Author Topic: Non-Richmond Games 2013  (Read 63560 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond Games 2013
« Reply #465 on: June 08, 2013, 10:41:57 PM »
Bluey's comments in yesterdays paper couldn't of been more right and it was proven tonight

GOLD Coast coach Guy McKenna has turned the blowtorch onto the Kangaroos ahead of tomorrow's clash at Metricon Stadium saying his side believed they were fragile after quarter time.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-coach-guy-mckenna-says-north-melbourne-players-are-mentally-fragile-late-in-games/story-fn6pe9hv-1226659357468#

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2013, 10:27:56 AM »
Gold Coast could cost a side a finals spot. We really need to win against them this year.

I'd argue they've just closed the door on Norths season. Only 4 wins for the season and need to win 8 from the last 11 to play finals. Still games to come against Geelong, Hawthorn, Coll, Freo away, West Coast away, Carlton, Essendon and us.

This year they've only beat Brisbane, Port, Bulldogs and St.k.

It probably aint gonna happen   :nope

They are stuffed and they know it.

They'll get us again in Cairns playing like this

This year they win it rather than us losing it

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »
You'll need at least 13 wins this year to make it so no way will North win 9 of their last 11. What's more is the North players know they've blown the season. Petrie last night after the game said their early season losses will come back to bite them. So mentally they are shot.

Mark Stevens on Ch 7 last night said the media heat will come on North now. I'd guess that will depend on whether the Dees get flogged again tomorrow and Melbourne finally sack Neeld this week. In any case, the heat should come on Brad Scott's coaching after allowing McKenzie to roam freely a kick behind the ball for the whole night and not manning him up. He had a shocker as much as his players did.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #468 on: June 09, 2013, 10:50:47 AM »
Every Richmond supporter needs to barrack against WC, Adelaide, Carlton and Collingwood. With spots 6-8, only 3 will make it.

Gigantor

« Reply #469 on: June 09, 2013, 10:52:21 AM »
No arm twisting to barrack against Coll and carlton required..take that as a given

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #470 on: June 09, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
No arm twisting to barrack against Coll and carlton required..take that as a given

Yessir

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: June 09, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »
Gold Coast could cost a side a finals spot. We really need to win against them this year.

I'd argue they've just closed the door on Norths season. Only 4 wins for the season and need to win 8 from the last 11 to play finals. Still games to come against Geelong, Hawthorn, Coll, Freo away, West Coast away, Carlton, Essendon and us.

This year they've only beat Brisbane, Port, Bulldogs and St.k.

It probably aint gonna happen   :nope

They are stuffed and they know it.

They'll get us again in Cairns playing like this

This year they win it rather than us losing it

I didn't mean Gold Coast would move into the top 8 and cost a side a final place. I meant they could beat a team like us which could cost us a place in the 8.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #472 on: June 09, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »
Every Richmond supporter needs to barrack against WC, Adelaide, Carlton and Collingwood. With spots 6-8, only 3 will make it.

Collingwood are home. They'll win their next 5 games minimum. Making them 11-4.

WC will win today and then struggle.

We must beat Adelaide because they will struggle from 5-7.

Carlton will be done in 3 weeks 6-8 with Saints and Norf. Carlton are both their bunnies.  :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #473 on: June 09, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »
You'll need at least 13 wins this year to make it so no way will North win 9 of their last 11. What's more is the North players know they've blown the season. Petrie last night after the game said their early season losses will come back to bite them. So mentally they are shot.

Mark Stevens on Ch 7 last night said the media heat will come on North now. I'd guess that will depend on whether the Dees get flogged again tomorrow and Melbourne finally sack Neeld this week. In any case, the heat should come on Brad Scott's coaching after allowing McKenzie to roam freely a kick behind the ball for the whole night and not manning him up. He had a shocker as much as his players did.

After n0rf made the elimination finals they signed Brad Sook up 2016 (I think the end of it but not 100%). So regardless if the heat turns up on him or not they're stuck with him.  :lol surely they can't afford to pay that out any time soon.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: June 09, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »
Useless bloody ainters

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #475 on: June 09, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »
Useless Montagna

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #476 on: June 10, 2013, 12:00:12 AM »
Useless bloody ainters
It's in their culture :yep.

Mind you the umps favoured the Eagles again 22-14. Win or lose they always win the free kick account as they did against us (16-9) despite us having more of the ball ::).

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #477 on: June 10, 2013, 08:35:23 AM »
I seriously was left wondering if the umpires had money on West Coke. Every single decision was going their way. As for the Selwood's, I'm seriously wishing their mum had practiced birth control. For the most part the umpires this round have put the whistle away, which is mostly a good thing, and the trend continued in this game. The one trend that has irritated me for weeks though is the absolute refusal to reward a good tackle, or penalise incorrect disposal as a result of good tackling. I've seen players drop, throw, fling and simply put the ball on the ground when tackled , and get away with it.
This continued last night. The Saints in particular must have laid a dozen brilliant tackles that went unrewarded. Then in the dying seconds, with the Saints mounting one last roll of the dice attack, Saad I think it was gets dragged down, and lo and behold, the umpires decide to finally pay one.
When Scumwood roll the Dees today we will once again find ourselves in 9th spot. God I hate the bye.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: June 10, 2013, 08:40:19 AM »
when you talk about rewarding a good tackle are you referring to when the player has had a chance to get rid of the ball or just doesnt even attempt to dispose of it properly, or do you believe that the play maker should be penalised, even if he is tackled as soon as he takes possession?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #479 on: June 10, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »
when you talk about rewarding a good tackle are you referring to when the player has had a chance to get rid of the ball or just doesnt even attempt to dispose of it properly, or do you believe that the play maker should be penalised, even if he is tackled as soon as he takes possession?

I believe if the player with the ball has had prior opportunity to get rid of it (ie/ has taken a few steps, has taken on the tackler etc.) and is brought down fairly (ie/ not scragged,  or ridden into the ground) then he should be penalised for holding the ball. Similarly, if he throws, or drops the ball when tackled he should be pinged for incorrect disposal. The umpires haven't been doing this for weeks, and it's really beginning to drive me up the wall.