Author Topic: St Kilda vs Richmond Round 2 2013  (Read 14552 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: St Kilda vs Richmond Round 2 2013
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2013, 11:52:43 PM »
Just got home

Agree with Owl, really should have had them buried by half time. But postive sign they found a way to win in the final qtr

Super impressed with Reece Conca tonight - great game, best he's played

Great to see Grimes back. the "iron fist" returns  ;D

Few blokes who were good last week were missing this week - that's a concern but our leaders stood up in the last which was so important

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2013, 12:03:52 AM »
Good to grind out a win.
yes we should've smashed them like Blues last week but we found a way to win.

Buldogs to come would like to see a change at the selection table

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2013, 12:21:33 AM »
We are one big win from "arriving" on the big stage, lets hope it's next week.
Reece Conca, take a bow.  :bow
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2013, 05:00:40 AM »
We got caught over the back and on the counter quite a few times last night (due to our often poor long kicking inside 50). A lot of the time it looked like it was the only way the Saints looked like kicking a goal.  The game was often too much of a run and gun centre clearance shootout. Great to get the win as we were by far the better side and we controlled the general play for most of the night; however Dimma would want a tighter cleaner defensive effort. Our tackling stat was low like it was last week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2013, 06:49:59 AM »
A real positive can still win games whilst not playing our best. Chaplin and Conca were very impressive as was Jack. King and Edwards were good. Martin's game was very good as well. Cotchin beating the tag in the second half shows just how good he is. Grimes was great back in defence. We still continue to miss too many easy shots at goal eg Newman at the stroke of half time. McGuane missed a couple as well. Glad we did not fade away in last quarter. Need to bury the bulldogs. Alot of players abit down and hopefully they can rise against the bulldogs eg Houli

Rampstar

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2013, 09:36:06 AM »
My only concern is our low tackle counts. Low tackle counts against the really good sides wont work. We need to improve by a big way in terms of tackle counts. I dont know why each player cant find it within themselves to make on average 2 or 3 tackles a game. 3 tackles per player per game = 66 tackles. Finalists should be up in the 80 tackle range a game.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »
actually not true ramps.

going from 2010 stats, the finalists all had under 80. except for collingwood, those finalists that had more tackles finished lower. the sides with highest tackle counts were all around middle of the ladder and those down the bottom had less.

like most stats, tackle count on its own is not much use.

a high tackle count means that you are getting beaten to the ball a lot and it is tiring to always be chasing.

a low tackle count will mean either of two things.
you are winning a lot of ball and maintaining posession, and the tackles you lay are dispossing the opposition, or you are getting flogged and the cant lay a finger on the opposition and when you do the tackles are ineffictive, thus the bell curve in the graph above
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
Was a bit of a strange game , Jacks back with a veangence.  McGuane...stoked he was marking and really looks a forward now, Pettard goes alright, Concs lit it up, Poor old Cotch was getting mugged all night.
Agree with Al but, was annoyed that we weren't making ours stick.
Lots of people name their swords......

Ruanaidh

« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2013, 10:49:28 AM »
Great info Al :thumbsup I'm always wary of 'defensive' stats in isolation from actual winning ratio's.

Gigantor

« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »
i think our tackle count is low compared to other teams because of all the time the opposition spend trying to lay one on either Cotch or lids(they just dont stick on those 2 boys) ;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »
Cotch should of had free kicks all night, the amount of times Jones was holding him behind play was ridiculous.  When Cotch was involved in a play Jones would be still holding him well after the ball had moved on so he couldn't follow up.  It was only in the second half the umpies started paying a few.
Lots of people name their swords......

Rampstar

« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2013, 11:12:56 AM »
actually not true ramps.

going from 2010 stats, the finalists all had under 80. except for collingwood, those finalists that had more tackles finished lower. the sides with highest tackle counts were all around middle of the ladder and those down the bottom had less.

like most stats, tackle count on its own is not much use.

a high tackle count means that you are getting beaten to the ball a lot and it is tiring to always be chasing.

a low tackle count will mean either of two things.
you are winning a lot of ball and maintaining posession, and the tackles you lay are dispossing the opposition, or you are getting flogged and the cant lay a finger on the opposition and when you do the tackles are ineffictive, thus the bell curve in the graph above

Didnt we only have like 40 tackles yesterday? I havent looked at the stats but I heard 40 was the total. Thats a very low figure even in terms of your graph.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2013, 11:13:38 AM »
Good to get a win but a crappy, scrappy game, poor skills and disposal, average game. We need to get better to play the contenders.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »
Thought we played crap