Author Topic: Rudd come back  (Read 3854 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Rudd come back
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »
A pox on both their houses >:( I'll be voting for Julian Assanges party.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 12:15:46 PM »

Rudd has said "that there are no circumstances under which he will return to the Labor Party leadership in the future."

Well, Gillard has now got clear air in the lead up to the election.

Now all she has to do is convert the morons out there that believe Tony Abbott's BS.

:cheers

Rudd renounces Labor leadership ambitions

Former prime minister Kevin Rudd has issued a statement ruling out ever being Labor leader again.

Mr Rudd decided not to run in yesterday's abortive Labor leadership spill, leaving Prime Minister Julia Gillard to be re-elected unopposed.

This morning a statement was posted on Mr Rudd's website, conceding that his leadership hopes were now over.

"Mr Rudd has said consistently over the last 12 months that he would not challenge for the Labor leadership and that he would contest the next election as a local member of Parliament at the next election. That position has not changed," the statement from a spokesperson said.

"Furthermore, Mr Rudd wishes to make 100 per cent clear to all members of the parliamentary Labor Party, including his own supporters, that there are no circumstances under which he will return to the Labor Party leadership in the future."
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

dwaino

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »
I wish free agency existed in politics. Then we could get this bloke

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »
Its a cert that the Libs will win by default. I was hoping that Abbott would have stepped aside for Malcolm Turnbull but unfortunately that has not eventuated. I guess the Libs are going for consistency in the lead up to the election. It might take a year or two but I am predicting that Turnbull will at some stage become Prime Minister.  :thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 05:05:24 PM »
Its a cert that the Libs will win by default. I was hoping that Abbott would have stepped aside for Malcolm Turnbull but unfortunately that has not eventuated. I guess the Libs are going for consistency in the lead up to the election. It might take a year or two but I am predicting that Turnbull will at some stage become Prime Minister.  :thumbsup

Turnbull won't be leader of the Liberal party. Support for a ETS/Carbon tax that Turnbull lost his leadership over for supporting has decreased in the party.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 05:17:06 PM »

Turnbull won't be leader of the Liberal party. Support for a ETS/Carbon tax that Turnbull lost his leadership over for supporting has decreased in the party.

You watch Tony A come out after/if he wins the election and say it's too hard to repeal the Carbon tax.

:banghead
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »

You watch Tony A come out after/if he wins the election and say it's too hard to repeal the Carbon tax.

:banghead

He'll repeal it if he can get the votes in the senate which would most likely mean ALP have to vote along with the repeal. The claim he won't attempt to repeal it is just labor nonsense. Tony will be running a campaign on trust and pointing especially to Gillard's broken promise on having no carbon tax. He and the lib party MP's have seen first hand how damaging that broken promise has been to Gillard and her government so I don't think he'll make the same mistake. Now whether they'll(libs) keep to all their political commitments on  new spending projects is a different matter. I will say though is it sounds like the budget is a mess and we can't keep borrowing forever as much as Swan believe's we can.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 09:52:36 PM »

Ah the great unwashed speaks.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »

so because he opposes same sex marriage that makes him a sexist. Give me a break.

Hold on minute daniel you were the one who said that because he is surrounded by women and has sister who is lesbian he isn't sexist.

I turned the argument back the other way and pointed out the things you raised didn't mean he wasn't a sexist.

His history with comments he has made on certain issues plus his record when he was Health Minister suggests he holds at the very least some very archaic views on womens issues.

The biggest issue that I have with Abbott and continue to have with him is inability to separate this religious beliefs with his role as a politician. He has to be able to separate but he either can't or won't

Do I think he is sexist? On certain things yes on other things no.

What is a concern is his current attempts to try and convince folks he isn't sexist or has a problem with women. Why now? An election coming up and it seems he will do anything to become PM even it would seem doing 360s on certain issues and then say it was because of errors in judgement in the past.

Using your own criteria daniel he sounds like another political leader who you describe as selfish

Your hatred for the Liberal party and Tony Abbott is blinding you from the truth. I cant remember a worst prime minister than her. I am 36, maybe there were worse but in my time no one comes close. 

Well being older I can say i've seen worse but that's just my opinion based on how tough it was for my mum raising us when my father died.

I don't hate the Liberal party actually have applauded them over time for certain policies the implemented.

Just like I applaud the current govt for some things they have done especially the NDIS which is IMHO is the single most important legislation in this nation of the last 20 years.

Hopefully you wont let your blind hatred of all things Gillard let you deny its significance

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 11:15:33 PM »

Just like I applaud the current govt for some things they have done especially the NDIS which is IMHO is the single most important legislation in this nation of the last 20 years.

Hopefully you wont let your blind hatred of all things Gillard let you deny its significance

WP you do know the NDIS(DisabilityCare) has bipartisan support and Gillard is only implementing trails. The issue of on-going funding hasn't been worked out yet which is a very important aspect for the scheme.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:39:18 PM by tiger101 »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 08:29:01 AM »

WP you do know the NDIS(DisabilityCare) has bipartisan support and Gillard is only implementing trails. The issue of on-going funding hasn't been worked out yet which is a very important aspect for the scheme.

It may have bi-partisian support now but that doesnt change who introduced it. It was never a coalition policy or on their agenda. Secondly, let's see if it remains if there is a change of govt

Also my point was in part it is a good policy, important legislation and despite all the negativity and sooking that we hear about this govt not having done anything but hopeless things I think it is fair to say that this is something they have got very right!
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 03:29:59 PM »
Politicians of all color are full of it.John Howard said there will never be a GST,Gillard said the same of a carbon tax,further afield the president of cyprus said that he would never introduce the deposit tax(prior to his recent election).
They will say and do anything to get elected...its just the way it is

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 06:02:03 PM »
Politicians of all color are full of it.John Howard said there will never be a GST,Gillard said the same of a carbon tax,further afield the president of cyprus said that he would never introduce the deposit tax(prior to his recent election).
They will say and do anything to get elected...its just the way it is

Howard changed his mind on the GST and took it to a election before implementing it.

I'm sure the President doesn't want the Cyprus banking system to collapse over night. In the negotiations with ECB over the funding for the banks he doesn't hold any cards.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
Labor are a disgrace, compare well to The Demons

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 09:00:20 AM »

Ah the great unwashed speaks.

That's not very nice.

Tiger101, I'd close your Bathroom curtains if I were you because somebody may be paying a little too much attention to your hygiene routines.