Author Topic: Non-Richmond Games 2013  (Read 63589 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Non-Richmond Games 2013
« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2013, 09:12:38 PM »
I know the Lions have quite a few out but they've been shocking. Seems Voss didn't bother going with a different gameplan without big J.Brown up forward. The Brissy mids are still aimlessly bombing it long. This is a gift of 4pts and % for the Pies.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2013, 09:16:59 PM »
Voss the toss.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2013, 11:03:24 PM »
Tonight will go down as one of the worst Friday night games in ages and not just because it was one sided. The only good thing about it was Simon Black still showing he's all class with the footy in his hands. Brisbane can forget about getting a Friday nighter next year after that display. By the way any Tiger fans who had thoughts that we should chase after Karnezis should watch tonight's game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2013, 11:15:01 PM »
Only positive outside of Black & Zorko I'd take out for the Lions is Harwood, showed a bit

Rest of them were crap

Collingwood were poor as well but their class rose to the top = Pendlebury & Swan
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: May 31, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »
Glad I missed it. W

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2013, 08:36:48 AM »
Agree with WP and MT.  Players that have been touted on here in the past as worth considering:

Karnezis - shocking disposal, no.
Longer - completely outclassed and would need a lot of time, no.
Raines - same old, same old, shocking disposal, no.

While there is some consideration of the players missing for the Lions - Brown, Merrett, Rich, Rockliff, Beams, Leuenberger, Polec among others, and that would have had a significant effect on a (at best) middle of the road side, there was little excuse for the shocking skills and decision-making that was on display.  Yeah, the ball was a bit slippery because it was a bit humid apparently but Collingwood was far more polished in the alien conditions so that excuse only has a short lifespan.  Terrible game to watch but at least I didn't let my heart rule my head in the footy tipping by picking against the feathered fairies - there's a lining on every silver cloud!

dwaino

« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »
Longer is in his second season and I remember when he came out last year he played as a forward and just helped out in the ruck and I thought he looked quite solid early on. Was really out of his league last night playing sole ruck against a seasoned veteran like Jolly. I don't think he'll be going anywhere but IMO would be worth a nibble if there was a chance.

Karnezis was playing as the main forward last night and it didn't really look like it suited him. Played really well as a winger in the NAB Cup, and I guess there has been talk of him since he's out of contract (I think) and his future father in law has something to do with Richmond (I think again lol. I read that from when I occasionally peruse BigFooty). Probably the kind of player we would have looked at a season or two ago but we're past these sorts of top ups now. Would be great to have another AFL body on the list and wouldn't care if we could get it done cheaply but I doubt that would be the case. So I guess pass as well  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: June 01, 2013, 02:28:24 PM »
Longer will be good

Karnezis is poo

Who wanted Raines?  :lol :lol :lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: June 01, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »
Longer will be good

Karnezis is poo

Whoa easy there partner, Raines is finals bound make no mistake about that

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #414 on: June 01, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »
Longer will be good

Karnezis is poo

Whoa easy there partner, Raines is finals bound make no mistake about that
:lol

Carlton are poohouse by the way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #415 on: June 01, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »
GWS have lost their past 4 games by 135, 83, 100 and today by 94. Charity percentage boosters to the teams around us fighting for the last few spots in the top 8 - Adelaide, West Coast and Carlton  :scream.

At least Freo knocked off the Crows playing rugby which helps us.

dwaino

« Reply #416 on: June 01, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
GWS have lost their past 4 games by 135, 83, 100 and today by 94. Charity percentage boosters to the teams around us fighting for the last few spots in the top 8 - Adelaide, West Coast and Carlton  :scream.

inb4 we fall over the line against GWS by 14.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2013, 05:48:07 PM »

inb4 we fall over the line against GWS by 14.

Yep we'll kick the sweep that week kicking 9 23 77 to 10 3 63.
Just like last year win by kicking less goals. Malakies

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »
The way Gold Coast have been dishing it up to Geelong we would be lucky to lose narrowly if the game was being played next week. :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2013, 09:04:47 PM »
The way Gold Coast have been dishing it up to Geelong we would be lucky to lose narrowly if the game was being played next week. :help
I agree Tucky. They have really improved this year especially over the past month. A few of our boys could learn about tackling pressure and getting numbers to the contest from them. If the Suns had taken their opportunities in front of goal they would be in front at half-time.