Author Topic: Non-Richmond Games 2013  (Read 63860 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond Games 2013
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2013, 02:04:23 AM »
Did anyone else see Fox Footy cut to the Adelaide rooms at half time and Ricky Henderson playing with his wang?  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2013, 02:31:43 AM »
Did anyone else see Fox Footy cut to the Adelaide rooms at half time and Ricky Henderson playing with his wang?  :lol

:lol I was flicking between both (as in the games) but didn't notice anything. Sure you were watching the footy?  ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2013, 08:32:12 AM »
I feel very sorry for Mark Neeld but he made one huge mistake when he took the demons job and that is that he took the job in the first place. At Richmond we may have been rabble for  the best part of 3 decades but Richmond is Richmond. Richmond FC is a huge club the rewards huge for the bloke who wins our next flag as coach. What was in it for Neeld at Melbourne? I didnt think his pre match address was poor he simply asked for what most of us ask for from ourselves in our lives - to show some respect to ourselves in how we go about it, to show respect to the people around us, to have a fair dinkum go in life and give it our best. His players are a disgrace. They showed no pride, no respect for themselves or their teammates or their coaches. For me the problem at Melbourne is that they have no leadership. Who is running that club? Has the President ever been in a successful sporting environment? Cameron Schwab has never been involved in a flag as a CEO. Neeld was only ever just a player, not a premiership in sight. They recruited Rawlings and Craig - good blokes but wheres the success.
I remember about 4 years ago we were at the same level as the Demons but we had worse draft picks so in effect we were in a much worse position. Where we have succeeded is with the appointments, first of Hardwick and Gale and then the likes of Blair Hartley. Frank Jackson has started to get his selections right and we are away. Melbourne instead are recruiting like flogs, so reminiscent of us when we were chucking out first round selections for the likes of Rory Hilton and Craig Biddiscombe. Anyway I think Melbourne are gone as a club they should try and merge with North Melbourne.

As for us we should  try and save Jack Viney. The kid deserves better in his footy life. He would be much happier in a yellow and black jumper playing infront of the Tiger Army.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2013, 08:46:02 AM »
Good post Ramps and couldn't agree more, the players are the real disgrace combined with recruiting of pea heart players

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2013, 09:32:41 AM »
Good post Ramps.
I for one will not revel in another clubs self destruction as this has been the plight of Richmond supporters for years. ( unless of coarse it's the cheating scum!  ;D )
It's terrible to see a team so non competitive and disinterested.

The fish rots from the head!.
Schwab has to go.
They can do with a whole clean out in fact. 

Sometimes all it takes is one person to identify the stain of mediocrity that is throughout the club and start fixing the cultural issues first.

It takes someone to stand up and lead he club with clear vision for the future.

B Gale had a vision that might have been outrageous when he first mooted it but he had a bold plan and a mission on how to achieve it. His vision doesn't look so unbelievable now. 

I bet they're kicking themselves they didn't bring Sheedy into the club.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2013, 09:57:27 AM »

:lol I was flicking between both (as in the games) but didn't notice anything. Sure you were watching the footy?  ;D

No joke at half time the cut to the Crows rooms and Henderson walks into camera pulls his pants down and starts playing with it. Fox left it on the screen for a good 5 seconds.  :lol

Funniest part was the previous image was of the Crows running around on the ground so it was obviously a replay that they felt was appropriate to put on.   :lol :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »

Yep, had made it to YouTube last night but can't find it now

Got it out and had a good look at it  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »
It wouldn't have mattered who coached Melbourne.  I know I've banged on about it ad nauseum in the past and some on here poo-pah the presence or value of culture in a club but Melbourne bred a culture of cheating and taking shortcuts over a number of years and the current outcome was never going to be any different.  We are prime examples of culture change bringing about real change.  Back in the 80's we had an arrogance about us that was breathtaking in it's scope, if not unsustainable in the modern day.  We assumed the 'right to rule' as if it was born to us and all we needed to do was no more than turn up each season with our fat wallets and our God-given inheritance would remain intact.  Well, history shows that the attitude was a cancerous culture that permeated every minute corner of the club and it has taken many failed attempts, false starts, return trips to rehab and just plain old turns of luck before we got a group of hard-working and committed people in charge of our club who actually invested themselves (not just their egos) in making change.  And that change has taken us 8 years already and is still nowhere near complete!

Other clubs have tanked in the past, most for a crucial few games in a single season and then reaped the immediate rewards as they addressed a need and got on with the business of winning.  Good luck to them.  Melbourne however took it to another level and tanked for a number of years, always chasing the next clutch of prized draft picks in the belief that more must be better.  The only other clubs I can remember that had such a cheating culture for such a long period were Carlton and Essendon.  Carlton cheated the cap and paid the price for many years.  Even now, they pay the price with membership levels lower than they should be, supporters less loyal than they should be, team success less than it should be and a reputation that has not recovered and won't do so for many years yet.  Essendon cheated the cap through the 90's, got caught at the turn of the century and after their 2000 flag they haven't won since, with the club being embroiled in a number of controversies since.  And in that time their power base has gradually eroded and they are still mired in controversy and uncertainty.  A negative outcome from the ASADA enquiry will see them trashed as a club for many more years to come.

Some people say that culture is not tangible, not measurable and in the long run not really that important but I believe differently.  Culture embraces many things - attitude, respect, effort, teamwork among them - and it is the very cornerstone that underpins the long term viability and success of a football club.  When positive attitude becomes second nature, when respect is earned and given unconditionally, when best effort happens all the time, when teamwork is woven into the fabric of the club from the president to the bootstudder, then you have a club that will succeed and succeed often over many years.  Whether we like it or not, this is the modern way, not the way of years past with no salary cap, no draft, inequeal zones and a league run by a few powerful presidents instead of an independent commission.  And that makes club culture so much more important in the modern era - you can't buy premierships any more, you can't vote yourself an advantage any more, you can't thumb your nose at your opponents any more.  Culture beats these hands down, every day.

So it is no surprise to me to see Melbourne where they are and it isn't Neeld's fault or Craig's fault or even the players fault individually, it is a natural consequence of putting cheating over culture.  I wonder how many of those Demon supporters that chortled as they sang their song when McMahon kicked that winning goal are still chortling today?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2013, 10:00:22 AM »
Anyone else see a bit of Cale Morton in Jimmy Toumpas? Soft as butter. Only difference is Cale used to actually rack up the possies in his early days.

gerkin greg

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »
North 35pts up on the Cats at half-time: 75 - 40.

dwaino

« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2013, 03:29:16 PM »
n0rf chokers.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2013, 03:50:01 PM »
Catters came back and won it 112-108

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »
Skataboner Spirit right there giving up a 6 goal half time lead. :lol :rollin :lol
Sydney in Sydney next week.Ouch.
Good for us makes awin against the Dogs more imperative to maintain a gap on a competitor in terms of a to 8 finals spot.

dwaino

« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »
Inb4 Scott has a whinge about the roof.