Author Topic: changes for next week?  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: changes for next week?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 11:50:52 AM »
Vlastuin for Ellis.

Wasn't impressed with a few blokes like Houli, but I'm not a fan of wholesale changes, and optimistic about blokes playing into form.

Not for Ellis, he showed a lot more when he came on last night and needs a full game now to redeem himself and rebuild some confidence.  Batchelor on the other hand...............

That would be my only change against the Dogs as they aren't overly tall and Batchelor is proving himself to be quite timid and useless when the ball goes to ground.  Losing faith in him weekly and I really hope he starts to turn it around soon because I want him to succeed.

dwaino

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 11:54:19 AM »
Vlastuin for Ellis.

Wasn't impressed with a few blokes like Houli, but I'm not a fan of wholesale changes, and optimistic about blokes playing into form.

Not for Ellis, he showed a lot more when he came on last night and needs a full game now to redeem himself and rebuild some confidence.  Batchelor on the other hand...............

Yeah I know but I'm just thinking that sub twice and may need a full match in the twos in case it affects his match fitness. Also just an excuse to chuck in Flossy ;D Batchelor just needs a kick in the bum to stop giving his opponent a paddock before chasing the lead. His other aspects are fine IMO.

Trying to keep the structures in mind I'm not sure who else at this stage. Grigg was woeful but doubt he'll get dropped after one really sub par game, ditto with some others. I noticed Maric copped a bath in the ruck but didn't take enough notice that he might be injured. So maybe Stephenson?

IMO the Bulldogs forward line isn't much chop and we could go in unchanged. 

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »

Batchelor just needs a kick in the bum to stop giving his opponent a paddock before chasing the lead. His other aspects are fine IMO.

Not so sure Dwaino.  I'm getting more worried about him as each week passes.  Lacks mongrel if you ask me and that allows him to get beaten often, and I don't think his disposal is very reliable either.

Gigantor

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 12:00:49 PM »
i reckon he has a concentration problem..when hes on song he reads the play really well.Last night ,especially in the first half his opponent was leading him a merry dance.However in fairness to batch he did tighten up in the second half

dwaino

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »

Batchelor just needs a kick in the bum to stop giving his opponent a paddock before chasing the lead. His other aspects are fine IMO.

Not so sure Dwaino.  I'm getting more worried about him as each week passes.  Lacks mongrel if you ask me and that allows him to get beaten often, and I don't think his disposal is very reliable either.

Hard to say anything good about him after last night but he's great when playing as the drop off bloke, reads the play well and gets in for the intercepts. He has been one of my favourite blokes since he debuted so I admit any bias, but I'm really hoping last night was a case where his match up was completely off and lack of experience being accountable for a man. 

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Is the 'throw up' around stoppages effecting Maric at all?

Maybe its a tank issue?
Go Tigers!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »
Is the 'throw up' around stoppages effecting Maric at all?

Maybe its a tank issue?

nope
he had an interrupted pres season had surgery

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »
OUT:

Batchelor
Edwards
Grigg

IN:

Griffiths
Nahas
Vlastuin

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »
OUT:

Batchelor
Edwards
Grigg

IN:

Griffiths
Nahas
Vlastuin

WTF.... :huh...Edwards was great....Batch is hard at it and Grigg had one ordinary game.....are you trolling??

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »
Thought Batch was asked to play a role that was beyond him. Playing as a KPD against Maisten, he just couldnt compete in the air(is 1.88cm), the dissapointing thing for me wasnt so much that he was beaten in the air but that he was borderline non competitive 3 or 4 times on the lead. At his best when playing against someone more his own size where he can zone off and help out 3rd man up. Also needs to trim down a touch, has bulked up considerably and looks slower(was never a feature of his to begin with)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »
Those wanting Grigg out have short memories.  Craig Bradley never hit a pack either.
He is as safe as houses and we need him in the side to work between the arcs.
Agree with Maric, needs a rest.  Big O in.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
Out: Grigg and Maric
In: Vlastuin and Orren

Vlastuin sub, Ellis playing Grigg's role

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »
Torch - Nahas for Edwards is mind boggling.

McGaune and Jackson [unfortunately?] look safe again.

Why "unfortunately"????? Do you know them personally and you just don't like them??? If they play well as they have done why drop drop them?? Silly comment, sorry but it makes no sense!

I am merely asking the question.  I find the Richmond list and selection interesting.

Would Griffiths and Helbig / Vlastuin or another combination give greater output?

We need Griff to play on Cordy....Batch out....just a match-up issue  Vlaustin in for Grigg or Newman or Jacko....although any of them would be considered a little stiff. As someone said we need to keep transitioning. Flossy was just about BOG in the practice match we had against the doggies 3 weeks ago.

I would like to see Batch not dropped.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »
Torch - Nahas for Edwards is mind boggling.

McGaune and Jackson [unfortunately?] look safe again.

Why "unfortunately"????? Do you know them personally and you just don't like them??? If they play well as they have done why drop drop them?? Silly comment, sorry but it makes no sense!

I am merely asking the question.  I find the Richmond list and selection interesting.

Would Griffiths and Helbig / Vlastuin or another combination give greater output?

We need Griff to play on Cordy....Batch out....just a match-up issue  Vlaustin in for Grigg or Newman or Jacko....although any of them would be considered a little stiff. As someone said we need to keep transitioning. Flossy was just about BOG in the practice match we had against the doggies 3 weeks ago.

I would like to see Batch not dropped.

Would love to see Val in......but for who??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »
no change for mine.....maybe oren on the bench as insurance for Ivan who to me looks proppy