Author Topic: changes for next week?  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: changes for next week?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »
I noticed Maric copped a bath in the ruck but didn't take enough notice that he might be injured. So maybe Stephenson?

vickery seemed to play a fair bit more in the ruck last night. I wonder if maric is carrying something.

if so i hope they just rest him and get it right, particularly if it is affecting his output so early in the season.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »
I think the Dogs played well to their strengths (or min/maxing to D&D nerds) and did well to score 78 against Freo. We should still beat then but unless we take it up a gear I reckon we're in for another long ground out win.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 05:50:11 PM »
I noticed Maric copped a bath in the ruck but didn't take enough notice that he might be injured. So maybe Stephenson?

vickery seemed to play a fair bit more in the ruck last night. I wonder if maric is carrying something.

if so i hope they just rest him and get it right, particularly if it is affecting his output so early in the season.

Maric had groin issues during the pre-season was in the re-hab group at stages

Seeing he couldn't really jump last night, struggled to really stretch out at times running around the ground and that enabled McEvoy to plug the hole in defence really easily last night I thought perhaps he was playing sore
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »
Outs- Batch, Grigg, Ellis
Ins- Dea, Vlastuin, Edwards/Knights/O'Hanlon (whichever plays better at Coburg)

Wouldn't mind our forwardline with a lead up flanker, giving an option on the wing starting from half forward.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 09:02:08 AM »
I don't think they will make any changes. McGuane is doing enough to keep his spot. If any change  I would bring in Vlastuin for Jackson

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 10:05:42 AM »
1 change - Vlastuin for Batchelor.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 11:47:45 AM »
I repeat.  We need a tall for Ayce Cordy.

In:  Griffiths
Out : Batchelor
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Gigantor

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »
Lets see how griff goes today in the magoos...Batch can play tall,although his first half performance friday was ordinary

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 11:53:01 AM »
Lets see how griff goes today in the magoos...Batch can play tall,although his first half performance friday was ordinary
I dont think he can play 200+ cm tall!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 12:28:52 PM »
or maybe chaps will have to man up and play on one of the big boys  :shh

I agree with smokey, batch out, Vlas in. Also think Newman needs to lift, ex captain needs to be doing more

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »

Out

Batchelor
Grigg

Ins

Helbig
Knights
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
I dont think he can play 200+ cm tall!
Griff to Cordy/Minson, Petterd to Murphy, Rance to Jones, Grimes and Houli to mediums and Chaplin in reserve.....in fact we could stretch the backline of the dogs by going tall at times with one of the nominal tall backs to go forward.

Late edit: How could I forget Morris :o...He goes onto Dalhaus.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »
Out- Ellis even though I thought he had an impact when he came on and won a crucial ball in the centre. Just to keep match fit at Coburg.

In- Vlaustin

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 01:39:31 PM »
When Vlastuin plays he should get a full game.

Not this sub rubbish.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Barometer - Round 3 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 04:22:32 PM »
The Barometer: Who's hurt and who's in line for selection at your club for AFL Round 3

Staff writers
    April 08, 2013 3:32PM

RICHMOND

INJURIES
Nathan Foley (Achilles) 4-6 weeks
David Astbury (foot) 1-2 weeks

ON THE BLOCK: Brandon Ellis could be in trouble after being subbed off in Round 1 and starting in the subs vest on Friday night, although he had an impact when he came on late. Hard to find another player who deserves to be dropped on form but team balance might be an issue – do the Tigers need so many tall and medium defenders against the Bulldogs?

ON THE CUSP: Former Crow Chris Knights put a battering ram through Damien Hardwick’s proverbial selection door when he picked up 41 disposals in Coburg’s big win against Sandringham yesterday. Knights, who was picked up as a free agent at the end of last season, also registered eight clearances, eight inside-50s and a goal and could be the mid-sized forward the Tigers need. Others to impress in the VFL included Aaron Edwards (four goals and 17 disposals), Brad Helbig (26 touches) and Robin Nahas (22 and six tackles). Nick Vlastuin (16 disposals) might have to wait another week.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: The last time Richmond won the first three matches of a season was in 1995, when the Tigers went on to win the first eight and make a preliminary final. We don’t want to get ahead of ourselves but momentum is building at Punt Rd and depth is no longer a problem. They should have the Dogs covered, then comes a serious test with matches against Collingwood, Fremantle (in Perth) and Geelong.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/the-barometer-whos-hurt-and-whos-in-line-for-selection-at-your-club-for-afl-round-2/story-e6frf9jf-1226610940898