PM »
Essedon fans march against something James Hird is splendid.

time and date as yet unknown (to me)