Author Topic: St Kilda vs Richmond Round 2 2013  (Read 14529 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: St Kilda vs Richmond Round 2 2013
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2013, 12:39:29 AM »
I for one don't want to be in top form now. It's too hard to maintain all year. Winning ugly is good. Getting the 4 points anyway is good.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2013, 01:22:48 AM »
:lol
what about when it's melbourne's home game Tigra?
Your kidding right? 
1) their fans don't show
2) they have the MCC where most of them congregate anyway.
3) we were the first club to have over 1 million spectators watch a season (1980)
And that's when we had to go to all the away games at all the small sized ovals like junction oval, windy hill, western oval, victoria park & kardinia park etc.
So who helped pay all those MCG bills from 1965-1980?.... Melbourne?????
4) do they have any fans that show up?
5) I think that Melbourne are such a rabble of a club that should count themselves lucky they don't get kicked out of the MCG altogether. 
6) even if we allowed for your point that it was melbournes home ground first. I might say fair enough in melbournes case if any of their fans bothered to show up at a game maybe then you'd consider letting them use our punt road end. But all other clubs can go and get stuffed!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2013, 02:25:54 AM »
Again our beloved punt rd end was used by the opposition club.  :banghead
The whole bottom deck resembling a tartan skirt with its blocks of black, red, white and spaces of grey seating.
On the city side however, a sea of yellow & black.  :gotigers

It's our ground! Who gives a flying stuff who's home game it is! 
I'm sure the facilities are just as good at the city end but its our bloody home ground!
We should get first dibs in whatever side of the ground we want the faithful brethren of the tiger army to congregate.

If you don't like it then go & play your bloody home games at docklandscolonialetihadtelstradome stadium! 
It's a bloody disgrace.  :banghead
Whilst I like the thought of having our own end I also feel like these 2 games the atmosphere has been amazing with cheer squad one end and grog squad up the other. I reckon opposition cheer squads were pooting themselves with grog squad behind them.  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
All clear from the Match Review Panel ...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-08/full-mrp-report

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:59 PM »
The whole bottom deck resembling a tartan skirt with its blocks of black, red, white and spaces of grey seating.

I'm sure the facilities are just as good at the city end but its our bloody home ground!
We should get first dibs in whatever side of the ground we want the faithful brethren of the tiger army to congregate.

If you don't like it then go & play your bloody home games at docklandscolonialetihadtelstradome stadium! 
Whilst I like the thought of having our own end I also feel like these 2 games the atmosphere has been amazing with cheer squad one end and grog squad up the other. I reckon opposition cheer squads were pooting themselves with grog squad behind them.  :lol

Newy said the same thing post game. I am a genius.  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »

Newy said the same thing post game. I am a genius.  :lol

That's enough out of you, Mr "Jazz Hands" Tigra!

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2013, 07:59:57 PM »
Wtf? .....Jazz hands???

I don't get it.

dwaino

« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2013, 08:10:21 PM »

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2013, 08:39:38 PM »
While I get the sentiment of the punt rd end thing the reality is that we now have 50k+ members and IMO we just seemed to dominate the crowds all over the ground this week and last week.
It was almost laughable how much bigger and louder the tiger fans were in Fri night at a saints home game.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

dwaino

« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2013, 08:59:23 PM »
While I get the sentiment of the punt rd end thing the reality is that we now have 50k+ members and IMO we just seemed to dominate the crowds all over the ground this week and last week.
It was almost laughable how much bigger and louder the tiger fans were in Fri night at a saints home game.

Had a bunch of really funny indigenous Richmond and Saints supporters behind us in the Ponsford stand at the game, and I heard the Saints bloke say "bloody hell... I think we're in the Richmond section. Where is the red, black and white? Wait who's home game is this?"

Good value though. Was half cut by quarter time and whenever anyone like Gilbert or Maister got the ball he'd just say "this could go anywhere."

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2013, 09:41:44 PM »

Sorry Dwaino, I still don't get it.
And what has this got to do with me?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2013, 03:53:19 AM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick and Watters):

10 Riewoldt (Rich)

6 Conca (Rich)

4 McEvoy (St K)

4 Riewoldt (St K)

3 Cotchin (Rich)

2 Deledio (Rich)

1 Dal Santo (St K)

http://aflca.com.au/index.php?id=14&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1096&tx_ttnews[backPid]=9&cHash=40591b92ba

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2013, 08:31:07 PM »
just wanted to know if anyone has had a chance to watch the replay on the net? ive tried big pond video today but theyve changed the website skin and consequently stuffed the site imo. Having trouble navigating and finding what i want to watch  :banghead

any help would be greatly appreciated  :thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »
just wanted to know if anyone has had a chance to watch the replay on the net? ive tried big pond video today but theyve changed the website skin and consequently stuffed the site imo. Having trouble navigating and finding what i want to watch  :banghead

any help would be greatly appreciated  :thumbsup
http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay/?round=CD_R201301402&match=CD_M20130140201

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2013, 11:19:17 AM »
Thanks alot Suffered  :thumbsup
Im not keen on the change of layout though  ::) im not even old so i cant use that excuse  :facepalm
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S