Author Topic: Richmond and Carlton won't make the Eight says Matty Lloyd  (Read 2540 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond and Carlton won't make the Eight says Matty Lloyd
« on: February 25, 2013, 07:20:47 PM »
"Until I see Richmond play in a final I won't be tipping them to make the Eight. I don't have them finishing ninth either. Carlton won't make it either." - Matty Lloyd on 3aw tonight.

And yes surprise surprise Lloyd does have his beloved Bombers making the finals.

For the record Dwayne Russell reckons we will make the finals and we will finish above both Essendon and Carlton. Loves our midfield especially the top end, thinks Jack is up and about already based on last Friday night, Chaplin will be a good addition down back, and he likes the look of Vlastuin.

dwaino

Re: Richmond and Carlton won't make the Eight - Matty Lloyd
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »
"Until I see Richmond play in a final I won't be tipping them to make the Eight. I don't have them finishing ninth either. Carlton won't make it either." - Matty Lloyd on 3aw tonight.

Can be said about any club, even Essendon. Essendon may not even be playing for points by the end of the season anyway   :shh

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond and Carlton won't make the Eight says Matty Lloyd
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
I think is a 50:50 that any of up to 8 clubs may play off in finals or miss out. Having said that, Matty Lloyd is a tool - always has his mouth open like a gold fish, even when he's not talking. Makes me want to throw a ping pong ball at his head
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »
I think is a 50:50 that any of up to 8 clubs may play off in finals or miss out. Having said that, Matty Lloyd is a tool - always has his mouth open like a gold fish, even when he's not talking. Makes me want to throw a ping pong ball at his head

spot on HRT, on both points

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:26:22 PM »

:lol

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
My old man always said that he reckons Lloyd was performing stuff and the wind changed.

Rampstar

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »

those clowns used to give me the shiz when I was a toddler. At Rosebud Carnival they had the dodgems but my parents wouldnt allow 2 yo Ramps to go in and crash and bash, instead I had to stick the ping pong balls down the gulletts of these muppet clowns trying to win some crappy little soft toy. Never won anything, the mangy turds always gave me the shiz coz I never won nothing. As far as Im concerned these clowns can all go and get stuffed. I wanna drive on the dodgems  ;D

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:37:39 PM »
Someone's on the turps again  :shh , at least Lloyd has a hole in one waiting...
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 05:15:10 PM »

those clowns used to give me the shiz when I was a toddler. At Rosebud Carnival they had the dodgems but my parents wouldnt allow 2 yo Ramps to go in and crash and bash, instead I had to stick the ping pong balls down the gulletts of these muppet clowns trying to win some pooty little soft toy. Never won anything, the mangy turds always gave me the shiz coz I never won nothing. As far as Im concerned these clowns can all go and get stuffed. I wanna drive on the dodgems  ;D

Rosebud or Rye?

You werent one of those ehthnics all bronzed up in oil were you Ramps?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 06:33:18 PM »

I just formed a mental picture!   :o

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:40:05 PM »
I would love to know what he bases that decision on. At lease Russell had some backup points.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »
I would love to know what he bases that decision on. At lease Russell had some backup points.
A caller mentioned we beat both Grand Finalists last year and we were competitive throughout the season. Lloyd replied we lost to bottom sides as well (eg: Gold Coast) and that we're too inconsistent for his liking. 

Rampstar

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 10:51:40 PM »

those clowns used to give me the shiz when I was a toddler. At Rosebud Carnival they had the dodgems but my parents wouldnt allow 2 yo Ramps to go in and crash and bash, instead I had to stick the ping pong balls down the gulletts of these muppet clowns trying to win some pooty little soft toy. Never won anything, the mangy turds always gave me the shiz coz I never won nothing. As far as Im concerned these clowns can all go and get stuffed. I wanna drive on the dodgems  ;D

Rosebud or Rye?

You werent one of those ehthnics all bronzed up in oil were you Ramps?

Back in the really old days that were the 1970s my parents use to take me and my brother to the Rosebud one which was a smaller and less popular carnival than the Rye one (I was only about 2 or 3 at the time. The Rye Carnival got my attention a little bit later o HAHAHA. Plenty of good times down on the peninsula and some not so good including one night at Rye when I jumped onto the Pirate Ship and then spent the next 3 hours spewing my guts out.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 12:07:36 AM »
A caller mentioned we beat both Grand Finalists last year and we were competitive throughout the season. Lloyd replied we lost to bottom sides as well (eg: Gold Coast) and that we're too inconsistent for his liking.

The man has a point, I mean Essendon showed real consistency when the lost 8 games in a row.

They also beat Melbourne.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 06:04:50 AM »
The man has a point, I mean Essendon showed real consistency when the lost 8 games in a row.

They also beat Melbourne.

;D