Author Topic: Coburg vs Williamstown --- Sat. April 13 --- LIVE on ABC TV  (Read 9009 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs Williamstown --- Sat. April 13 --- LIVE on ABC TV
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2013, 11:24:29 AM »
Coburg do not play as a team! Just a bunch of individuals!

It's full of RFC players torch so you are implying that the RFC don't play as a team?

So is it they don't as a team when the lose only when they win?

Yes because when they play as a team they play better, common sense really. I don't blame RFC players in Coburg playing for themselves though, need to impress the coaches somehow and like it or not 30 disposals looks better than 10 and a few shepherds.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »

It's full of RFC players torch so you are implying that the RFC don't play as a team?

Yes because when they play as a team they play better, common sense really. I don't blame RFC players in Coburg playing for themselves though, need to impress the coaches somehow and like it or not 30 disposals looks better than 10 and a few shepherds.

I would think that playing with a team first mentality rather than a me first menatality would impress the coaches more

I reckon a few 1%rs would make more of an impression than 30 meaningless kicks that went straight to the opposition or resulted in turnovers would 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »

I would think that playing with a team first mentality rather than a me first menatality would impress the coaches more

I reckon a few 1%rs would make more of an impression than 30 meaningless kicks that went straight to the opposition or resulted in turnovers would

Obviously there will be some other things that would help but if you see a big ol' 30 in the disposal sheet you're gonna get a look at.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »
Obviously there will be some other things that would help but if you see a big ol' 30 in the disposal sheet you're gonna get a look at.

Let's hope our coaches arent that gullible because base don what was dished up yesterday the stats lie  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »
Full match replay now available on ABC iView:

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/32331