Author Topic: Non-Richmond Games 2013  (Read 63637 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond Games 2013
« Reply #285 on: May 11, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »
Darn Pies coming back against Freo, they are such an over rated side

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2013, 10:12:49 PM »
Darn Pies coming back against Freo, they are such an over rated side
Gawn. Freo win by 27.
We have replaced Collingwood in the 8. :thumbsup
Hawks in a canter against Sydney.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: May 12, 2013, 01:44:48 AM »
Didn't watch any games tonight. But Sydney look ordinary this year IMO.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
Geelongs new game plan:

It's time to start taking notice.

Since 2011, Chris Scott has been trying to develop a different approach to winning games.
The one stat that I noticed that is the most surprising to me is the clearances. Geelong sits 18th so far this year on clearance averages per game and having an average of approx. 8 clearances less than there opposition despite winning every single game this year.
Last year paints a similar picture with the cats having an average 4 less clearances than their opponent.
In there premiership year in 2011 only averaging 36 clearances per game.
The one stat they've dominated in their premiership year was their inside 50 entries averaging 14 more entries per game and this year averaging 8 more than their opposition sitting equal 1st with an average of 60 entries per game.

What is it that Geelong has discovered that other teams haven't?

As well as youth, the cats have recruited Speed.
Cats have some of the quickest players in the league which is working to great advantage with run and spread.
  Players pushing super hard at the second contest to create turnovers whilst not so fussed with the initial clearance they're hunting in numbers beyond the clearance. With numbers at the secondary contest, they can handball their way out of trouble and being so well drilled, their run, spread and with players streaming forward inside 50 for multiple scoring options.  All this, mostly straight down the center corridor.
Its no coincidence then they are the team with the greatest uncontested possession stats and dominating the handballs stats as well. Also dominating scores from turnovers as they did so effectively against Richmond scoring a staggering 15 goals 3 from turnovers.  :banghead

It's important to note that Geelong have always maintained a reserves team, lead by reigning VFL premiership coach Matthew Knights, also currently sitting undefeated this season, they continue to boast a development regime that other teams only dream about replicating having a wealth of talented youngsters that can join the senior group and play the role required for the team. 

The standards are very high at Geelong. A level thats expected by any person that walks through the doors and the onus is on the leaders to help maintain the standard required.
Geelong is truly a well oiled machine.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: May 12, 2013, 01:04:26 PM »
Geelongs new game plan:

It's time to start taking notice.

Since 2011, Chris Scott has been trying to develop a different approach to winning games.
The one stat that I noticed that is the most surprising to me is the clearances. Geelong sits 18th so far this year on clearance averages per game and having an average of approx. 8 clearances less than there opposition despite winning every single game this year.
Last year paints a similar picture with the cats having an average 4 less clearances than their opponent.
In there premiership year in 2011 only averaging 36 clearances per game.
The one stat they've dominated in their premiership year was their inside 50 entries averaging 14 more entries per game and this year averaging 8 more than their opposition sitting equal 1st with an average of 60 entries per game.

What is it that Geelong has discovered that other teams haven't?

As well as youth, the cats have recruited Speed.
Cats have some of the quickest players in the league which is working to great advantage with run and spread.
  Players pushing super hard at the second contest to create turnovers whilst not so fussed with the initial clearance they're hunting in numbers beyond the clearance. With numbers at the secondary contest, they can handball their way out of trouble and being so well drilled, their run, spread and with players streaming forward inside 50 for multiple scoring options.  All this, mostly straight down the center corridor.
Its no coincidence then they are the team with the greatest uncontested possession stats and dominating the handballs stats as well. Also dominating scores from turnovers as they did so effectively against Richmond scoring a staggering 15 goals 3 from turnovers.  :banghead

It's important to note that Geelong have always maintained a reserves team, lead by reigning VFL premiership coach Matthew Knights, also currently sitting undefeated this season, they continue to boast a development regime that other teams only dream about replicating having a wealth of talented youngsters that can join the senior group and play the role required for the team. 

The standards are very high at Geelong. A level thats expected by any person that walks through the doors and the onus is on the leaders to help maintain the standard required.
Geelong is truly a well oiled machine.

14th in tackling too  :shh

dwaino

« Reply #290 on: May 12, 2013, 01:06:30 PM »
David King covered the Cats' game plan in depth last week. He called it the 'ring of pressure.' They don't mind so much losing the hit outs or clearances. They're sitting blokes a meter or two off the stoppage to either strangle the opposition if they lose it or spread if they win it. They were doing something similar last year where they were pressuring the second and third opposition disposal and winning it that way. It's not rocket science, it's just high risk, high reward footy and they have the quality to do it.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #291 on: May 12, 2013, 01:48:06 PM »
David King covered the Cats' game plan in depth last week. He called it the 'ring of pressure.' They don't mind so much losing the hit outs or clearances. They're sitting blokes a meter or two off the stoppage to either strangle the opposition if they lose it or spread if they win it. They were doing something similar last year where they were pressuring the second and third opposition disposal and winning it that way. It's not rocket science, it's just high risk, high reward footy and they have the quality to do it.
Thanks mate. :thumbsup I didn't see it but I like the "ring of pressure" term.
I have heard or read somewhere someone said it was "sling shot" footy as was their speed after winning possession 

It's really interesting to see what methods coaches use during the season only to throw it all out the window once the nitty gritty of finals footy returns and all the good teams just resort back to good old fashioned One on One battle of strength. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #292 on: May 12, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
Adelaide has flogged GWS by 135 pts. Ex-Saint Thomas Lynch kicked 10 goals.

This is where the unevenness of the draw sticks out. Those who play GWS twice basically get a free 4 points ahead of the rest like us who don't.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2013, 04:55:20 PM »
It looks like their would be only around 10k at the MCG for Demons v GC.

gerkin greg

« Reply #294 on: May 12, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
More seagulls than supporters

dwaino

« Reply #295 on: May 12, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
 :lol @ bloke waving white flag

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2013, 01:19:55 AM »

Not sure what was better the man with the white flag or Gerard Healy dropping the C-bomb on National TV. Calling them the Gold C-bomb's  :lol :lol :lol

dwaino

« Reply #297 on: May 13, 2013, 07:41:55 AM »

Not sure what was better the man with the white flag or Gerard Healy dropping the C-bomb on National TV. Calling them the Gold C-bomb's  :lol :lol :lol

:rollin I wasn't sure if I actually heard him say that!!   :lol :lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: May 13, 2013, 12:34:52 PM »

:rollin I wasn't sure if I actually heard him say that!!   :lol :lol
Definitely said it after forgetting Huddo's name. Huddo's reaction is pure gold.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: May 13, 2013, 02:33:28 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5inq32Y1ZQ

not for prudes, your ears may explode.

and the bloke with the white flag;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ0qWP5TLfc
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI