Author Topic: The Sky is Falling  (Read 8025 times)

dwaino

Re: The Sky is Falling
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 10:07:36 PM »
Do we?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 10:12:06 PM »
:lol
 we matched them for 3 quarters and probably our worst quarter of footy for over 12 months cost us dearly. AS i have already said, it wasnt just our pressure and tackling, but everything that went down the poo shute, but hey you keep harping on about one aspect as if that is the be all and end all.

The biggest issue was not absorbing the pressure applied by the opposition, that is what wins big games against quality opposition.

I like the way you now say that seasoned finals teams dont need high numbers, but we do. you have obviously looked at the stats and seen that the scum only had 48 tackles themselves..

for three quarters we matched them in all facets. In one we crumbled and got blown out of the water in ALL facets, but you keep harping on about only one thing.

speaking of harping on about one thing, how did your weapon go today.
A bit like a scud missile eh?  always threatening, but never delivering when it counted.
Paul Roos agrees with me. I'll take his opinion over yours thankyou.
We play that girly poo pansy footy we ain't playing finals. If we do play finals we will have our pants pulled down like they were today.
You can dream all you like about how you'd like the team to play but a defensive no compromise hard ball, fierce and tough footy is what I want to see.
Kill or be killed! 
They are soft and they shat themselves. Fact!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 10:15:35 PM »
is that all youve got?
c'mon mr football, surely you can give a more detailed account of what went wrong rather than swinging off roos's nuts and a one dimensional carry on.

tell me exactly where and why you disagree with my post.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:37:29 PM by al »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
 we matched them for 3 quarters and probably our worst quarter of footy for over 12 months cost us dearly. AS i have already said, it wasnt just our pressure and tackling, but everything that went down the poo shute, but hey you keep harping on about one aspect as if that is the be all and end all.

The biggest issue was not absorbing the pressure applied by the opposition, that is what wins big games against quality opposition.

I like the way you now say that seasoned finals teams dont need high numbers, but we do. you have obviously looked at the stats and seen that the scum only had 48 tackles themselves..

for three quarters we matched them in all facets. In one we crumbled and got blown out of the water in ALL facets, but you keep harping on about only one thing.

A bit like a scud missile eh?  always threatening, but never delivering when it counted.
We play that girly poo pansy footy we ain't playing finals. If we do play finals we will have our pants pulled down like they were today.
You can dream all you like about how you'd like the team to play but a defensive no compromise hard ball, fierce and tough footy is what I want to see.
Kill or be killed! 
all you do is rubbish the club, criticise everything, then wait for us to fail and gloat about it.  You are a turd.
Lots of people name their swords......

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »
Third quarter. Look at the spread of the Pies. Win the ball in tight run to space ball out in front of teammate link in the chains give to Cloke or a finisher in Sidebottom or Elliot and that's all she wrote.

We do not have the players who do this and too many times it falls in the hands of Grigg who misses from 30 as he did in the last or Jako who handbills a point from 20. Pour finishes should be the Edwards or the Martins or the Deledios.

Thought Petterds one handed effort and then blaming the sun for dropping. Mark was inadequate and inexcusable. Knights missed two get table shots also.

For me it showed where we are exactly a 6-10 sidearms what type of gut running players we need to certainly get us to finals and moving beyond the first week. Officially Hawthorn last year was not a break out game that's my opinion it was a game that turned their fortunes around as they have lost 3 from 20 since then. That is just my take.

I think how far we have come as a side will be decided next week on whether we can tick another box and beat Freo in Perth  and a side coached by Ross Lyon. Next week is the non negotiable the win at all costs and leave nothing on the field because with Geelong and Port the next few weeks we may found our early season jump on other top 8 contenders will be extinguished.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 10:51:34 PM »

Kill or be killed! 

Mr T you are so full of it from Punt Rd end to no tackles to this and that. You need to take a step back.
Look at the loss philosophically rather than justifying your convictions through the supposed thoughts of someone else. We got beaten in spread and skill and not being able to go with a superior side when they stepped up. Had nothing to do with being a girls side . That is garbage because I am not questioning the teams application or endeavour or brand of footy which has been sustainable full of toughness and courage for the most part.

You are a troll of the highest order and whilst I am not pleased with the result and know what needs to be done you just over criticise every aspect of the club and revel in results such as this expecting knee jerk reactions to things that should be addressed otherwise. I think it is quite petty to react in that way. It is okay to be disappointed but revelling in it is too much.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 11:16:06 PM »
is that all youve got?
c'mon mr football, surely you can give a more detailed account of what went wrong rather than swinging off roos's nuts and a one dimensional carry on.

They are soft, scared and stupid.
Dropping easy marks...stupid!
Watching the man and not the ball....stupid!
Allowing Sidebottom to roam free....stupid!
Not giving Rance any help on Cloke....stupid!
Throwing the ball on the boot in hope....stupid!

Why? Because we shat ourselves?
Why did we poo ourselves?
Because of applied and perceived pressure.
Perceived pressure creates mistakes
Established by the pies in the second quarter and executed early in the third where we were jumping at shadows and caught man watching, rushing and petrified.
Thus the mistakes started to happen.
We were outmuscled, outplayed, to slow to react and unproductive.
We didn't make a statement, we didn't establish a resolve, we got caught with out fingers up our bum.
We let them dictate and bully. We got caught with our pants down with all of the Collingwood supporters laughing at our tiny limp dick.
We didn't block and protect our captain.
We didn't work hard enough for each other.
There wasn't any support for Rance, no accountability for our opponents.

I was there I saw it unfold and I predicted it by half time.
Did I go expecting it? No!... I hoped I was wrong. I hoped I was overreacting. I hoped we'd flex our muscle and smash them. But my hopes were shattered half way through the second quarter.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 11:22:59 PM »
is that all youve got?

Established by the pies in the second quarter and executed early in the third where we were jumping at shadows and caught man watching, rushing and petrified.
We didn't make a statement, we didn't establish a resolve, we got caught with out fingers up our bum.
We let them dictate and bully. We got caught with our pants down with all of the Collingwood supporters laughing at our tiny limp dick.

Did I go expecting it? No!... I hoped I was wrong. I hoped I was overreacting. I hoped we'd flex our muscle and smash them. But my hopes were shattered half way through the second quarter.

geez half way through the second quarter, can I have the tatts numbers for next week.

I was there also and felt it was still anyone's game at half time.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 11:26:09 PM »
Hey Tigra.

We are on year 4 of a rebuild since the end of 2009.

Collingwood have been rebuilding since 2004.

They have played finals every year since 2006 and every prelim since 2009 minimum.

Did you expect we were going to beat them as easy as you formulated in your mind?

What about your secret weapon had numerous chances to repay the critical errors he made in the second and he hit the post from 30 when he could have run in and kicked a goal but I digress and I don't want to be seen as as someone who is susceptible to knee jerk reactions and sensationalist comments.

You know who you are the type of person that will be on the news during Grand Final week when Richmond make it one day saying something like this....

Yeah I have been a fan for so many years and I always believed we would get here and everything has been so worth it and I am so happy and they are just so good and yadda yadda yadda.

Homer Simpsons and the Isotopes syndrome that is you.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 11:32:28 PM »

Kill or be killed! 
all you do is rubbish the club, criticise everything, then wait for us to fail and gloat about it.  You are a turd.
Billshit!!!!
And Don't call me names!!!!
It's unprofessional, uncalled for and unnecessary.
How about try and have an opinion and argue a point.
Atleast I have an opinion and I'm man enough to state a case whether  anyone agrees with me or not.

Name calling is just too easy and a gutless action.
Try debating a point or rebut my argument with a thought of your own.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 11:35:48 PM »
 :lol@ tucker
is that all youve got?

gee you'd think we were belted over 4 quarters and lost by 10 goals.

a little bit of truth mixed in with a heap of kaka does not make you a seer.

nothing you have said is enlightening nor does it address as to what you think and why what i posted is incorrect.

eff me, i said early in the third that if collingwood get a 4 goal lead we are stuffed. wow what a marvelous insightful statement that turned out be  ::)

can i pull myself stupid too?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »
Hey Tigra.

They have played finals every year since 2006 and every prelim since 2009 minimum.

Did you expect we were going to beat them as easy as you formulated in your mind?

What about your secret weapon had numerous chances to repay the critical errors he made in the second and he hit the post from 30 when he could have run in and kicked a goal but I digress and I don't want to be seen as as someone who is susceptible to knee jerk reactions and sensationalist comments.

You know who you are the type of person that will be on the news during Grand Final week when Richmond make it one day saying something like this....

Yeah I have been a fan for so many years and I always believed we would get here and everything has been so worth it and I am so happy and they are just so good and yadda yadda yadda.

What the stuff are you on about?
I've been a member for 30 odd years.
Sat through all the billpoo rebuilds and thrashings.
You don't know me.
I've rattled the stuffing tins and given my hard earned as many  supporters here have.
You don't have any stuffing right to accuse a fellow supporter of his or her loyalty to a club they've forever loved.
I for one would never question yours or any other supporters loyalty to the tigers. I think it's gutless petty and downright disrespectful.
I consider all OER members or contributers to be loyal passionate fans. I don't see how having an opinion can change that for anyone here.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2013, 11:48:19 PM »
Hey Tigra.

What the stuff are you on about?
I've been a member for 30 odd years.
Sat through all the billpoo rebuilds and thrashings.
You don't know me.
I've rattled the stuffing tins and given my hard earned as many have supporters have.
You don't have any stuffing right to accuse a fellow supporter of his or her loyalty to a club they've forever loved.
I for one would never question yours or any other supporters loyalty to the tigers. I think it's gutless petty and downright disrespectful.
I consider all OER members or contributers to be loyal passionate fans. I don't see how having an opinion can change that for anyone here.

Trust me I know enough just to help me get by in life. ;)

What's this tripe you post?

A post that is supposed to pull at the heart strings and give you credence. Oh yes manipulation tinged with sadness justification and maybe a tear. You are a real trouper.

Makes your comments all the more irrelevant inept and inadequate.

Essendon culture anyone. :lol :rollin :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2013, 11:50:57 PM »
:lol@ tucker
is that all youve got?

gee you'd think we were belted over 4 quarters and lost by 10 goals.

a little bit of truth mixed in with a heap of kaka does not make you a seer.

nothing you have said is enlightening nor does it address as to what you think and why what i posted is incorrect.

eff me, i said early in the third that if collingwood get a 4 goal lead we are stuffed. wow what a marvelous insightful statement that turned out be  ::)

can i pull myself stupid too?

No but in the 50's apparently you could pull yourself blind. For someone on here it will be forever 1953. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 12:45:59 AM »
Nothing new here Al thinking his opinion is supreme. Tackles don't matter. Hahaha

:sleep :sleep :sleep

We were owned today 33 pts should've been 66.

The pies gave us a real hard lesson in tackling and defensive pressure today

That's why we lost. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dillusional

Tucker you see Dwyer today. First year great game. How about Petterd or Grigg you see them?

Well weather your in year 1 or year 7 of a rebuild you should be able to chase tackle and take relatively easy marks.

Its an area of our game which has become worse. Tackling and defensive pressure. You can't win too many games with the elite teams with those numbers we have dished out this yr

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.